• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone stopped paying maintenance fees to Dikhololo?

brianwy

Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone has stopped paying the annual maintenance fees to Dikhololo in the last couple years. I rarely have a chance to do RCI trades for my 3 weeks and would like to deed back the weeks to the resort. Unfortunately, the new management does not want to take the weeks back. Also, I had a very hard time last year trying to get them to deposit my weeks into RCI. It took 5 or 6 weeks of hounding them after I paid to get it done.

Also, does anyone know if they have the ability to report non payment of maintenance fes to a USA credit bureau? From what I have read it looks like they would have a hard time doing this.

I would be willing to give these weeks away to anyone interested?

Thanks

skimble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stopped paying, and I was no longer a member/owner. They're different. Instead of being a deed owner, you're a share holder. It's like you own stock. If you don't pay the maintenance fee, they'll just absorb your stock. I don't even think they go through any sort of foreclosure proceedings.

searay

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dikhololo
I would like to know if anyone has stopped paying the annual maintenance fees to Dikhololo in the last couple years. I rarely have a chance to do RCI trades for my 3 weeks and would like to deed back the weeks to the resort. Unfortunately, the new management does not want to take the weeks back. Also, I had a very hard time last year trying to get them to deposit my weeks into RCI. It took 5 or 6 weeks of hounding them after I paid to get it done.

Also, does anyone know if they have the ability to report non payment of maintenance fes to a USA credit bureau? From what I have read it looks like they would have a hard time doing this.

I would be willing to give these weeks away to anyone interested?

Thanks
I appreciate your question and sorry I did not see it sooner. In fact we have 3 1bd units at Dikhololo as well. Bought them in 1999 and have gotten a lot of use out of them. But we can no longer travel and would like to simply stop paying the maintenance fees and let the resort have them back. We are paid up through this year.

I read the reply you received: "I stopped paying, and I was no longer a member/owner. They're different. Instead of being a deed owner, you're a share holder. It's like you own stock. If you don't pay the maintenance fee, they'll just absorb your stock. I don't even think they go through any sort of foreclosure proceedings."

Just wondering if you did stop paying your maintenance fees and if there were any issues?

Thanks much for any insights on this.

Ray