• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone looked at the Vistana invoices for 2021? They look suspiciously boring

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked at Lagunamar and SVV. The depressed occupancy did not seem to make a difference. Same (or higher) electricity cost, same (or higher) phone and cable costs. The cleaning costs are higher, even without a mid-week cleaning and with just a fraction of units occupied. If there was any saving in 2020, how come it is not reflected somewhere? The peso was also extremely low almost throughout 2020.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We are getting ripped off. Utilities vastly reduced, cleaning staff laid off, wait staff almost gone, restaurants closed, etc, etc, yet fees are higher???

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have no problem paying for salaries of those who did not work for few months. God bless them, they have had enough problems (like everyone else). But I do not understand how the resort can claim the same electricity costs for example. The biggest consumption is the AC in the units, do not tell me they kept it on while unoccupied.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not seen anything for Harborside yet. Bills last year came out in first week of December. My guess is that there would have to be a line item for surplus for 2020. This years costs (2021) which is what we are paying MF for, should not be lower than 2020. Any savings on costs from 2020 should be brought forward to 2021 as a surplus from last year. Without seeing my bill for Harborside, I can not see what the Board has done with the surplus. I would think the surplus should be used to reduce 2021 MF.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I have no problem paying for salaries of those who did not work for few months. God bless them, they have had enough problems (like everyone else). But I do not understand how the resort can claim the same electricity costs for example. The biggest consumption is the AC in the units, do not tell me they kept it on while unoccupied.

They are not claiming that electricity costs were the same. What you see is projected 2021 costs vs projected 2020 costs. They do not disclose actual costs, and do not provide actual vs projected comparison.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The question is whether there was savings from this year and the surplus applied to the operating costs as a credit, which should result in lower 2021 MF.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I looked at Lagunamar and SVV. The depressed occupancy did not seem to make a difference. Same (or higher) electricity cost, same (or higher) phone and cable costs. The cleaning costs are higher, even without a mid-week cleaning and with just a fraction of units occupied. If there was any saving in 2020, how come it is not reflected somewhere? The peso was also extremely low almost throughout 2020.

Danny - A TIMESHARE related post! GOOD JOB!!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

I can guarantee you the AC in the units were left on while unoccupied. To do otherwise would have resulted in mold in the units.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Keep in mind that in humid environments you usually want to keep the AC on to help control the humidity in the unit. This helps prevent mold and other moisture issues. It doesn't have to be as cold, so I think there should be some reduction, but it won't be a huge decrease. The same thing with some of the other appliances - you can't just shut off a fridge/freezer without taking proper steps to ensure nothing starts growing - it is sometimes easier to leave them running.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
The question is whether there was savings from this year and the surplus applied to the operating costs as a credit, which should result in lower 2021 MF.

This information is not disclosed.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
This information is not disclosed.

we get financial statements by mail about two years after the fact. never paid too much attention, but those should have actual expenses on them...

pharmacistking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
SDO
The Grandview Las Vegas
MVC Grand Chateau
Is the SVV bill out ? I only saw projections. Not actual bill on the vistana site

Denise P

Reaction score
SVV Key West came through today. I was pretty pleased with just $28 increase overall bearing in mind I own the three bed lock-off which is the biggest unit plus the International Owners fee for SVN.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the SVV bill out ? I only saw projections. Not actual bill on the vistana site
SVV Bella is up 3.6%. That is a lot considering that the Hilton resorts in Orlando did not increase the 2021 MF

1606831174051.png

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
SVV Bella is up 3.6%. That is a lot considering that the Hilton resorts in Orlando did not increase the 2021 MF

View attachment 29311
I wonder if any of the Orlando resorts took into consideration the minimum wage provision that was passed by Florida voters in November?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
My LV Grandview did not increase. I think Marriott Vistana will always increase mf no matter what...
Marriott's Grande Vista did not see an increase. We actually saw a decrease for 2021.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if any of the Orlando resorts took into consideration the minimum wage provision that was passed by Florida voters in November?
$9.29 see the budget changes above. What is more troubling, without the saving due to low occupancy, the increase would have been more than 5% again

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score

View attachment 29311

Very strange the difference with Key West phase - lower bad debt expected and no mention of any change to insurance expense. Why would the latter be different for a different phase of the same complex?!?! (below is 2-bed lock-off expenses). Bella "Other" category is also twice as high.

1606835767998.png

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very strange the difference with Key West phase - lower bad debt expected and no mention of any change to insurance expense. Why would the latter be different for a different phase of the same complex?!?! (below is 2-bed lock-off expenses). Bella "Other" category is also twice as high.

View attachment 29315
SVR Cascades also has a much smaller increase than SVV Bella

1606836272407.png

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
WKORVN is flat this year. I see a $20 KOR Foundation and Trust which is the replacement for the One Ohana charity. Can we just ignore? Will it go away if we pay for everything except this online? (We prefer to contribute to our own charities)