• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone used “Resort Closings” to handle resale timeshare purchase?

Anne&Jim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Villas North OF (annual)
Westin Kaanapali Villas North (annual)
Westin Kaanapali Villas North (bi-annual)
Westin Mission Hills (annual)
Cliff Club at Snowbird (annual)
The Ridge at Tahoe (annual)
We are buying a Cliff Club week at Snowbird in Utah and the seller prefers to use Resort Closings in Montana to do the transfer because the agent has used them many times and is comfortable with them (says they are close by, fast and inexpensive). I don’t have a quote for closing costs yet, but would appreciate your experience if you’ve used them.

timesharepro

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are buying a Cliff Club week at Snowbird in Utah and the seller prefers to use Resort Closings in Montana to do the transfer because the agent has used them many times and is comfortable with them (says they are close by, fast and inexpensive). I don’t have a quote for closing costs yet, but would appreciate your experience if you’ve used them.
Hi Anne&Jim,

My name is John Kushman. I am one of the owners of Resort Closings. I have been a member of TUG for over a decade. I just spoke with the broker you are purchasing from a few minutes ago. He is getting a quote from one of my closing agents as she has already drafted the deed for the ownership you are purchasing.

If you have any questions I can answer please let me know.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I've bought a Wyndham TS from John and used their closing company. They were very efficient, had great communication and were quick to follow up on any questions I had.

You're in good hands!

Enjoy your purchase!

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve used Resort Closings for several transactions and will again.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much!
I’m glad you have a good reputation also.
As I’ve bought from the seller “ timesharepro” on ebay based in New Jersey if I remember right. They were excellent to deal with also.
It had me fooled until I clicked on your website

timesharepro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m glad you have a good reputation also.
As I’ve bought from the seller “ timesharepro” on ebay based in New Jersey if I remember right. They were excellent to deal with also.

I hope they are good to deal with as I helped train them when I worked for GO Properties. My member name here is timesharepro because I sold under the eBay ID timesharepro when working for them.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased from both Eric in NJ (timesharepro2 on ebay) and Resort closings. Both are great.

Got Worldmark from Resort closing in 2003. May have been one of their first sales (I think I dealt with Sue).

In 2015, I got a Marriott DSVI. Both worked great and got a bonus free usage too.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I am helping a friend sell his unit and the buyer heard good things about Resort Closings, so they are using RC. I have been the middle man for my friend and I have been happy with my interactions with their representative. We just received a waiver of ROFR so are close the wrapping up the transaction.

Best regards.

Mike

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
I am helping a friend sell his unit and the buyer heard good things about Resort Closings, so they are using RC. I have been the middle man for my friend and I have been happy with my interactions with their representative. We just received a waiver of ROFR so are close the wrapping up the transaction.

Best regards.

Mike
Hi, Mike:

Yes, we used Resort Closings in 2013 to pick up a week at the Marriott Kauai Beach Club. They were pretty prompt and delivered the documents quickly. Not going to be a hand-holding experience but there were no issues. We were lucky that Marriott did not exercise the ROFR, because we attended a presentation at the Marriott Waiohai in Kauai after we stayed at the property and were told that we got lucky the sale went through. Good luck.

FrankB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VV at Parkway
I also went through John and his closing company. I was very timid at first being my first TS purchase but they really surprised me with the prompt service and answering all of my questions. Nothing but positive things to say here! This was a recent transaction within the past 6 months.