• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harbor Ridge Resort, Maine Local Area Info

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi! The resort and most everything around it is open; I believe that they are still doing reserved times for the pool and none of the activities. But if you have specific questions, please ask and I can check with my mother, who is on the HOA board (and lives on the island.) Note: the season doesn't really start until later in June, so if things are still closed, it's because it's still the shoulder season, not necessarily COVID-related.

Acadia Improv has moved off-island, and Diver Ed's Dive-In Theater has moved to Eastport (but that's actually a nice day trip....and you can get *the best mustard ever* at Raye's while you are up there.)

Our favorite restaurant on the island, Seafood Ketch on Bass Harbor, opened this weekend. :) I think you should expect LARGE crowds in popular areas of the park. The Island Explorer is running, but not on the western side of the island at all, so you will have to drive more from Harbor Ridge. As mentioned above, you will need a reservation if you want to drive to the top of Cadillac Mountain.

Last edited:

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Not sure about the cruise ships. If they are coming, Bar Harbor and the park will be crowded. Harbor Ridge will probably have the schedule if they are coming. If you have a desire to go to the Jordan Pond House, pick a day when the ships are not in.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
OP here - I ended up giving the week to my in-laws to use, they loved their trip. I recall them chatting alot about going on a lobster boat, catching dinner and cooking it up. I will have to see if my MIL recalls anything more about it.

tonygraz@iwon.com

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
I'm at Acadia Village Resort now if anyone has any questions- ask away. Thought I heard the sightseeing train whistle from the patio this afternoon.
Reservations are still required to go up Cadillac Mountain primarily due to parking availability which has often been a problem. No cruise ships in Bar Harbor this year. Phase 1 here at the resort is half done with A/C installation. Unfortunately our unit is in the undone half. Looks like just about all the restaurants are open and masks are not required in some places indoors. Maine was the second most vaccinated state in the country as of last week.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
How did I get 2 avatars - one with an email provider that no longer exists (see above post). Turns out there are different things on my 2 laptops, with the old one having the T in a circle and the new one having my cat avatar. Not quite sure how this happened within TUG's programming unless the old laptop info was associated with the old TUG program.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Can't believe we never went to the park on this trip. Closed restaurants noticed in Ellsworth: Tan Turtle/ Turtle, Burger King and Denny's. The last 2 were on my avoid list anyway. There's a new Thai restaurant on route 1 where the old one was.

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did my reservation for Cadillac Mountain today. The best time to be there is sunrise yet the earliest timed entry is an hour past sunrise. Is there no way to get there earlier?

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
I looked on the national park service website, and they list reservations as early as 3:30am with a two hour window, ending at 5:30am. Perhaps, the reservations are already filled. We did watch the sunrise one year, and it was busy then, back in 2015 in July. To be honest, this wasn’t the highlight of our trip. My daughter made us get up at 3:30 to do this experience. Still glad we did, but I wouldn’t have been disappointed if we missed it. lol. There are soooo many other wonderful experiences at Acadia. Paddle board on Long Pond for the stillness and beauty, for one.

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked on the national park service website, and they list reservations as early as 3:30am with a two hour window, ending at 5:30am. Perhaps, the reservations are already filled. We did watch the sunrise one year, and it was busy then, back in 2015 in July. To be honest, this wasn’t the highlight of our trip. My daughter made us get up at 3:30 to do this experience. Still glad we did, but I wouldn’t have been disappointed if we missed it. lol. There are soooo many other wonderful experiences at Acadia. Paddle board on Long Pond for the stillness and beauty, for one.
They open up 70% of the Cadillac Mtn reservations 48 hours before... We were there last week and didn't find out until we got home.

Ubil

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to reach Carriages of Acadia for 3 days and the phone is never answered, not even an answering machine. I also used the Contact Us Form, but no response to that. I called Harbor Ridge and they did not get a response either, but they did say that they spoke to them last week. The numbers I am using are on their web site: 1-207-276-5721 and 1-877-276-3622. Has anyone reached them in the past few days? I want to make a reservation for mid-September.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be at Harbor Ridge in three weeks. We fly into Manchester the night before check-in and then will drive up the next day. Wondering what is a good place to stock up on veggies/fruits/wine before arriving at Harbor Ridge. We usually would do a Costco run but imagine my surprise to find out there are NO Costco stores in Maine.

Would appreciate any tips as to where to stop on the way to Bar Harbor or where to shop in and around Bar Harbor.

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
There's a grocery store in Ellsworth that you pass on the way to Mt Desert Island. I can't remember if its a Hannaford but its a similar store.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Ellsworth has Hannaford, Shaw's, and Walmart. Between the 3, you should be all set. Just got home from Acadia Village Resort. We had an awesome week! Great part of Maine!

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best place to find a good bagel? Or good bread?

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bagels, maybe not so much. (Milagro’s, maybe?) Good bread would be Little NoTch Bakery in SW Harbor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
When we used to exchange into Harbor Ridge we sometimes stopped at the nearby West Side Market on route 3 for a small purchase (they might even have a bakery). Ellsworth was always the place for big grocery purchases.