• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HAD to buy 2nd unit to convert to points! Help on points! Rescinding!

sandyworks

Reaction score
So glad I found you in time!
I own at Newport-on-shore,prime summer week, never lose money on rentals if I don't use.

facts:

-Don't belong to RCI
-Don't travel much for a week at a time, but more 4 to 5 day vacations.
In last 20 years have used second bedroom 10 days total.

The Wyndham tale.

-Checked in and were told we needed to learn about how wyndham operates and how to lower our maintenance fee....we bit.

-Heard about the points (ours is worth 175000) seemed perfect for our travel needs...you can use less, smaller suite, less days. Too perfect.

-Hitch...They said, there was absolutely NO WAY I could convert my TS to points UNLESS we bought another unit. They added that since, we had NEVER been told about the point system, they would roll back price of to several years ago. (they threw in an extra shareplus (162,000 )points for 2 1/2 years. plus the points of the new resort. Capital Cove right outside Washington, D.C.

-So now I have a completely paid off time share and a huge bill for another (I KNEW there was a recission clause.)

-They told us that once they offered us this ONE TIME conversion, they were not allowed to offer this to us again. (They went to check -or so they said- to make sure we weren't offered the conversion before.)
-This offer was only good THAT day and we could not come back. (They probably didn't want me to come back to use the internet...which is exactly what I did.)

So any advice from you gurus?

-Is it true I cannot convert my unit to points WITHOUT buying another unit. If I can convert, how do I do this...as the sales people said NOT POSSIBLE.
-How can I benefit from the points system (mine is worth 175,000) and add to them WITHOUT spending literally thousands of dollars.

I want the points, do not want to give up my prime week deed, and do not want to buy another unit.

I can return materials to them as I'm still in Newport. But, gosh, what a hassle.

Thanks so much,
Sandy

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Of course they would offer this again because they make lots of money.

You can convert directly through Wyndham, if you want to do it, for $2,395.

Or you can keep your week you can rent out so easily, and buy that same number of points for about the same amount $2,395, including fees, through eBay or various websites, like www.myresortnetwork.com, www.redweek.com, www.vacationtimesharerentals.com, or right here on TUG's classifieds.

There are some large points packages that go for much less than $5,000.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
rescind NOW!

Rescind the deal now. Keep your current week & buy 170,000+ points as a resale for about $2500. You'll have everything you would get for pennies on their retail price. What they have offered is a total rip-off. Rescind that deal if nothing else.

e.bram

Reaction score
"Converting" to points is not converting anything. Basically you are leasing your unit to Wyndham and subleasing from Wyndham any other unit which they have leased from other owners(suckers).

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
"Converting" to points is not converting anything. Basically you are leasing your unit to Wyndham and subleasing from Wyndham any other unit which they have leased from other owners(suckers).

:confused: Subleasing without paying is not a bad deal. No charge to go anywhere in the system, which saves a bundle on exchange and membership fees to II and RCI.

e.bram

Reaction score
Except you never know. Wyndham might be renting out the super prime weeks for cash and subletting the pinker ones.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Again:

The best advice your going to get is:

- forget about buying another week from wyndham so that you can convert your current week
- you may wish to do the $2400 only convert my current week option
- rent or use your current unit
- If you like the wyndham point system ( AKA FSP- Fairshare plus), buy a resell week, which is already converted, for less than $2000 ( for about 150k - 175k points)

Hope that helps

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, Wyndham points are great, but even BETTER when you buy them resale.

I spend a lot of time at the Wyndham Florida beach resorts ... Wyndham always is spinning that tale to the fixed week Feb and Mar owners. Those winter beach weeks are what everybody wants - points are generic. Keep your GREAT week; buy cheap "resale" Wyndham points. Enjoy the best of both. And if you decide you only want one timeshare, read the "sticky" on how to sell your great fixed week ... if could pay or reimburse you (in future years) on your points purchase.

Last edited:

sandyworks

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Rescinding tomorrow.

I persuaded my husband to rescind. We arrive home tomorrow, I will print out legal looking rescind letters and send USPS Express mail to arrive there by Tuesday. That is a 5 day rescind and my docs say I have 10 days.
Also I will send same letter to as many addresses as necessary, certified, registered receipt and will PRIORITY Mail the package they gave me also to arrive there by Tuesday.

Ah yes. I will also CC: my attorney on all correspondence.

Thanks all, I'm going off to learn more.

Best thing I did was bring my computer to Newport.
Sandy

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Follow what the docs say exactly as to how to rescind.

Legal looking documents can be just that, do it properly in the manner prescribed.

If they say certified mail, for example, then USPS Express is not the way to do it. You can do it other ways for your own backup method but be sure to do it the way prescribed in the documents.

Last edited: