• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone used RCI - 45% off exchange fee offer

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got an RCI e-mail yesterday offering 45% off exchange fee. Then there was a correction e-mail stating it was an error but they would still honor it till 8pm yesterday. You have to call to get the info. Did anyone use it or get more info?

Thanks.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got an RCI e-mail yesterday offering 45% off exchange fee. Then there was a correction e-mail stating it was an error but they would still honor it till 8pm yesterday. You have to call to get the info. Did anyone use it or get more info?

Thanks.

I don't recall getting this offer via email--and I seem to get tons of emails from them. Hopefully you grabbed it. :)

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I got the 45% offer but I never got the "woops we are made a mistake email". Haven't tried to use it. What do you own, our only RCI account is tied to Worldmark?

Ian

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5

Thanks.

I got the first email and the second. Since I did not see the oops email until after the 8 pm deadline I let it go.

That was a BIG oops for sure.

johnnythatsmyboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't use the 45% offer but I did use the $50.00 off on Last Calls and got a studio at The Falls Village in Branson for the week after Christmas for $166.00. The RCI Agent was very professional and pleasant and gave the $50.00 off when I mentioned both emails; the $50.00 off and the correction email.

Rene McDaniel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I received the 45% off 1-exchange email, and I was really upset because I had just confirmed 2 exchanges the night before. Since I was within 24 hours, I called RCI to cancel out 1 and re-book it with the 45% off. They were willing to do it, but if my confirmed exchange was lost during the rebooking, I risked losing my exchange to someone else's ongoing search. I asked for help from a supervisor, so that it could be done without the week being lost. But, they wouldn't do it, since the 45% off emails were sent "in error". Since this was for a 3-week trip with back-to-back exchanges, I wasn't willing to risk losing one of my weeks. So, I had to forgo the $92 savings. Ouch! I was told the email was sent to customers who were not making exchanges like they had in the past. But it was sent in error. Whatever that means.

Well, if RCI didn't up their fees $10 every single year, and have the highest exchange prices in the industry, maybe people would have more interest in using them for exchanges. I try to use them as little as possible, because their exchange fees are so over-inflated. My Marriott-to-Marriott exchanges in Interval cost me $129 each, vs. $209 each for my RCI exchanges this week. Their top management must all be multi-millionaires by now!

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
RCI exchanges

I received the 45% off 1-exchange email, and I was really upset because I had just confirmed 2 exchanges the night before. Since I was within 24 hours, I called RCI to cancel out 1 and re-book it with the 45% off. They were willing to do it, but if my confirmed exchange was lost during the rebooking, I risked losing my exchange to someone else's ongoing search. I asked for help from a supervisor, so that it could be done without the week being lost. But, they wouldn't do it, since the 45% off emails were sent "in error". Since this was for a 3-week trip with back-to-back exchanges, I wasn't willing to risk losing one of my weeks. So, I had to forgo the $92 savings. Ouch! I was told the email was sent to customers who were not making exchanges like they had in the past. But it was sent in error. Whatever that means.

Well, if RCI didn't up their fees $10 every single year, and have the highest exchange prices in the industry, maybe people would have more interest in using them for exchanges. I try to use them as little as possible, because their exchange fees are so over-inflated. My Marriott-to-Marriott exchanges in Interval cost me $129 each, vs. $209 each for my RCI exchanges this week. Their top management must all be multi-millionaires by now!

I think they do this on purpose. Then act like they are doing you a favor by honoring their mistake. They had a sale on extra vacations a few weeks ago. I booked one, because they had something I wanted. I could have waited til a vri bonus week, but worried it would not be available within the 45 day window. I have just joined II because they offer first exchange free. only signed up for one year to see how they are. They are part of VRI so I will think of something with this. So I have 4 exchange companies with 7 weeks, 3 I don't exchage so that leaves one for each company, I'll let you know who is the best to deal with in my opinion after I have tried II again!
Silentg

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I suspect that they meant to use a targeted distribution on the email but it was a blast to a much larger audience. Perhaps all their customers.