• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone done Deposit Restore at RCI? And how late can you deposit a week in II?

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a new timeshare that we've been trying to rent out, without success. We mostly exchange with RCI, and they keep offering Deposit Restore so we could get the full trading value if we pay a fee. Has anyone done this? I think it's $89? And the unit is a lockoff, so it would be $89 x 2? How late can I make the deposit and still get Deposit Restore?

Similarly, in II, how late can I do a deposit? I don't know anything about II and we haven't been members in years and years, so please explain slowly and clearly. :D Thanks!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
RCI Deposit Restore SM Guidelines
1.1. RCI Weeks Members who deposit a Week less than 271 days before the start date of such Week may receive a lower Deposit Trading Power for such Week in accordance with Trading Power Adjustment Schedule. The RCI Deposit Restore product allows RCI Weeks Members to deposit a Week less than 271 days before the start date of such Week (but at least 15 days prior to the start date of such Week) and receive the full Deposit Trading Power for such Week by purchasing the optional RCI Deposit Restore at the time of deposit. RCI Weeks Members whose Weeks are deposited by their resort and who wish to avail themselves of this option must purchase the RCI Deposit Restore product before the end of the next Business Day after receiving notice that the Week has been deposited by the resort into the member’s RCI account.
1.2. In order for an RCI Weeks Member to be eligible for the RCI Deposit Restore benefit, the applicable Weeks Membership must be current and paid in full at the time the RCI Deposit Restore benefit is requested.
1.3. Deposit Restore may be cancelled for a refund before the close of the next Business Day after the date of purchase. Upon cancellation of Deposit Restore the Deposit for which the Deposit Restore product was purchased will receive a Deposit Trading Power based on the date of the Deposit in accordance with the Trading Power Adjustment Schedule.
1.4. RCI in its sole discretion may waive or modify certain of these guidelines for RCI Members who are Platinum Members. Please see the RCI Platinum Membership Tier Rules for additional details.

If you locked off you are making 2 deposits and need to pay times 2. I used it on an unrented new years eve orlando deposit in 2020.

I believe 14 or 15 is the latest with II as well but it would be quite restricted and if you aren't a current II member just getting your account up and going and verified could take 1-3 weeks.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you locked off you are making 2 deposits and need to pay times 2. I used it on an unrented new years eve orlando deposit in 2020.

I believe 14 or 15 is the latest with II as well but it would be quite restricted and if you aren't a current II member just getting your account up and going and verified could take 1-3 weeks.

Thanks! I had an old II account and it still lets me log in and shows me with the two timeshares I used to have. (One is gone now.)

How about, say, 45 or 30 days out in II?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m II, Within 60 days, your deposit is restricted to searching online only, and selecting a unit within 59 days of check-in.
I’m not certain of the latest II will accept a deposit.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Buyers Guide, brochure page 4, paragraph numbered 3:
Deposits must be received by II at least 60 days, but no more than 24 months, before the commencement date of the deposited week. Flex Deposits (received by II from 59 days up until 14 days before the commencement date of the week being deposited) also are accepted, but any exchange request placed using a Flex Deposit must be made through the Flexchange service.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I used to get free Deposit Restore with RCI platinum. If it is still a benefit, it may be worth it to go that route.
Platinum only gets you 6 months instead of 9 months. Anything within 6 months you still have to pay.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think RCI offers the better option with a late deposit. At least they give you the opportunity to receive full TPUs (for the fee). Worth it? Depends if you have a need for the xtra TPUs. I just ran a fake scenario though RCI for a July 5th week. Today, I could restore 4 TPUs on the 1BR and 5TPUs on the 2BR. So, $178 for 9 TPUs. That is about $20 a TPU which is high...but if you need them worth it.

II, if you deposit within 60 days you are stuck in flex and can only exchange within the next 60 days.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I will just try to persuade my daughter to take this week and if she's not persuadable, I will do Deposit Restore at RCI this year and try to figure out II next year.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think RCI offers the better option with a late deposit. At least they give you the opportunity to receive full TPUs (for the fee). Worth it? Depends if you have a need for the xtra TPUs. I just ran a fake scenario though RCI for a July 5th week. Today, I could restore 4 TPUs on the 1BR and 5TPUs on the 2BR. So, $178 for 9 TPUs. That is about $20 a TPU which is high...but if you need them worth it.

II, if you deposit within 60 days you are stuck in flex and can only exchange within the next 60 days.
It worked out well for me. 2020 covid time, I had a 3 BR lock off new Years Orlando. I normally rent and sometimes as late as Thanksgiving and was able to restore from 11 and 10 to 39 and 37.