• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone tried to give back a Grandview Las Vegas Timeshare

fmctimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tried to sell previously - no luck. Just put it back on the marketplace for $1 and agreed to pay all fees. Called the resort and hit a brick wall - no relief or payment delay in 2021 for covid, no buyback and no interest in my giving it back. Just wondering if others have tried and had more luck with GLV. My parents purchased the TS and I mistakenly took it over because I was paying the annual fees (HUGE mistake). Never use it and not willing to pay maintenance fees for life. I've rented it the last few years, but don't want to waste my time with that every year either. Thanks!

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a Grandview owners group and a buy/sell group on Facebook that you can also try. The resort has a rental program that does it for you that some have reported success with.

Grandview timeshares are selling on Ebay, so you can see how your offer stacks up.

echoloader

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
grandview at vegas
Tried to sell previously - no luck. Just put it back on the marketplace for $1 and agreed to pay all fees. Called the resort and hit a brick wall - no relief or payment delay in 2021 for covid, no buyback and no interest in my giving it back. Just wondering if others have tried and had more luck with GLV. My parents purchased the TS and I mistakenly took it over because I was paying the annual fees (HUGE mistake). Never use it and not willing to pay maintenance fees for life. I've rented it the last few years, but don't want to waste my time with that every year either. Thanks!
Just a question who did you contact at Grandview at Vegas for the deed back. Need to give mine away too.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Offer it here on TUG in the Bargain Deals and Timeshare Giveaways under the Buying, Selling Renting forum.

Make sure you specify if this is a points week or a week that will get TPUs, Trading Power Units, when deposited for trade. State the week number, unit size, the 2021 maintenance fees and if it's a points week how many points the week gets. If you have any points you've carried over from your previous use year they will transfer to the new owner so make sure you mention that. If you have a points account that can also be transferred to the new person and will save them a little money.

LT Transfers charges $225-$250 and the resort transfer fee is $250. Either you or the other person can pay them or you can split them.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ad has only been up for less than a week.

would suggest putting FREE CLOSING in the ad title vs at the very end of the ad description to further attract a buyer.

would also post it in the bargain deals section using the same suggestion!

fmctimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a question who did you contact at Grandview at Vegas for the deed back. Need to give mine away too.
I called the main number (707) 966-4660 and was transferred to the ‘right’ party. There is a process to establish economic hardship but I wasn’t able to take advantage of it.
Good luck!

Priscilla

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hello I’m looking to buy a GV TS but I would prefer one that has been converted to RCI points. Is yours converted to RCI points, if so, is it still available?
Thanks

DramaLlama82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2 bedroom at Grandview Las Vegas/RCI points
Hello I’m looking to buy a GV TS but I would prefer one that has been converted to RCI points. Is yours converted to RCI points, if so, is it still available?
Thanks

I have a 2 bedroom at the GV that I’m looking to get rid of. RCI membership is points not weeks.

Ellie23

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas
I'm not sure if your question was already answered, but I've tried deed back with GV at LV and they refuse. They say the only option is to sell, go to a timeshare exit company or get a lawyer. If you can't sell and your out is the recission period, the only other option is a hardship letter (financial or medical)

Ellie23

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas
I called the main number (707) 966-4660 and was transferred to the ‘right’ party. There is a process to establish economic hardship but I wasn’t able to take advantage of it.
Good luck!
Since the is post have you had any success with getting out of your timeshare?