• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone heard from Herb lately?

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to reach Herb and haven't had any luck. Has anyone had contact with him lately?

Thanks
Diane

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Herb

We heard that Herb passed away about a month ago. We were not able to confirm this but got it from another reseller in the timeshare industry. If it is true South African timeshares will never be the same.

Al D

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to reach him to purchase a timeshare the other day. Heather took my call and info and proceeded to help me. When I asked about Herb, she said he passed away early in December. She and her husband will be taking over the business.

I'm going ahead with the purchase through her.

I'll report back how it turns out.

Al D

cdziuba

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am greatly saddened by this news. Herb sold us our SA years ago, and was such a delightful person to speak with and to do business with. My heart goes out to his wife and family.

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Herb

I, too, am saddened to hear the news about Herb. We bought 2 timeshares (our first 2) from him 3 years ago. He was always so chipper and helpful whenever I called. Sad news.

magiroux

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear that Herb has passed away. He will be missed. My condolences to his family.

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
How shocking to hear of his passing. He sold us all our timeshares and I always found him to be very patient with my oodles of questions.

I mailed him some documents the middle of November and had sent him 2 emails since concerning them. He hadn't replied which was unusual for him.

At this point I am just in sad-mode, but will have to email the company about the business we were conducting.

Who is Heather?

Thanks
Diane :(

martyap

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Contact

Herb's wife, Bella, sent me the new contact info:

Ross Duncan, 22681 Oak Grove Avenue,
#334, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Phone no. and fax 949-305-2976

Diane............Try calling them re your matter.
No idea who Heather is unless it is Ross' wife

Marty

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Marty. I'll call later this week when things quiet down. This is just so sad.

Diane

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very sad to hear.

It is something I have been thinking about. When a person dies, and they are the one who is always on the internet. or blogging, or emailing, it is unlikely that the spouse/partner will be able to communicate the death to those individuals who "miss" the deceased's presence.

I am glad that we at least got this sad news. Perhaps there are others who have passed, and we never know why they disappeared.

hofftkmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very sad news indeed. Herb sold us our first timeshare as well. He was delightful to talk to and very professional. His name comes up when we are vacationing at some beautiful resort we would have never dreamed of visiting before we bought, and "Thanks Herb" is what is said.

ehollin

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I join the others saddened to hear of Herb's passing; I am a timeshare newbie, and decided to take the plunge with a SA timeshare after doing some research following my return from vacation last winter. We are going to experience our first trade next week at Grand Mayan Riviera Maya, which we obtained in a trade for a unit at Strand Pavillion purchased through Herb. We also traded for a week in Hawaii next January. I am still skeptical until we complete our visits, but our SA timeshare will have already paid for itself with these two trades.

Herb promptly returned my calls, patiently answered my many questions, and handled the transaction professionally and smoothly. In an industry with a sometimes unsavory reputation, he was a breath of fresh air, and will be missed.

I hope his widow visits this board and sees the high regard many who dealt with Herb had for him.

marion10

Reaction score
Add a me too- Herb was always so pleasant on the phone and handled all our business in an ethical manner.

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we should all send a 'thanks Herb' :) together. Thats what seems to be coming from all these responses to my original question.

Diane

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

I just spoke to Heather Duncan who is Ross Duncan's wife.

Herb has been battling cancer for 2 years she said, and he was tired of the fight.

Just so sad.

Diane

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

I just spoke to Heather Duncan who is Ross Duncan's wife.

Herb has been battling cancer for 2 years she said, and he was tired of the fight.

Just so sad.

New contact email is www.timesharespecials@yahoo.com

Diane

pistonswallace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will also miss Herb~

I, too, will miss Herb. You could always count on him to have such a cheery spirit and go the extra mile to help~no matter what time you called him. He is going to be greatly missed and remembered and only hope to have his outlook on life ~

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought 2 SA weeks from Herb and was very pleased with the transactions. He was always quick to respond to e-mails and I never had any problems getting in touch with him. He was a very nice man and very pleasant to deal with. He will be missed.
Bernie

Rmelnyk

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought my SA from Herb...great transaction...always available...and also had all the asnwers...
Will miss you Herb!
R

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I, too, had an excellent experience buying from Herb. He was patient and kind. RIP.