• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harbour Point in Hilton Head

sseligson

Reaction score
Spoke to a Mariott rep today. They have for sale Harbour Pointe in Hilton Head S.C. A red week sport season 2 bedroom every year for $5,500. How can it be that cheap?

Is this a decent place?

What abot tradeability?

I had called Mariott becuase I was talking to a guy throght ebay selling a horizons in Orlando uint every other year for $4,800 and was curious to see what they sold for new. The new ones were 10K for every other year you get the points too though.

Then in my conversation she told me about the Harbor Pointe. Where I can get ever year for less money. The catch... no points. She told me that the "sport" week in Hilton Head is more tradable than the platinum at Horizons orlando. Any comments please?

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The resort is nice enough, on Shelter Cove Marina near good shopping and some restaurants. Not ocean front.

I know that it trades well during the summer months.

What weeks are we talking about here? In looking at the calendar for this resort, it doesn't show Sport Season. It just shows fixed weeks.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
It's not waterfront,doesn't have multi pools but you can get into Marriott and HHI with a tighter budget rather than 13-30K. Shoulder and summer weeks at HP are 6-8K.

If you prefer oceanfront wait for a resale Barony or GO deal and buy gold or platinum,these units have queen beds in the 2nd bd.

Harbor Pointe is being refurbished this year so make sure the $425 2006 special assessment has been paid.

I own week 9 ,the first red week,and have traded for May,June,July weeks back into HP,Grande Ocean,Barony,Harbour Club. We recently started going in the fall.

It is mid island,nice short walk to the Shelter Cove Marina. The cove is lovely and the staff at HP is very nice,there are lots of activities,a small pool, gym ,tennis courts, bike rentals onsite and a small marketplace deli.

HP has 4 different size units A-D with D being the smallest about 900 sq ft. There are twin beds in the 2nd bd. These are fixed weeks.

The only time we traded outside Marriott was to Harborside Atlantis last May. I would say that's pretty good.

Remember location is key and HHI is only so big therefore more desirable. I bought sight unseen 7 years ago. We love HH and Marriott.

sseligson

Reaction score
Sport week = 13-23 and 35-43. This is for a D unit. for $5,500

they have a green week for $2,500!!!

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I saw a Horizion in Orlando every year $5000. Don't know where. Don't know trade differences. It might have been on e bay....a buy it now.

If you check www.Holidaygroup.com and enter marriott in the search, several units may come up.

Many have Marriott Every years for less than $5000. I thinkI saw Glenn with a Monarch red week for less.....but this time had to be lite lite pink.

I might consider the Marriott offer, however. I would like the contract to somehow state if Marriott stops management there, they will -maybe-repurchase it back. I don't know if this was one of the Saturday Villas Marriott managed when they got into T/S business. Many on HHI are no longer Marriott Managed.

Last edited:

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a good/fair price. The weather is very good during both the spring and fall. Week 13 and later will include Easter some years.

sseligson said:
Sport week = 13-23 and 35-43. This is for a D unit. for $5,500

they have a green week for $2,500!!!

lweverett

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All Harbour Point weeks are fixed, so a week 20-23 or 35-38 may be worth more than an earlier or later week. As far as trading, II makes no distinction on unit size, they all trade the same. My week 20 D unit is always offered an A/C. Fixed units can be traded 18 months out. Marriott seems to place a value on ether the points or the float feature since they price Sunset Point weeks significantly higher. If you like Hilton Head like I do, the buy in is cheaper, the maintenance fee is lower, and for $79.00 you can trade for the oceanfront resorts. I've gone to HH every year for the last ten and only stayed at H/P once, and it is not a bad resort.

jillk

TUG Member
Reaction score
pcgirl54 said:
"Harbor Pointe is being refurbished this year so make sure the $425 2006 special assessment has been paid."

What type of refurbishing are they doing at Harbor Pointe? We're going there in April.

lweverett

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of the money is going to exterior work and a sprinkler system - some new upholstered furniture inside.

AMJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen pictures of the refurbished units at Sunset Pointe, and they are beautiful. Are the units at Harbour Pointe expected to be similar once they have been refurbished? Are the units also going to have granite countertops as well?

Joyce

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
HP Upgrade

Unit fascade and sprinklers by March 2006. There is a new mini Marketplace Deli with the bottomless Starbucks Coffee and Pepsi. March 2006 there will be vacation starter packs in the units. Dine and Sign with Ocean Grill at Shelter Cove. Wifi access entire property. Seasonal transportation from HP to Palmetto Dunes Beach.

In addition,the units will have kitchen cabinet refacing,granite countertops,new entry floor tiles,new carpet,painted walls,new living room and dining room furniture,new bedding and soft goods furnishings between Dec 06- April 07. Getting rid of the full wall mirrors and adding framed mirrors.

I am pleased to let members know that my resort is upgrading these items.

Last edited:

AMJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
pcgirl54,

Thanks for the information.

Joyce

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
IMO, that is too much for a D non prime week. If you try hard enough, you should likely be able to get a summer week in a D unit for close to that. Unit type doesn't matter for trading but it sure does for renting, using or selling later.

AMJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exchange power of Harbour Pointe

How would a Harbour Pointe week 26 trade for other Marriott resorts and those outside of Marriott?

Joyce

Tony2

TUG Member
Reaction score
AMJ said:
How would a Harbour Pointe week 26 trade for other Marriott resorts and those outside of Marriott?

Joyce

I used to own a week 26 at HP and it traded very well. Check out the TUG, I.I. trade tests from 3-4 years ago and you'll see that my HP week 26 was a top trader.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
AMJ said:

Joyce
I agree it will trade very well overall however, since II puts such emphasis on resort quality, there is a ceiling to what you can get. I'd encourage alost anyone to buy a summer week at HH for trading (if the price were right). However, I think that one who wants top resort during peak times will likely be disappointed. But considering those are hard weeks to get even with a top notch trader (great week and resort quality), I think that's a minor negative.

AMJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dean and Tony2.
Joyce