• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harbour Town Yacht Club

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Does anyone have any knowledge of Harbour Town Yacht Club? We booked a week there using an II AC in December. We will have already been ato Barony and Grand Ocean, so we just added this on to our existing trip. Wondering what the quality of the villas is like. Close or comparable to Marriott, if not, are they bad? Do they offer free in room internet/WiFi? I can't find any information on this resort except for a couple threads back from 2010 and 2011 that went unanswered or where no one had any first hand knowledge. No TUG reviews or resort page either. We will likely call the resort during the day. We can cancel the AC inside of 24 hours if it doesn't seem up to snuff.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked TripAdvisor for their current reviews & comments. Reviews were great and their photos of the resorts looks very good. The resort seem up to snuff to me.
Please check their website, Facebook and TripAdvisor. IMHO.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I checked TripAdvisor for their current reviews & comments. Reviews were great and their photos of the resorts looks very good. The resort seem up to snuff to me.
Please check their website, Facebook and TripAdvisor. IMHO.
Can you provide a link to their reviews on Trip Advisor? We had a hard time finding them for this property.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
PHOTOS:

Facebook link:

Membership (from a real estate ad):
"The ultimate in island living is within your reach! For over 30 years, the Harbour Town Yacht Club has been the preferred Hilton Head destination for a gracious, luxurious, and relaxing island experience. With a choice of studios, suites, and private villas, the Harbour Town Yacht Club offers comfortable lodging for any size family.
Let the excellent Member Services staff help you to take advantage of the many activities the yacht club has to offer – golf, tennis, biking, and even horseback riding. Join the knowledgeable guides at Lawton Stables for a guided trail ride through Sea Pines Forest Preserve, or simply visit their animal farm for a day of fun. For an authentic taste of waterfront lifestyle, take a cruise on the club’s historic, 42’ mahogany yacht, the Mystique. If you prefer to take island life at a slower pace, the Sea Pines Beach Club awaits you with its pristine shoreline, perfect for a day of sunbathing. At Harbour Town Yacht Club, each day is filled with possibility."
Additional Details
  • Annual Usage: 28 Days
  • Annual Fees: $4,620

Random articles with pics:
1. https://htyc.com/

INTERVAL INTL info:

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks Marty. Do you have the right link for that Random article with pics? That link just comes back to this thread.

• Wow
Reactions: jme

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My recollection is that Harbour Town Yacht Club includes a number of older Independents within Sea Pines Plantation. I used to own two weeks at Raquet Club which I think is included in the group. If I am right, I would characterize this group as more than adequate and well located but definitely not Marriott quality. Would I stay there again? Sure, or I wouldn't have owned there...

George

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
HYC is listed under Interval International as a Premier Resort. The Raquet Club is not listed as a Premier Resort. So their much be a difference in the rating with II in my opinion.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
My recollection is that Harbour Town Yacht Club includes a number of older Independents within Sea Pines Plantation. I used to own two weeks at Raquet Club which I think is included in the group. If I am right, I would characterize this group as more than adequate and well located but definitely not Marriott quality. Would I stay there again? Sure, or I wouldn't have owned there...

George
I called the property this morning. I got the impression that they are on their own and not part of a network. They are located directly on the harbour in Harbour Town. They do have complimentary WiFi, which was our biggest concern. The 2BR unit we are confirmed into doesn't have a full kitchen. No stovetop and no oven. Just a microwave and refrigerator. Also no in room laundry. We decided to keep our confirmed week and see how it goes.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I always thought they were in that circle in Harbor town where all the yachts are parked. Usually I only see off season studios. Maybe it was a covid cancellation and deposit. The probably want members to eat at the club house rather than cooking in the unit.
https://www.redweek.com/resort/P5311-harbour-town-yacht-club

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I always thought they were in that circle in Harbor town where all the yachts are parked. Usually I only see off season studios. Maybe it was a covid cancellation and deposit. The probably want members to eat at the club house rather than cooking in the unit.
https://www.redweek.com/resort/P5311-harbour-town-yacht-club
From what I was told, there is no onsite restaurant. They do dinners in the restaurant but apparently that is only a few times a week. They do have a bar, perhaps they offer light snacks in there too. I don't know how they do the dinners. The do offer dinners in the dining room but they are only open to members right now due to COVID.

There are still additional units out there, I posted them in the Random AC thread in the Sightings forum.

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just Googled the Harbour Town Yacht Club and checked out their website. Clearly I was wrong in my previous posts. It is not part of the group RCI used to call something similar. Sorry for the misdirection...

George

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the property this morning. I got the impression that they are on their own and not part of a network. They are located directly on the harbour in Harbour Town. They do have complimentary WiFi, which was our biggest concern. The 2BR unit we are confirmed into doesn't have a full kitchen. No stovetop and no oven. Just a microwave and refrigerator. Also no in room laundry. We decided to keep our confirmed week and see how it goes.
Please let us know about your vacation stay. Their villas looks large from the outside.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
From what I was told, there is no onsite restaurant. They do dinners in the restaurant but apparently that is only a few times a week. They do have a bar, perhaps they offer light snacks in there too. I don't know how they do the dinners. The do offer dinners in the dining room but they are only open to members right now due to COVID.

