• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hamilton movie streams on Disney Plus July 3. How to watch the Broadway sensation

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Audrey and Laney know every. single. word. We went to Philip Schuyler's home in Albany last summer. I thought Audrey would cry when we stood in the room where A. Ham. married Eliza. :) Needless to say, this will be streaming around here! Enjoy it everyone!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I usually go to NYC once a year at least to do a theater week. I was to be there in 2 weeks time, but it got canceled.

I having been trying to win Hamilton lottery tickets for years, never successful. Since I go to NYC to see 10 shows in at week, I only want to pay discount and lottery pricing.

So I watched Hamilton today. I enjoyed it, but it is not the same as live in the theater. My all time favorite is Les Miserables. I would go see that anywhere it was playing.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I usually go to NYC once a year at least to do a theater week. I was to be there in 2 weeks time, but it got canceled.

I having been trying to win Hamilton lottery tickets for years, never successful. Since I go to NYC to see 10 shows in at week, I only want to pay discount and lottery pricing.

So I watched Hamilton today. I enjoyed it, but it is not the same as live in the theater. My all time favorite is Les Miserables. I would go see that anywhere it was playing.
Dh hated Les Miserables. He said it was toooo loooonggg. It was a show I like better after I'd seen it thinking back. My favorite, that I've seen multiple times, including the original Broadway cast (in Los Angeles) and the revival which opened in San Francisco, is Chorus Line.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Saw it last night. Wow! One of the best for sure. Sorry I missed it on Broadway...watching on 70” screen not the same. Great deal for $6.99.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Just finished watching it. I didn't have a problem understanding every word, but I was watching with headphones so that might be why. I liked it much more than I anticipated. It just worked. When we get back to NYC I would like to see it, if it's one of the shows that comes back when they open up.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had never seen it, but knew many of the songs. I am huge LMM fan, mostly because he is such a yuuuuuuge West Wing fan. (So we've crossed in that fandom, LOL!) Now that I've seen it, it is very, very clear that he's spent as many hours watching West Wing as I have--he's definitely writing in what I would consider a Sorkinese dialect. ;)

And I love the kind of pop culture in-jokes that are included in the show.

Can't wait to rewatch it.

Five out of five stars. Highly recommend. Definitely the best thing to happen in 2020 so far, LOL!

Brett

Reaction score
I watched it - didn't catch all the lyrics but I can rewind and play again
I didn't realize George Washington, Aaron Burr and other colonial revolutionaries were African Americans - history keeps changing ! ;):cool:

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I'm in your boat. Thought perhaps I was the only one. I'm not aware of a single song that has emerged to catch my interest. You know, like a "Memories" calibre song.
You're not alone.

Here is the most concise review of Hamilton:

I thought I saw TSOM is on Disney as well. Time to enjoy a musical...

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Just finished it. Saw it live and even on TV, it’s still awesome. You won’t catch every word but you’ll still follow the storyline. It’s absolutely fabulous. The multiracial cast adds a very interesting aspect and works well for the rap/hip-hop songs. It’s not rap like you might think. It’s beautiful rythmatic talking/singing. All I can say is watch it!

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I watched it - didn't catch all the lyrics but I can rewind and play again
I didn't realize George Washington, Aaron Burr and other colonial revolutionaries were African Americans - history keeps changing ! ;):cool:
Next time watch it with closed captioning. It really brings the rap lyrics to life.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Next time watch it with closed captioning. It really brings the rap lyrics to life.
I watched it with headphones and could understand every word.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
My family justed finished watching Hamilton. What a great way to spend our 4th of July. My daughters know all the words to all the songs. We saw it on Broadway Fall 2018 and in Austin Spring 2019.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We watched Hamilton on Disney+ this weekend. It was great but seeing it in person was much better.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score

It’s not that history is changing, but rather American society is evolving. There was a time when the best that a African American actor could hope for was the part of a slave, servant, thug, hooker, or pimp.

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
We were lucky to see it live. It made me cry. And, seeing it again on Disney Plus for the Fourth of July, I want to see it again live. It was spectacular live and I think I saw the subtleties more this time but I do miss the impact of the live performance. Not to be missed.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We just watched it. I’m not big on theatre but it was pretty good.