• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside on eBay

rickdl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been really thinking of bidding on this but have decided not to... but wanted to point it out to others

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280287608338

Looks like a 2 bedroom lockout, 81000 staroptions..true it's only silver but still.. the auction's almost over and I think it's going to go for a steal. The seller's even 'eating' most of the closing fees.

Only thing I don't like about owning harborside directly is the maintenance fees.. They are so high. Better to own a different SVN and just trade-into harborside with staroptions.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take a close look as well. You are being billed for THIS year's maint. fees despite usage not starting until NEXT year. That's about $2200 for nothing...kinda detracts from the "deal." In this economy I wouldn't want to saddle myself with the highest maint. fees in all of SVN for a silver week.

charford

TUG Member
Reaction score
The fine print says that the 2008 MF's have not been paid and will be the responsibility of the buyer. So, add another $2200 or so to the bid price in addition to 2009 maintenance fees and closing costs.

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is only one reason to purchase silver season at this resort. That is because you plan to be there during the limited weeks that are available in this season. The maintenance fees are too high in my opinion to own a silver season week anyway.

Can't be too hard to trade in through II to silver season.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dropped a bid on this auction. But, I didn't win.

With the hazy ad, the high annual maintenance fees and the unpaid 2008 maintenance fees, it was only worth less than it went for, IMO.

I don't think this is sour grapes (I already own a Platinum 3br at HRA). I wasn't even sure both sides of a 2br lockoff were for sale. The ad said Unit 1716 was for sale. The lockoff is 1716 and 1717 in the Phase I map in the TUG stickies. Plus, after listing the annual MF for the 2br lockoff, the ad had a footnote indicating the MF on a 1br. That 1br would only get you 44K staroptions. (And, what about the special assessment for Phase I? Was it paid?)

Still, if the person running the ad didn't know much about HRA (he didn't seem to know about having to use a Bahamian attorney for getting the deed recorded and the costs that entailed), it could have been a Phase I 2br unit for the fixed week of Veteran's Day with a sunset view across the marina's channel. Too many possible questions, though.

I asked the questions, the person running the ad never responded, so I felt it was only worth a really nominal bid. If I missed out on something good, so be it. ... eom :confused:

rickdl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had PMed (messaged) the seller two times over the past week and he had replied both times.

He replied to confirm that yes, the 2008 maint fees were never paid so yes you'd have to pay 2008 maint fees on closing of the ebay purchase, and then 2009 maint fees later on before using the unit.

He also confirmed that it is a 2BR lockout unit, with $2300 or so being the yearly maint fees (cant remember the exact amount but it was in the PM) (so it's 81000 star options)

He also confirmed that yes, he was going to "eat" part of the legal closing costs himself. To me that partially offset the fact that I'd be paying 2008 maint costs still.

I know what everyone is saying about it being a silver week. But still this is the cheapest I've ever seen a Harborside silver 2br sell for on ebay ever. I have no problem with enjoying Atlantis in October/November, that's why I was thinking of bidding on it. But didn't.. partially because I don't have spare cash right now, and don't want to dip into savings/credit to complete a purchase with the economy the way it is right now.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Closing costs will be $1900-$2500 depending on what company you use. The closing company I used was inexpensive and very fast, closed in less then a month. So if you do find a resale, pm me and I'll forward you there contact information.

mkfisher

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did get a response from the seller. They had claimed they were simply selling it for a friend and knew little else beyond the posting information. It sounded like there may even have been some lein activity behind the scenes....bees nest I think.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Just curious that the poster above mentioned an assessment for renovations for phase 1--it was my understanding that there was no assessment for the renovations and that they were being covered by the reserves--anyone have any other info on this?