There are still additional units out there, I posted them in the Random AC thread in the Sightings forum.

Two things.
1. I fixed that "random article" entry in my post above....thanks! I clicked on & posted the wrong link, but it's OK now.
2. When we were there last year visiting for 2-3 hours as guests of a member, there was definitely a restaurant
(or at least a large seating area for dining, as in a restaurant), just off the bar area...they were essentially in one and the same large space.
I don't know whether they had a kitchen adjoined, but I assumed so, but could be wrong.
But they get the food from somewhere, and the menu was quite good.
Members were dining, seemed like about 15 tables or more. We opted not to dine there, however, as we had other plans.
That could have changed for some reason this year, but in 2019 we were told about the restaurant prior to visiting, and then we saw it.

And also, from a post above from someone, the actual location of the villas, bar & restaurant, etc is directly over the shops,
about midway between Crazy Crab and the Lighthouse. Entrance is gained by a door somewhere in that breezeway connecting
the front of the shops to the parking lot behind the buildings.
(For example, Cinnamon Bear General Store's entrance is also in one of those breezeways.)
The Rooftop lookout is also on the same level as bar & restaurant, but inside. The rooftop looks straight across the harbor
to the private condos on the other side, and to the Lighthouse & channel on the right (Lighthouse is on the same side as the shops).

EDIT & UPDATE:
I called the HTYC and got some more specific information.
The building has 4 floors, with the bar/dining area/rooftop deck on the 4th level.
On the 3rd level there is a full "commercial" kitchen where the food is prepared, then taken up one floor to the dining area members.
It functions as a restaurant, essentially, but is different in that they do not have the typical "days open" and fixed menus.
The dinners are offered on random week nights only, totally different each week, and not on a rigid schedule.
It's a pretty unique arrangement, but seems to work because the membership enjoys it tremendously.
I recently discovered that I have several hometown friends and acquaintances who have been members for many years.
Who knew?

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Two things.
1. I fixed that "random article" entry in my post above....thanks! I clicked on & posted the wrong link, but it's OK now.
2. When we were there last year visiting for 2-3 hours as guests of a member, there was definitely a restaurant
(or at least a large seating area for dining, as in a restaurant), just off the bar area...they were essentially in one and the same large space.
I don't know whether they had a kitchen adjoined, but I assumed so, but could be wrong.
But they get the food from somewhere, and the menu was quite good.
Members were dining, seemed like about 15 tables or more. We opted not to dine there, however, as we had other plans.
That could have changed for some reason this year, but in 2019 we were told about the restaurant prior to visiting, and then we saw it.

And also, from a post above from someone, the actual location of the villas, bar & restaurant, etc is directly over the shops,
about midway between Crazy Crab and the Lighthouse. Entrance is gained by a door somewhere in that breezeway connecting
the front of the shops to the parking lot behind the buildings.
(For example, Cinnamon Bear General Store's entrance is also in one of those breezeways.)
The Rooftop lookout is also on the same level as bar & restaurant, but inside. The rooftop looks straight across the harbor
to the private condos on the other side, and to the Lighthouse & channel on the right (Lighthouse is on the same side as the shops).

EDIT & UPDATE:
I called the HTYC and got some more specific information.
The building has 4 floors, with the bar/dining area/rooftop deck on the 4th level.
On the 3rd level there is a full "commercial" kitchen where the food is prepared, then taken up one floor to the dining area members.
It functions as a restaurant, essentially, but is different in that they do not have the typical "days open" and fixed menus.
The dinners are offered on random week nights only, totally different each week, and not on a rigid schedule.
It's a pretty unique arrangement, but seems to work because the membership enjoys it tremendously.
I recently discovered that I have several hometown friends and acquaintances who have been members for many years.
Who knew?
Marty, Also based on that link you updated, it looks like they do a lot of functions in that space. Perhaps weddings based on the photos and reviews. Great information. They were very informative when I spoke to them on the phone yesterday. How you describe the restaurant was kind of my take away, I just didn't communicate it correctly here.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Marty, Also based on that link you updated, it looks like they do a lot of functions in that space. Perhaps weddings based on the photos and reviews. Great information. They were very informative when I spoke to them on the phone yesterday. How you describe the restaurant was kind of my take away, I just didn't communicate it correctly here.

But your description was accurate and actually gave me the same info which I simply restated, so you were spot on.
Strange how a place like that can exist for so many years and I had no clue.
Definitely gives one the opportunity to experience Harbour Town in a new way.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I wonder why they deposit weeks in to Interval International? Based on the newsletter, they seem to have a robust resale program but I don't think they have any active sales office. The property looks to be at least 30 years old.