• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone been able to book at their home resort since the changes?

fishingguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just tried to book at my home resort, using the Home Resort option in the right tab shown on the search page. I tried Safari, FireFox, and Chrome from my Macs; and IE and FireFox on the PCs -- all kept coming back with the same error messages when I get all the way to the end: "If the problem continues to contact the Call Center; followed by an error id..."

Has anyone else been able to book at your home resort from their points account, since the latest RCI changes? Please let me know if you've been recently successful.

Oh yeah, Thanks RCI!!! :mad:

Last edited:

fishingguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I ended up calling RCI (it only took 45 minutes)

I ended up calling RCI WebSupport, after numerous attempts at booking my home resort over the past few days. The service rep indicated that they continue to have on-going problems with their website; specifically in booking home, home resort and home group exchanges.

As it turned out, the available inventory I saw on my end was not correct -- there were fewer units that could be booked [some phantoms?], and the point values required to book were higher as well. So I had the Web Support Rep book a unit for $50 exchange fee, and my account was credited $10 because I was not able to book online.

I just thought I'd pass the info along to other TUGgers. Still :mad:

wptamo

Reaction score
Hiya,

I posted this before in another thread but it is still bugging me....
Before the upgrade I use to be able to see my original 2 TS as Home Resort, they are points. I called and was told that they are "Pure Points" and therefore do not qualify for a Home Resort. !?!?!? But I was able to see them prior?!?!

The one resort, HHI Island Links, is supposed to allow members of pure points to see their weeks, but I'm told no weeks have been deposited... The time frame I was looking at for reference is Oct 2013 (1 year out).

Perhaps as the RCI told me, the weeks just have not been deposited...

But the cynical side of me says, hey maybe this is some genius MBA's way of ensuring guys like me do not get the discounted exchange and have to go thru Home Group and pay the premium exchange...

I dunno...

The statement from RCI:

The reason why only XXXX comes up on this particular account is because there are actually 3 contracts. The first two, #YYYY and #ZZZZ, are pure points and, therefore, do not qualify for a Home Week or Home Resort reservation.

Again.. I use to have visibility prior to the change over to all 3, now I only see the one.

I am trying to contact the two resorts... this may take awhile to get to speak with someone...

frustrating...

Paul