• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone been approached by Industrial Fund Commodity Firm to broker a deal

SandTimes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa del Palmar
Marriot
Has anyone been called buy this commodity firm? They said they contacted members who had trial weeks and are brokering a deal to buy them.
They open an escrow account with citibanamex (account opening request) and it goes from there. I've had a lawyer and a banker review this and it appears on the up and up so far... they will give villa del palmar first right of refusal and they can buy it back or leave it with the buyer who is collecting these trials as a commodity, some group that just buys and sells things.

Any comments?
Greatly appreciated

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
When there are so many Mexican TSs for FREE on eBay and elsewhere, why do you suppose they'd call you and offer you money? Once the hook is set, they'll want you to pay them something.

Nobody EVER cold calls anyone to give them money.

We have seen these 'deals' for years. Don't waste your breath.

Jim

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Has anyone been called buy this commodity firm? They said they contacted members who had trial weeks and are brokering a deal to buy them.
They open an escrow account with citibanamex (account opening request) and it goes from there. I've had a lawyer and a banker review this and it appears on the up and up so far... they will give villa del palmar first right of refusal and they can buy it back or leave it with the buyer who is collecting these trials as a commodity, some group that just buys and sells things.

Any comments?
Greatly appreciated
You must be joking. A banker and a lawyer looked into it? You need to tell whoever it is to POUND SAND, SandTimes. This is a ridiculous post, and I am very suspicious of anyone who posts something like this on TUG. Every savvy TUG member is thinking, "SHILL!"

SandTimes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa del Palmar
Marriot
You must be joking. A banker and a lawyer looked into it? You need to tell whoever it is to POUND SAND, SandTimes. This is a ridiculous post, and I am very suspicious of anyone who posts something like this on TUG. Every savvy TUG member is thinking, "SHILL!"

Well the banker is a family member and she said the escrow form looked legit. My lawyer (a good friend) said she didn't like the grammar but wasn't familiar with the process that much and to take it to a local lawyer who could read between the lines and decypher jargon. Who should I have look at the offer to purchase and the paperwork then?
I'm just asking for help - I thought that is what this forum is for...

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well the banker is a family member and she said the escrow form looked legit. My lawyer (a good friend) said she didn't like the grammar but wasn't familiar with the process that much and to take it to a local lawyer who could read between the lines and decypher jargon. Who should I have look at the offer to purchase and the paperwork then?
I gave you advice. We see these things often. They are ALL scams designed to take your money. At first they all sound legit. But sooner-or later, they will say something like they need taxes or appraisal or something sent to a Mexican bank account. You will never see it again and there will be no way to contact them.

follow up on this at your peril. Is that enough help?

Jim

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ok then here it is - throw the papers away, delete any electronics communication about it, and to keep your friends 'friends', don't ask them any more about this or advice for anything else.

And if you are seriously thinking this is not a scam, please stop answering the phone/opening mail as you are very susceptible to being taken

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I have been a timeshare owner for 28 years.

Anytime someone calls and wants to buy your timeshare it is a scam.

The sad truth is that these are not anywhere near what you paid originally. An example is that we bought a 2-bedroom Mayan Palace in 1999 for $15,800 and in 2003, I bought one just like it (same amenities, date, MF, bonus weeks) on eBay for $1500 and that included Closing Costs and transfer fees. The original owner got zip.

I have purchased quite a few for $1 - $100 plus closing costs/transfer fees. The best deal we got was for $5.50 INCLUDING closing costs/transfer fees. It was for a 2-bedroom 3 bath unit at a Gold Crown resort.

Do not fall for this.

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

What Cindy says ^^^

The reason why this seems unbelievable is that this is one of the oldest timeshare scams there is. The M.O. behind it is enough to call scam even if you didn’t know it was related to timeshares. No one legit EVER cold calls people and say they want to give them thousands of dollars. Put another way, if a stranger calls someone and tells them that they want to pay $20,000 for their car in the driveway that isn’t for sale (and is only worth $8,000) they would hopefully call scam. This is no different except 98% of Mexican timeshares are only worth $1. The initial advice given by the banker and lawyer was not good advice. I would like to think that once the company asked you to wire funds that the banker and lawyer would then realize the scam.

Another huge red flag. A Google search of Industrial Fund Commodity Firm reveals ZERO hits. They simply don’t exist on the web. Probably because they just created their scam website.

You should show this thread to the banker and lawyer.

Last edited:

SandTimes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa del Palmar
Marriot
I gave you advice. We see these things often. They are ALL scams designed to take your money. At first they all sound legit. But sooner-or later, they will say something like they need taxes or appraisal or something sent to a Mexican bank account. You will never see it again and there will be no way to contact them.

follow up on this at your peril. Is that enough help?

Jim
ahhh yup. Thanks Jim

SandTimes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa del Palmar
Marriot
I have been a timeshare owner for 28 years.

Anytime someone calls and wants to buy your timeshare it is a scam.

The sad truth is that these are not anywhere near what you paid originally. An example is that we bought a 2-bedroom Mayan Palace in 1999 for $15,800 and in 2003, I bought one just like it (same amenities, date, MF, bonus weeks) on eBay for $1500 and that included Closing Costs and transfer fees. The original owner got zip.

I have purchased quite a few for $1 9 $100 plus closing costs/transfer fees. The best deal we got was for $5.50 INCLUDING closing costs/transfer fees. It was for a 2-bedroom 3 bath unit at a Gold Crown resort.

Do not fall for this.
Thanks Cindy. The odd thing is how we convince ourselves that this is different somehow. We know many people who get good use and know how to use time shares... its unfortunate there is so much of THIS going on around travel and vacations.
Cheers

SandTimes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa del Palmar
Marriot
When there are so many Mexican TSs for FREE on eBay and elsewhere, why do you suppose they'd call you and offer you money? Once the hook is set, they'll want you to pay them something.

Nobody EVER cold calls anyone to give them money.

We have seen these 'deals' for years. Don't waste your breath.

Jim
I didn't know there were time shares out there for sale like that... Thanks for the advice.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...ervice-escrow-holding-management-scam.282366/

This fellow came to Tug to let everyone know that there are scammers out there. Most Tug members already know that, but the humility of this gentlemen is striking. No one from this forum will "forbid" you from doing business with those you choose, but you WILL be asked to wire money to Mexico and it will disappear. Good luck.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't know there were time shares out there for sale like that... Thanks for the advice.
I have a hunch there are other uses of your timeshares you haven't considered. We'd love to have you as a member here. It might be the best $15 you ever spent on your vacations. And the advice is free.

Jim

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Any comments?
Greatly appreciated

RUN as quickly as you can......

With all the many postings above mine need I say more?

SandTimes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa del Palmar
Marriot
I have a hunch there are other uses of your timeshares you haven't considered. We'd love to have you as a member here. It might be the best $15 you ever spent on your vacations. And the advice is free.

Jim

I know we don’t get full use of our TS. We own with Marriott and every time we go to our meeting we understand things perfectly...then when the fees need to be paid we wonder what we have. My mother and I feel foolish all over again. Mom always say,”I don’t know why we ever bought this!” As the fees just go up and it’s confusing. It’s taken us both years to understand what we have lol! Of course we love it when we are on vacation!
What forum do you run?