• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside at Atlantis... Phase 1 or Phase 2

ccy

Reaction score
We're leaving on Sunday, which Phase do you prefer overall?
Does Phase 2 have wireless internet?
Does Phase 1 have a DVD player?
Should we stop by the grocery on our way from the airport or take the
Harborside shuttle?
How much is cabfare from/to the airport?

I appreciate the info.

Thanks!

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're leaving on Sunday, which Phase do you prefer overall?
Does Phase 2 have wireless internet?
Does Phase 1 have a DVD player?
Should we stop by the grocery on our way from the airport or take the
Harborside shuttle?
How much is cabfare from/to the airport?

I appreciate the info.

Thanks!

I prefer Phase 1 because I like the decor better (colorful, Caribbean), the views (particularly for Saturday checkin) are better, and there is more square footage. Phase 2 is newer, with a more sophisticated "Westin" type of neutral decor. Phase 2 has DVD players, last time I was there (Feb) Phase 1 still had VCRs.

I prefer to take a taxi to the grocery store, although I don't think I would leave my luggage with the taxi driver while I was in the grocery store. I usually unpack and then call a taxi to go. I did do the Harborside shuttle once and my groceries got smushed because they pile all the bags on top of each other.

Lynden Pindling International Airport (formerly Nassau International Airport) is approximately 13 miles from Atlantis. A taxi is the easiest form of transportation to travel from the Airport to the Resort. The cost is approximately $28.00 (one-way, including a $1.00 bridge toll) for the first two passengers and $3.00 extra for each additional passenger.

AFAIK, the only wireless is on the pool decks. Perhaps you can connect in some of the Phase 2 rooms because they are closer to the pool, but I don't know. I was able to get it in my phase 1 room last year, but the signal was not very strong. There was a charge.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had excellent wireless service in our phase one unit in September (the building right behind the check-in building with views of the Royal Tower). I think the charge was $10/day.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
You likely won't have a choice in which phase because they are really treated separately--if you rented from an owner you will get their phase--if you are in phase 1 with sunday arrival you will be in the building behind the reception bldg with great views.
No dvd in phase one or "official" wireless although in this building and the reception one you can usually get it on your balcony--phase 2 is better for internet but along w/arlene I prefer phase 1.
No matter what building you will enjoy it as the experience is not in the rooms!
Cabs are plentiful right out side the door of the airport--it is $28 for the first two in your party and $3 each additional--if you are in a small party make sure to tell the person outside you want a private car with no other parties--otherwise you will be put in a van with others and several stops--it doesn't cost more to go alone as rates are set--so just make sure to ask. Also it is $1 for the bridge upon arrival--you only pay the bridge one way!

Last edited:

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
with sunday arrival

we arrived on a sunday a few weeks ago. We were in Phase 1 - building behind the reception. As others said - great view. We paid for the internet. For half the vk I thought we had to be pulled into the cord in the livingroom for it. (The front desk said there was no wireless). That connection was very spotty - kept kicking us off.

A few days before we left - we discovered we had wireless access in the bedroom. That connection was great.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
If you are in either of the buildings next to marina you are actually getting the wireless of the wireless set up for the marina--the towers are on these two buildings so it is spotty and you have to move around the unit to see where you get it the best. it is $10 per day--we own top floor in the reception building and it is OK there.