• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2008 ] Has Anyone heard of Timeshare Group, LLC?

klconley

Reaction score
We are considering buying a timeshare from this company on EBay. Has anyone bought from them? My one concern is that I've tried emailing them, and no one has responded. I probably will call today. I just have a couple of questions, although the sale looks straight forward.

Also, should it be a concern if there are a lot of one resort being sold on EBay? Thanks.

zazz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought from a company calling itself The Timeshare Group, timeshare-group.com. Is that the same one that you are talking about?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are considering buying a timeshare from this company on EBay. Has anyone bought from them? My one concern is that I've tried emailing them, and no one has responded. I probably will call today. I just have a couple of questions, although the sale looks straight forward.

Also, should it be a concern if there are a lot of one resort being sold on EBay? Thanks.

When I recently inquired in these very forums about this entity, I was advised (correctly, I believe...) that it is the company name of one of the Ochoa brothers (Thomas or Doug). Evidently most (maybe all) of the "offered inventory" is from the "PostCard Companies", to then be sold off on eBay (usually at "no reserve" prices and with mandatory use of their "affiliated" closing company called Timeshare Closing Services).

I leave it to others to describe their buying experience with The Timeshare Group, as I have none.:shrug:

klconley

Reaction score
Thanks Theo

yes, this is the group. They have an ok standing on the BBB website. I wanted to know if anyone ever bought from them.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes and though the closing took longer then anticipated, everything was as stated in the auction.... would purchase from them again.

zazz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought from the Ochoa's. I got 154K Fairfield points from them this year for $1,199 + closing costs.

My closing took about 4 months. That includes about 1 month to get an estoppel from Wyndham, 6 weeks at the county recorders and another month at Wyndham to set up my account. So I don't know how much I can blame them for the time. Maybe it could have been a couple of weeks faster, but big deal.

I can say that they were pretty responsive to all of my questions or concerns. I requested that they make a reservation on my behalf while my closing was in process and they did so exactly as I had asked. I got what I paid for and received a fair price. I would buy from them again.

BarCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes I have bought from them as well and used the closing compamy - no problems and they were helpful

klconley

Reaction score
We did bid

And came up $300 short. That's ok. Our time is coming....

zazz

TUG Member
Reaction score
And came up $300 short. That's ok. Our time is coming....

That's not an entirely bad thing. You set a price that you were willing to pay and stuck with it. You'll find the one that works for you.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Offer to pay them 10% and balance when documents are ready to be sent for transfer. This way everyone has incentive to get it down quickly. I've begun to demand this payment option because I refuse to be held captive by a slow closing company again. I still have one that is "pending for 5 months now, and I completed 2 other sales since for the same property. So far both of them agreed to my payment offer. Its a buyer's market so use that to your advantage. Unless of course its a steal of a deal and you have no leverage.

Regards.
Joe

Reaction score

I bought from the in 2018 and while they disclosed the taxes were in the rears, they didn't disclose the maintenance fees were. The owner is very hostile and rude when confronted. Even his employee admitted they misunderstood how the the points were allocated in advance and billed in the rears. This meant we had to pay an unexpected maintenance fee.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Offer to pay them 10% and balance when documents are ready to be sent for transfer. This way everyone has incentive to get it down quickly. I've begun to demand this payment option because I refuse to be held captive by a slow closing company again. I still have one that is "pending for 5 months now, and I completed 2 other sales since for the same property. So far both of them agreed to my payment offer. Its a buyer's market so use that to your advantage. Unless of course its a steal of a deal and you have no leverage.

Regards.
Joe

Good idea. How would you do that on Ebay when all they ask for is bids?

junk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Islander 16800, Grand waikikian 12600 EOY, Boulevard 7000
I bought 2 Boulevard platinum 7000 units. Seamless transaction took only for three month to close the deal. I will buy from them again.

av1

Reaction score
A perfect experience! The Timeshare Group handled everything quickly, efficiently, and with great customer service. The price I paid on ebay was very, very low. I am a longtime VI owner and was looking to add to my points because my darn adult kids have been eating up too many of my existing points for the last few years. I was leery of buying online from an out of state company. However the price was so low compared to what VI charges per point, and the fact that most online reviews were positive and mostly because the BBB rating for the Timeshare Group was so high, I decided to risk it. It was better than I hoped for. From the time of my winning bid to the time the points were available for use was less than 3 weeks. (18 days, I think) Being an existing contract holder with VI points probably sped up the process a little.
I can wholeheartedly recommend buying from the Timeshare group through ebay. I can foresee myself adding more points in the future this way.
But I think I might make my kids pay some of the annual maintenance fees if they keep using up my points. LOL

ljlong15

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would you only advise to pay through credit card(where most charge an added fee of 3%) or is a certified check ok with this particular seller---Timeshare-Group? Thank you.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are absolutely wonderful to deal with - for my contracts they used sterling title…absolutely outstanding how quickly everything went through. Less than 90 days from end of auction purchase to in account. (Some of the other sellers have taken upwards of 5 months, the worst was 90 days before they even filed the deed.)

Best experience I have had yet on eBay.

So fast with them that I had points in my account a month earlier than I expected.

I pretty much have what I need at this point but if I decide to add something they would probably be the only eBay sellers I would work with again.
Would you only advise to pay through credit card(where most charge an added fee of 3%) or is a certified check ok with this particular seller---Timeshare-Group? Thank you.

I was pretty skeptical about paying via credit card, or anything with bank account numbers ect, my former career left me with a semi paranoid but healthy fear of identity theft. The amounts for me were nominal so I sent money orders. No issues

ChicagoDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe x2
Hyatt Highlands Inn
Renaissance Aruba
Westin Lagunamar
I purchased a timeshare from them on eBay and had a great experience. No issues with the closing and they even booked the weeks I wanted to use for me prior to closing. Professional operation that I’d use again.