• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside closed Thru [JULY.]

tynian16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has the Prime Minister extended the requirement for a negative Covid 19 test to enter the country? I last heard the requirement ended July1st.

Everyone now needs to provide a negative test for the foreseeable future.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Guidelines as of July 1st from the Tourism Board - www.bahamas.com/sites/default/files/tourism_readiness_recovery_plan_phase2.pdf

PRIOR TO ARRIVAL:
� All travellers will be required to submit an electronic health visa (details to follow).
� COVID-19 PCR Swab Test with a Negative Result, must be presented upon arrival • Taken within 10 days of travel date • Children under the age of two not required to have the test
� NO quarantine required

ONGOING PRACTICE OF:
� Physical distancing measures (3 ft-6 ft)
� Regular handwashing
� Wearing PPE such as face masks when appropriate

DO NOT TRAVEL WHEN YOU FEEL ILL

AIR & SEA TRAVEL:
� Wear a face mask: • Entering & transiting air and sea terminals • Security & customs screening • Baggage claim • Check in & boarding
� More distance between gates at terminals
� Hold and scan own boarding passes or mobile devices
� Temperature screenings for incoming passengers • Travelers showing symptoms of COVID-19 may be transferred to an on-site quarantine area for further evaluation
� Follow physical distancing directions
� More time for boarding & exiting

MONITOR BUSINESS WEBSITES* FOR CHANGES IN PROTOCOLS *(airlines, hotels, attractions, etc.

TAXIS
Passengers to wear masks at all times throughout journey
Passengers should not ride in front seat
Vehicles reduce the maximum number of people by 50%
Sedans = 2 persons*
*Unless a party is traveling together
SUVs = 4 persons

RESTAURANTS, FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICES
Buffets discontinued until further notice
Meals served at individual tables adhering to social distancing protocols
Disposable menus offered or displayed on monitors or chalkboard
Seating to accommodate for physical distancing of guests; limiting number of guests

HOTELS, RESORTS & VACATION RENTALS
Extensive health & safety protocols enforced; details will be clearly stated by each property
Enhanced cleaning for guest rooms
Hand sanitizer & disinfectant readily available
Employee health monitoring Limiting guests in elevators

VESSEL & FERRY OPERATIONS
Maximum passengers on-board reduced by 50%
Passenger seating assigned to ensure proper distancing
Vessel sanitizing: • Before any passenger embarks • Between all passenger exchanges • On high touch surfaces consistently during passage • At end of each day

EXCURSIONS, TOURS, ATTRACTIONS & SHOPPING
Maximum number of guests and duration of visit limited
Guests use personal gear (such as snorkeling gear) as appropriate
Guests will not be allowed to touch products unless purchasing
Cashless sales encouraged
Beach chairs to allow 6ft. physical distancing between family units
Cleaning timetable/ checklist maintained

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Atlantis is opening July 7th. I just received an email invitation to stay in the Royal Towers for five nights FREE** and a link to the above information.

**They have my email mixed up with a gambler's email address.

Update 6/24/20: The Cove is opening July 14th, so Atlantis is slowly rolling out the opening.

Here's a link to what's open - https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/available-amenities/#accommodations

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Just received a call from harborside. They are opening on the 7th but the Atlantis has delayed their opening to sometime in August and even then it will most likely not be the case. They are realistically looking at a November open or 2021. Sad. Well I’m now the proud owner of restricted options

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Just received a call from harborside. They are opening on the 7th but the Atlantis has delayed their opening to sometime in August and even then it will most likely not be the case. They are realistically looking at a November open or 2021. Sad. Well I’m now the proud owner of restricted options
You could still go. Though I guess restricted options are still better than not having access to the waterpark.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I haven’t heard anything yet. I have a reservation July 11. I can’t find anything on Vistana or Atlantis Websites on this. I guess I’ll just wait to hear - sigh!

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, CPNY. You've been following the opening pretty closely, so it's tough to be left with restricted SO's.

It would be nice if they gave definitive answers about operations on their website! The Atlantis Resort's website (updated today) still says they are opening July 7th. The waterpark has limited occupancy with a weird schedule.

Aquaventure Attractions — Open 10AM – 7PM Daily

• Mayan Temple slides open Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays:
    • Challenger Slides
    • Leap of Faith
    • Serpent Slide
  • Power Tower rides and slides open on Tuesdays and Fridays:
    • The Abyss
    • The Current River
    • The Drop
    • The Falls
    • The Surge
Interval still lists lots of September and October weeks available for exchange.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Sorry to hear that, CPNY. You've been following the opening pretty closely, so it's tough to be left with restricted SO's.

It would be nice if they gave definitive answers about operations on their website! The Atlantis Resort's website (updated today) still says they are opening July 7th. The waterpark has limited occupancy with a weird schedule.

Aquaventure Attractions — Open 10AM – 7PM Daily

• Mayan Temple slides open Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays:
    • Challenger Slides
    • Leap of Faith
    • Serpent Slide
  • Power Tower rides and slides open on Tuesdays and Fridays:
    • The Abyss
    • The Current River
    • The Drop
    • The Falls
    • The Surge
Interval still lists lots of September and October weeks available for exchange.
The harborside will be open. I could use the HRA pool and restaurant there, it’s the Atlantis complex that is delayed in opening. I asked if the beaches would be open and unfortunately I was told no beaches on paradise island will be open. I didn’t ask for further clarification since it’s an atlantis closing not govt shut down so I would assume there would be beach access. I’m thinking it’s not worth it with limited resources available on the island. There are worse things in life. I’ll keep eyeing the reporting of cases here and any further openings. I was told by people there not to book until Oct or Nov. This is going to hurt the island very badly

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
You could still go. Though I guess restricted options are still better than not having access to the waterpark.
True, but I may as well stay in Orlando instead of going to the Bahamas to sit by their pool. Although, I’d probably have the pool to myself!

