• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside

Robotpedlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Verizon’s $10 / day travel pass option limits high speed data to .5gb, then it throttles WAY DOWN. They still call it unlimited, but you will feel the limit. Not sure if ATT has the same “fake unlimited”.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
The major difference between ATT/Verizon/TMobile international Plans at $10 a day and Aliv and pocketWifiBahamas is the ability to share internet access with up to 5 devices. Just something to keep in mind.

Jang

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got back from Harborside last week, had a great trip. We used the Wi-fi in the lobby at Harborside and it was fine. There is supposed to be complimentary Wi-fi in all the lobbies, but we couldn't get connected when we were in the lobby at the Coral tower, which is where we did our Covid tests to return home. You do need to be able to pull up the QR code you get when you make your appointment, so i would recommend taking screen shots. It makes it faster. We used Sandra's taxi service to and from the airport, they were great, on time, and friendly. Highly recommend!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Verizon’s $10 / day travel pass option limits high speed data to .5gb, then it throttles WAY DOWN. They still call it unlimited, but you will feel the limit. Not sure if ATT has the same “fake unlimited”.

The AT&T International plan for $10/day plus $5/day for an additional phone uses the data plan, and its terms, attached to the phone. In our case we have the Unlimited Elite Plan which does not throttle the speed until 100GB of data usage.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I do not really care about WIFI. I have worked non stop for the past year and half and I have promised myself not to bring my laptop.(I’ll bring my work phone…)

also I am going to order the Binax self covid test compatible with United. But I have to hope I have a good wifi for this…I have TMobile so hoping that the signal is good using the 50$ global plan.
Are you talking about using binax for your return test? Just pay the 20 bucks and get the rapid test at the Atlantis. Results back within an hour

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Chatted with Aliv customer support from www.bealiv.com. Here is the snapshot:
- Need to buy a SIM in a physical store in Bahamas for $50. They don't sell online (except from private seller in ebay).
- The SIM comes with a Prepaid plan called Freedom12 goods for 7 days with 2.5GB/100txt/100min.
- If you need more data/txt/min, you can add other prepaid plan such as the Freedom35 (7 days/unlimited data/txt/min) for $35 extra.
- Tethering is allowed and not limited to number of devices. But fair use policy is in place to prevent abuse.
- Total about $85 for 7 days unlimited plan.

Checked the pocketwifibahamas.com online store. Here is the snapshot:
- A device (some cell phone) is provided as rental $5.99/day rent (mandatory, can't just ask for a sim card to avoid the rental fee)
- Ready to use once arrived
- Connect up to 5 devices
- Add a plan such as the 7 days unlimited data/txt/min plan for $39.99
- Two way USPS shipping for $9.99 (delivery and return of the rental phone)
- Rental phone will be delivered approximate two days before the start of the rental period from 1st bullet.
- Rental phone much be postmarked two business day or less after the rental end day according to the rental period from 1st bullet or additional charge may apply.
- Total about $92 for 7 days unlimited plan.

Either one is still way better than the Harborside wifi plan especially when it is so unreliable and slow. I probably go with the pocketwifibahamas to save me from hunting down a sim card and going thru the activation process. If anything went wrong, cellphone company's support is never a satisfying experience.

Thanks again from all the lead provided regarding internet service at the Atlantis.
Thanks for this info. 5 devices for $92 is great. I have Sky Roam but it doesn’t cover the Bahamas.

abcmanzer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up about Skyroam. I just rented a unit understanding they were providing coverage in Bahamas. Even representative I talked to said they did, at first. Now need a backup WiFi plan for trip starting Saturday.

Where can I get an aliv SIM card?

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Thanks for the heads up about Skyroam. I just rented a unit understanding they were providing coverage in Bahamas. Even representative I talked to said they did, at first. Now need a backup WiFi plan for trip starting Saturday.
I have had Sky Roam for 6-7 years. When I started they covered 100 countries and when I checked this week, they are up to 130. But still no Bahamas.

keepgoing

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Where can I get an aliv SIM card?
According to Aliv, here is the location of their retail stores in Bahamas. Store Locator - ALIV (bealiv.com) , but this may be only the stores they owned/franchised.
They don't have a location in the Airport, but other retailer might carry their sim card. You can look for kiosk or convenient store in the airport first. Then try a supermarket if you planned to stop by for food, or asked the taxi driver. Good luck for your trip and have fun.