• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone ever gotten an email from Marriott for an II exchange?

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
For a recently confirmed exchange to Marriott's Kauai Beach Club, I wanted to see if Marriott will be willingly to send me am email with the room details.

When I ask the II rep about the view and # of bathooms, she was clueless.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you have the Marriott confirmation number and it has been at least an overnight since you received the II confirmation, you can look this up online at Marriott.com. The Marriott confirmation number is the 8 digit number that is on the II confirmation certificate, it usually begins with 8, though it could be 9.

Log on to your Marriott.com account and go to Change/Cancel Reservations. There will be a place where you enter your last name and the confirmation number. Once the reservations comes up, you can view the room details. There should also be a link to e-mail the reservation.

If you call 1-800-MARRIOTT, you can even have them add your Marriott rewards number to the reservation so it will show up in your list of reservation in the Change/Cancel Reservations section of your account.

Edited to Add: It doesn't look like you have to enter your name now to search a confirmation, just the confirmation number. If it hasn't been 24 hours yet from your exchange confirmation. Log in to II and look at your "My History" to get the four or five character Unit Code for the Ko'Olina unit you exchanged in to. Post that code here and someone will know what it is.

Last edited:

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deleted as question already answered.

Last edited:

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have the Marriott confirmation number and it has been at least an overnight since you received the II confirmation, you can look this up online at Marriott.com. The Marriott confirmation number is the 8 digit number that is on the II confirmation certificate, it usually begins with 8, though it could be 9.

Log on to your Marriott.com account and go to Change/Cancel Reservations. There will be a place where you enter your last name and the confirmation number. Once the reservations comes up, you can view the room details. There should also be a link to e-mail the reservation.

If you call 1-800-MARRIOTT, you can even have them add your Marriott rewards number to the reservation so it will show up in your list of reservation in the Change/Cancel Reservations section of your account.

Edited to Add: It doesn't look like you have to enter your name now to search a confirmation, just the confirmation number. If it hasn't been 24 hours yet from your exchange confirmation. Log in to II and look at your "My History" to get the four or five character Unit Code for the Ko'Olina unit you exchanged in to. Post that code here and someone will know what it is.
Thanks, I'll check tonight... But if memory serves me right, I cannot (at least not without a good effort) get our Marriott reward # added to the reservation over the phone because our II acct names (A FAMILY TRUST) do not match our rrward acct's name.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the reservation never made it to our Marriott account.

Here is what the unit number says from II:

Unit: ZZBQ (1 bedroom)

This is for MKW (Marriott's Kauai Beach Club )

Does anyone know what room type is this? and how many bathrooms?

Thanks!

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the reservation never made it to our Marriott account.

Here is what the unit number says from II:

Unit: ZZBQ (1 bedroom)

This is for MKW (Marriott's Kauai Beach Club )

Does anyone know what room type is this? and how many bathrooms?

Thanks!

The way to see the reservation is not to login to your account. Then look up your reservation number. II knows nothing about your MR account so without manual action your reservation will not be added to the list of reservations under your MArriott Rewards number.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score

I was concerned by your comment about not needing a name as well as a reservation number to look up a reservation on Marriott.com since this would be a big security breach. Without a name anyone could simply enter random numbers starting with 8 or 9 and get your reservation and indeed then cancel your booking. So I checked online and you do need a name as well as the reservation number.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I was concerned by your comment about not needing a name as well as a reservation number to look up a reservation on Marriott.com since this would be a big security breach. Without a name anyone could simply enter random numbers starting with 8 or 9 and get your reservation and indeed then cancel your booking. So I checked online and you do need a name as well as the reservation number.

I think if you are logged in to Marriott.com, you don't need to enter a name since it already knows your name. If you are not logged in to Marriott.com, then perhaps a name is required?