• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has Anyone Experienced This?

KCI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tonight I called owner services to split a 2 bdrm OP unit into a master and lockoff. The person I spoke with suggested I just shut the door to the lockoff if I didn't want to use it. I explained I probably wanted to trade one half and then was told the unit I had reserved couldn't be locked off because some units at OP can't be locked off. I then explained I had bought a 2 bdrm, lock off unit which I had reserved for Thanksgiving week 2006 and as far as I know I am entitled to split the unit into a master and lockoff. Obviously she was new at the job, asked if I could be put on hold, came back a short time later and said her supvisor had split the unit and gave me the confirmation #'s for both halves of the unit. NOW...this is where it gets good....I asked if she wanted my credit card number to charge for the fee involved and she said, "my supervisor must have waived the fee cause she didn't ask me for a credit card #". SO I now have 2 confirmation #'s but because I didn't pay the fee, are they really mine???? I tried calling back to owner services to speak with someone else but by then it was after 9:00 and they were closed....Anyone ever have this happen...should I just go online and trade these units and hope they are not confiscated by Marriott tomorrow? HELP!!! Linda

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well that call was a real trip Linda. Gave me and my husband a good chuckle.

In December I made a string of reservations which took well over an hour to complete. The next day I didn't have all the confirmations in my inbox so I called. The rep sent me the ones I was missing and when they came I noticed one had an error. So I called to correct it. Some days later I get an email saying I need to call and give a credit card for the lock off fee. I call to see what's up about this, since I had done it the first time around, and found out when the correction was made the credit card no. was wiped out. I tell the rep I have no problem giving her the credit card no. again but since making the initial 8 reservations I'd also like to make some changes and would like them to waive the change fees. I figure change fees are collected to compensate for time and trouble and I've had my share of time and trouble on these reservations so we could just call it even. She gets it approved, I give her the info. She calls me back when the changes have been successfully made.

If it were me I'd call. Honesty is always the best policy even when you have to beat people over the head with it. Who knows, they might even waive it then but it's all on the up and up and you can sleep easy over it.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
The first year we owned at OP, I wanted to lock off our unit, use the master side during the current year and use the studio side for the next year. The locked off the unit and I asked if that was all that had to be done. He told me yes. Keep in mind I told him that I wanted to use the studio unit the NEXT year.

Of course, when I tried to use the LO unit the next year, I was told I should have deposited the unit and exhcanged back into the resort. I explained what had happened and Marriott gave me a studio unit to exchange and all was right with the world as far as I was concerned.

JBRES1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lock out fee

If it was me, I would call them tomorrow and pay the $75.00 fee.
The problems of not paying the fee are not worth the $75.00 savings.
Just think how upset you would be if in 3 or four months when you get that dream trade with this locked off unit and Marriott pulls the unit back due to non payment. Who would you be more upset with , Marriott or yourself.
Jim Breslin

JimC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - AKV, BCV, OKW, VGC; Marriott - Canyon Villas/Shadow Ridge, Cypress Harbour
I agree with Jim's advice. They will probably catch it when they audit their daily activity, but that could take some time to catch up with you.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have also had problems with the associates at owner services this year. seems they must have hired and BARELY TRAINED some new workers who are just NOT ready to be handling reservations.

KCI

TUG Member
Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's input and I'll let you know how the story ends...I called owner services this a.m., explained what happened last night and the female I spoke with said she's take care of me. She then said my reservation for Thanksgiving week had been cancelled in one side of their system and their other side said I had a master confirmed...to make a long story short, she had me on hold for a VERY LONG time and when she came back, she gave me the confirmation numbers and asked for my credit card #. I told her I thought they should waive the fee as it had taken so much of my time and they had fouled up the reservation to begin with but she didn't budge. So I gave her the credit card #, asked if she would email me the confirmations, gave her my new email address (which my online account had but owner services didn't) and I hung up and went to retrieve my emailed confirmations. After an hour I called back to see why I hadn't gotten the confirmations....seems she put .net instead of .com so somewhere in cyberspace are floating 2 confirmations but they corrected the problem and I am in receipt of confirmations. All in all I would say I spent close to 2 hours just trying to lock off a unit. This is the first and hopefully last bad experience I have had with owner services. Linda