• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has any one used Timeshare Termination Team?

JRB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Colorado on Peak 8, Sheraton Steamboat
I've just started talking to them.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Be prepared. Sooner or later they will ask you for money. Your money in exchange for their very vague and impossible-to-guarantee promise.

Remember, a legitimate broker is paid out of the sale proceeds, not upfront.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are a timeshare exit group who have a good rating with BBB and a number of endorsements from "satisfied" customers. Real or imagined, that is what shows up on the internet and their website. What doesn't show up is HOW they expect to get someone out of their timeshare, or what it will cost. This circumstance reminds me of "Resort Release" that was highly rated on BBB and had a slew of positive reviews. This was a number of years ago. Within 2 years, they declared chapter 11 bankruptcy and lost their rating with BBB. Why? because they offered a "money back" guarantee that they couldn't afford to pay. Look THEM up.

Since "Timeshare Termination Team" has no lawyers, I would ask them about HOW they intend to get you out of the timeshare. Plus, how much it will cost. Plus how long it will take. Most IMPORTANT.... Do they have any problem with you placing your fee with a registered escrow agent of YOUR choosing? Chances are pretty much no. They live off money upfront. Proceed at your own risk.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There is no magic bullet or secret sauce that these exit firms have that will get someone out of their timeshare. The most they will ever do is anything that you can do yourself. They will contact the resort to take back the deed. You can do that yourself.

They will put the unit up for sale. You can do that yourself. (TUG has the best advice and help anywhere for getting you started down that pathway,)

They will tell you to stop paying your annual fees. If one of the first two options doesn't work, that means that the resort will foreclose on the report, and put a default notice in your credit files - damaging your credit. Along the way they might also turn your account over to a debt collector. If that's an acceptable outcome for you, again you can do that yourself. But what often happens is that people don't want that outcome, they engage the exit firm, and then wind up in default with a credit rating hit.

So as you can see, these firms don't do anything you can't do yourself. But they will gladly take thousands of dollars from you to do these things you can do yourself.

There is a current thread regarding Timeshare Exit Team, which is being sued by the Washington Attorney General. They offered a "Money Back" guarantee - if they don't end your timeshare ownership you get your money back. What they didn't tell people was that since foreclosure means you don't own the timeshare, then foreclosure meant they had accomplished what they had been hired to do - no money back.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
A couple of quick thoughts.

Timeshare Exit Team, a similar company, was well thought of with many great reviews and the backing of Dave Ramsey. Now, they are being sued by the Attorney General. In their relative short existence, they have accumulated 645 mostly glowing reviews at the BBB. In contrast, the combined review totals for Ford, GM, Toyota, and Honda is less than half that amount. Makes you wonder how they have so many reviews.

The Timeshare Termination Team, in business for only a couple of years, has 18 glowing reviews at the BBB. Jiffy Lube, which has been around for decades, has 2 BBB reviews. Again, just saying.

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if any of these companies rent out the Weeks and pocket the money while the Weeks are under their control and current on MFs...

George

giapet27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fishermen's Village
HI JRB, Any luck? I'm curious. We have a call with them tomorrow. I'm not hopeful, but it's free to talk to them.

Reaction score
HI JRB, Any luck? I'm curious. We have a call with them tomorrow. I'm not hopeful, but it's free to talk to them.
Well, your hopes are way too high. 100% of timeshare exit companies are frauds. I have a feeling all the positive reviews are "plants", either employees or paid actors. Unlike Amazon, who shows you whether the reviewer actually bought the product, the BBB does not have that luxury.

TS

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

If you meet with them they will stretch the truth and give you outright lies because they will want your thousands of dollars on the spot before you can really think it through.

From your prior posts you have a RTU in Mexico. You don’t own any property (not deeded). Your maintenance fee is only for the right to continue using the property. Stop paying and they take away your right to use it. Doesn’t cost you a dime.

BTW, the OP was new to TUG but hasn’t been around since May so they likely won’t reply.

Also, directed generally to the OP, not you, I will never understand those that come to TUG asking about whether or not they should pay thousands of dollars upfront to a relatively new company when TUG is full of resources on how to do it themselves. The OP had just the one post and hasn’t been back in months. They never asked for more advice or even tried to give away their timeshare for free on TUG. We will likely never know what happened to the OP.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

giapet27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fishermen's Village
They felt totally fishy on the call - said they had 100% success rate and 100% money back guarantee to get you out of your contract, (but up to two years to get people out of their contracts) They came way down on their price and wanted a LOT of money (several thousand), even after their "discount". They used to be Vindaloo Travel, if anyone has heard of them by their former name. Needless to say, I didn't give them my CC #.

Reactions: RX8

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
They felt totally fishy on the call - said they had 100% success rate and 100% money back guarantee to get you out of your contract, (but up to two years to get people out of their contracts) They came way down on their price and wanted a LOT of money (several thousand), even after their "discount". They used to be Vindaloo Travel, if anyone has heard of them by their former name. Needless to say, I didn't give them my CC #.

Smart move. You just saved yourself from giving the scammers a free $2,000 Christmas Gift. Heck, they would have taken $100 from you if that's what you told them you would have payed them.

If they contact you again be sure to tell these scammers to go out and get themselves a real job and stop stealing money from Timeshare owners.

.:cheer::banana::hi::wave:

Reactions: RX8

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
And they are OUT OF BUSINESS. Taking thousands of money upfront right up to the day they locked the doors should be a crime. Those glowing reviews (suspect) and money back guarantees are worthless now. Wonder how many millions of dollars they collected for still owned timeshares before they went out of business.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Man, did they do a media blitz on morning news shows.