• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harbour Club Activities?

jjluhman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received an exchange into Harbour Club. I have been reading reviews and some of them state that Harbour Club has activities, and others state that they do not. Some mention that the activities are held at Monarch. Has anyone been there recently or does anyone own there and know what the status of activities are?

We like the location, and the resort looks nice, but we will have several children with us who like to participate in activities.

Thanks!

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
There are very few activites physically at Harbour Club. The activities list you get at Harbour Club will list activities at Harbour Club, Heritage Club, and Monarch. Most of the activities will be at Monarch.

Harbour Club has their own orientation meting which is actually quite good. Of course they will try to get you to attend a timeshare presentation at one of the other Marriott resorts in Hilton Head but it is low pressure.

You can rent bikes directly at Harbour Club and they may have a couple more activities onsite. I did not find it to be much of an issue to go to Monarch for some activities but you will have to drive or bike over.

I love this resort even though it is not on the beach. You do have a nice water view of the Calibogue Sound. HarbourTown is just across the street with a large playground (your children will love this playground if they are under 10), shops, restaurants, and marina.

jjluhman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Henry!

Yep, all kids under 10. We are taking our bikes with us.

Will we be allowed to go to the beach at Monarch as well?

DB-Wis

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Henry -- Harbour Club is a gem. It doesn't offer the kid activities you'll find at the larger Marriott properties, but I think you and your small kids will like the setting.

Not sure about using the beach at Monarch We used a public beach just north of the Monarch property -- an easy bike ride from Harbour Club.

Last edited:

lweverett

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a beach club right next to Monarch that is open to the public. It has a large parking lot or you can easily bike over and it has short order food service and restrooms. There is also a "South Beach" for anyone on the plantation.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
Thank you Henry!

Yep, all kids under 10. We are taking our bikes with us.

Will we be allowed to go to the beach at Monarch as well?

The beaches are public (though in some areas on island you won't find beach access) so no issue using the beach at the Monarch; and staying at Harbour Club allows you to use all the facilities at Monarch also. I used the gym at Monarch on several occassions when I stayed at Harbour Club as well as other amenities. I don't remember if there is an issue with parking at Monarch if you have a car. You can ask or just show your Harbour Club parking pass when parked at Monarch.

jjluhman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all! You have made me feel better about not having a beachfront unit with little ones. :whoopie:

Now we just have to work on the 3 year old's bike riding skills!:ponder: