• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone traded weeks into the Hyatt in Carmel Calif.

cowboy

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering trying to trade my floating week in Hawaii for a week at the Hyatt timeshare in Carmel and was wondering if that is something that could happen if the Hyatt ever sold weeks instead of points. Or, can an interval week be traded for a week if there are only points owners at the resort?

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Are you talking about an internal Hyatt trade or trading through Interval International?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very few Hyatt Highlands Inn weeks show up in II for trading. Most of the weeks I saw in the past were for early December dates.

It has been a year or two since I have seen any. For that matter I rarely see any units from the Monterey Peninsula area show up in II.

I used to see Pine Acres and Pacific Grove Plaza every once in a while but none recently.

Internally on the Hyatt site there is availability for the Highlands Inn using both CUP and LCUP points now.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own Hyatt but have a non Hyatt interval account. I got a getaway there for 600 in January (but that is definitely low season). When there are getaways available, they go in hours.

As a general rule, high season at any Hyatt can be hard to get.

Is there a specific time you want to go? If you aren’t picky about that I think an interval trade is doable.

You could try putting a trade request on TUG and see what happens.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Enter an ongoing search to see if you can get something. They are rare, but they do happen. Rick was so sure it was going to be super fancy and was surprised to see it was very much like a mountain lodge. He didn't like it as much as I did. I think the thrill of the hunt is a lot of the fun. I absolutely loved it, loved the location, and it was just a short drive to some historical places. But not much history to see really close by.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I’ve only tried internally. It’s a smaller property and most will rent out than trade. MF is now over 2k for 1bdrm.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I've got exchanges four times in the past 10 years through I.I. Unfortunately, 2 of the 4 I had to cancel (one was a December confirm where I was double-booked elsewhere and the other one was Covid/Calif. shut down related.

In all cases I put in a request using the highest trading power week that I had and requested a very wide range of dates (like 6 months worth).

wilma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
3 weeks were available in II this morning.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
3 weeks were available in II this morning.
A friend of mine got a match to an on-going search in the past few days. He is going in mid December and is "tickled pink". (pardon the pun regarding the name of the Inn next door, if you didn't catch the slight attempt at humor).

Colt Seavers

Reaction score
what's the code for hyatt carmel? in interval.

The code is HYI and can be looked up here .

I have been surprised to get 3 exchanges in the last 7 years to Highlands Inn including Thanksgiving and New Year. I suppose that is the offseason but it is one of our favorite places to be. As mentioned above it feels like a camp out in the woods yet you are minutes from Carmel and a few more minutes from Monterey and Big Sur.

While I haven't specifically searched recently I have never seen a great deal of availability but they do show up occasionally. One thing to keep in mind is that there are only a few 2 bedroom units so they are pretty much impossible to exchange into. Also check the room code to see if you get a loft 1-bedroom (which we like) or the single level which has just a sliding door to divide the room.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The code is HYI and can be looked up here .

I have been surprised to get 3 exchanges in the last 7 years to Highlands Inn including Thanksgiving and New Year. I suppose that is the offseason but it is one of our favorite places to be. As mentioned above it feels like a camp out in the woods yet you are minutes from Carmel and a few more minutes from Monterey and Big Sur.

While I haven't specifically searched recently I have never seen a great deal of availability but they do show up occasionally. One thing to keep in mind is that there are only a few 2 bedroom units so they are pretty much impossible to exchange into. Also check the room code to see if you get a loft 1-bedroom (which we like) or the single level which has just a sliding door to divide the room.
Rick didn't like the smell of the unit, which smelled like a campfire. Being a retired firefighter and a chimney sweep, the smell was too much like work. And he did inspect the fireplace in our unit, and the chimney was beyond filthy with lots of soot built up, so he deemed the chimney as very definitely unsafe to burn. That should be done all of the time in a complex near all of those trees.