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I can sit by the pool at home and our beach is still open. I’ve never used Star Options. I remember years ago hearing that you can’t rent a Star Options reservation. Is that still the case?

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The harborside will be open. I could use the HRA pool and restaurant there, it’s the Atlantis complex that is delayed in opening. I asked if the beaches would be open and unfortunately I was told no beaches on paradise island will be open. I didn’t ask for further clarification since it’s an atlantis closing not govt shut down so I would assume there would be beach access. I’m thinking it’s not worth it with limited resources available on the island. There are worse things in life. I’ll keep eyeing the reporting of cases here and any further openings. I was told by people there not to book until Oct or Nov. This is going to hurt the island very badly

This is what's so frustrating. You're getting inside information, while the Atlantis Resort website has been stating they'll be open with just a few changes. I feel sorry for anyone flying down there expecting an Atlantis experience.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
This is what's so frustrating. You're getting inside information, while the Atlantis Resort website has been stating they'll be open with just a few changes. I feel sorry for anyone flying down there expecting an Atlantis experience.
I may re book and actually just enjoy the island. Maybe try a whole new experience.

keepgoing

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Harborside called me that resort will be closed thru entire July
I just received a call from Harborside an hour ago advising me that my reservation for July 13 in Harborside needs to be canceled because they decided to delay the opening to Aug. Now I need to wait for the flights canceled by airlines so I can get my air ticket money back rather than getting a credit if cancel by me.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
So now their Independence Day celebrations are cancelled, just like ours. I was thinking they were trying to open on July 7th so they could have some kind of celebration on the 10th. I like being there on the 10th because that is my birthday and I can enjoy the fireworks like they were for me!

Sicnarf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm on the same boat and I hope the airline cancels as I've already canceled once b4.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
All Interval's Harborside Sept and Oct weeks disappeared yesterday, but they're back up again today. Weird.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Harborside called me that resort will be closed thru entire July
I just received a call from Harborside an hour ago advising me that my reservation for July 13 in Harborside needs to be canceled because they decided to delay the opening to Aug. Now I need to wait for the flights canceled by airlines so I can get my air ticket money back rather than getting a credit if cancel by me.
Harborside is open. The Atlantis property is closed. You can still go to the harborside and use their pool and explore the island.

keepgoing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Harborside is open. The Atlantis property is closed. You can still go to the harborside and use their pool and explore the island.
@CPNY, Most likely you are correct. I got transferred and transferred and put on hold for a while before I talked to a person when I was returning a call from Harborside. The person on the phone had trouble looking up my reservation in the beginning. And then told me about the new closure information. May be she mixed up about Atlantis and Harborside operation schedule! No surprise that a tugger is more knowledgable than the resort employee. Thanks for the clarification.
Anyway, I don't see the point to just visit (explore) the island with so many covid restrictions on the island now, plus jumping all the hops to get there. I already lined up the covid-19 tests schedule next week to meet the less then 7 days requirement of Bahamas! I changed the stay to Westin St John instead.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
@CPNY, Most likely you are correct. I got transferred and transferred and put on hold for a while before I talked to a person when I was returning a call from Harborside. The person on the phone had trouble looking up my reservation in the beginning. And then told me about the new closure information. May be she mixed up about Atlantis and Harborside operation schedule! No surprise that a tugger is more knowledgable than the resort employee. Thanks for the clarification.
Anyway, I don't see the point to just visit (explore) the island with so many covid restrictions on the island now, plus jumping all the hops to get there. I already lined up the covid-19 tests schedule next week to meet the less then 7 days requirement of Bahamas! I changed the stay to Westin St John instead.
I was thinking of that too. But I was planning on maybe booking a scooter and going to other beaches. I just don’t know what to do to be honest. I could do St. John but idk

jw0

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a website confirming the delay.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I won't even consider Harborside until I have heard from people that Atlantis is open, the restaurants are open, Aquaventure is open, and the shuttles are running. No way I'd go thru the hassle of international travel to be isolated in Harborside at their one pool and one restaurant.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Atlantis probably won’t open until Oct/Nov harborside is still open.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Atlantis probably won’t open until Oct/Nov harborside is still open.
Can't get to Harborside as long as the Bahamas bans flights from the USA, unless you are from Europe. Lets just stay on top of when things open up again.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Can't get to Harborside as long as the Bahamas bans flights from the USA, unless you are from Europe. Lets just stay on top of when things open up again.
Right, technically you can get there IF you charter a private flight. Only issue is they shut down beaches again. That’s rough!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Right, technically you can get there IF you charter a private flight. Only issue is they shut down beaches again. That’s rough!
Or fly in from Canada. I've said many times, I will not go back until I'm sure Atlantis is open, the pools and beaches are open, Aquaventure is open, the restaurants are open, the shuttles are running, and I can do those things that make this one of my favorite resorts. Most fun anywhere!