• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hacienda Del Mar, Los Cabos

Harmina

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be staying in a 2 bedroom unit at this resort. According to RCI the unit is 2000 sq.ft. I am trying to find the floor plans - would this particular unit be classifed as the Presidential?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Floorplans can be seen on the resort's website. It appears that a two-bedroom suite is called the Presidential. The units listed before the Presidential seems to be only one bedrooms.

Last edited:

Harvey and Lin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be staying in a 2 bedroom unit at this resort. According to RCI the unit is 2000 sq.ft. I am trying to find the floor plans - would this particular unit be classifed as the Presidential?

Yes, the two bedrooms are called "presidential" and match that description on their website. They have full kitchens and are very spacious. Some of the newer ones have an additional 1/2 bath and washer/dryers. If you plan on cooking please note that at HDM there are no ovens in the kitchen only cooktops and microwaves. Hope this helps, Harvey

Harmina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming that the 2 bedroom is the presidential unit. It is nice to be able to checkout the layout. It shows a Jacuzzi on the balcony - do all the 2 bedroom units have one? We stayed at the Hacienda in a one bedroom in 2001. The place is awesome, can't wait to go back!
We will be at the Playa Grande the second week....it looks amazing too!

KevJan

TUG Member
Reaction score
When are you going? We are going the first week in March and would like to have you answer some questions if you go before we leave.

Harvey and Lin

TUG Member
Reaction score
It shows a Jacuzzi on the balcony - do all the 2 bedroom units have one? We stayed at the Hacienda in a one bedroom in 2001.

We own a presidential (and a jr suite) and we have never stayed in one that has a jacuzzi on the balcony. Thats not to say they don't have them. They have changed as they added more units over time. You will find the presidential kitchens are much bigger and better than the 1 bedrooms. Harvey

Harmina

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not worried about not having a jacuzzi on the balcony....I just wanted to be sure that I was looking at the right floor plans. The floor plans for the Presidential does show a jacuzzi on the balcony/patio, but as you mentioned it might be for the newer units. The unit looks fabulous.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Need advice ... Im thinking of booking the penthouse 3 bedroom I have on hold right now ...

Is the resort nice? Pools nice? Is the beach usable?

I cant seem to find good pics anywhere.

Thanks!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Need advice ... Im thinking of booking the penthouse 3 bedroom I have on hold right now ...

Check out the TUG reviews.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
ok I booked. I couldnt find prices on any of the menus ... is it that expensive there? is there a grocery close by? we usually try to do lunch and breakfast in the condo.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ok I booked. I couldnt find prices on any of the menus ... is it that expensive there? is there a grocery close by? we usually try to do lunch and breakfast in the condo.

Read through this recent thread with similar questions to yours.

Al D

TUG Member
Reaction score

I cant seem to find good pics anywhere.

Thanks!

Just to warn you, I have traded into 3br's at HDM several times. Every time, they moved me to the Hotel section. Still a 3br, but not near as nice as the timeshare 3br. I heard this is very common.
I complained a lot, but it didn't make a difference.
Al

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to warn you, I have traded into 3br's at HDM several times. Every time, they moved me to the Hotel section. Still a 3br, but not near as nice as the timeshare 3br. I heard this is very common.
I complained a lot, but it didn't make a difference.
Al

Oh no! How can I confirm Ill be in the timeshare section? Is it still a full kictchen?

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh no! How can I confirm Ill be in the timeshare section? Is it still a full kictchen?

I'd like to hear more about this too...I just put on hold the February 1 2010 3 bedroom, must have been picked up and let go several times over the past week or so. The penthouse looks sooo gourgeous, I'm not sure if I would be disappointed with the hotel unit or not. What is the difference in the two?

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usually, when I complain enough and get RCI on the phone, I get the room I want or am supposed to have. haha.

I think I'll try this. Because you have a good case, someone deposited their TS, and you took that TS from RCI, so you should be placed in the hotel, because thats not a TS that was deposited.

Im going to call them ahead of time as well, to confirm my feelings on this and to make sure I request to be in the Vacation Club side and NOT the Sheraton side.

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
We stayed at Hacienda Del Mar in 2000 or 2001 and had a 2 bedroom RCI confirmation. At that time they had serious overbooking problems and many of us were sent to the hotel after standing in line for over an hour. Hopefully their overbooking problems have not returned. The hotel claimed they could only give us a 1 bedroom even though we had a confirmation for a 2 bed. We called RCI who then talked with the timeshare desk but we were still placed in the hotel with 2 adjacent 1 bedrooms. The whole check-in took about 3 hours!:mad: It is a beautiful place but the restaurants were way overpriced.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
oh no ... sounds like we might be in trouble. ive been trying to find menus for the restaurants, but cant find them anywhere.

do you remember how long of a drive it was into "town"?

Al D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re 3br into Hotel.
The hotel 3br was nice, just not as nice at the TS. The biggest difference was the balcony. Very small at the Hotel, big with the TS. Still had a good kitchen.

I made a pretty big fuss, called RCI. Checked back every day.
Nothing worked. RCI said a 3br was a 3br.

Nice resort, correction, very nice.
Just wanted you to be prepared. I wouldn't cancel if I had to do it over.

I checked....I'm 0 for 3 with getting a 3br TS there.
Al

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
The hotel runs a shuttle into Cabo San Lucas. It's not cheap, but it's less than a taxi unless you have a large group, and it's convenient. Not sure how long a drive by car, but not too bad. The restaurants are expensive, but no more so than any high end resort property. The food and service are good, so I didn't find the prices to be outrageous. The convenience store prices, however, were too steep for me to deal with! I would be content with whatever unit I received there as the resort is drop-dead gorgeous and you'll be spending most of your time at the beach or the pools. We had the one bedroom unit. The bedroom and bath were nice and spacious but the living/dining/kitchen were small and unimpressive. Nevertheless we had a great vacation and I would happily go there again.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the hotel v ts unit. Ill hope for the best.

We are going to be renting a car, so is there places to park in downtown cabo?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are going to be renting a car, so is there places to park in downtown cabo?
There's a large mall on the marina with its main entrance off the main street in town. They have a huge parking garage so that would be a good spot to park downtown.

From the marina you could walk to Medano Beach, the safe swimmable beach with lots of water activities. At some point in your trip take a boat ride out to Land's End, the distinctive rock arch that is pictured on all the Cabo websites. A colony of sealions lives on the rocks and the whole area is very interesting to see. All the cruises and boats go by Land's End at some point.

Your family might enjoy the Pirate ship cruise or the Caborey, a sunset dinner cruise. You can buy a cheaper ticket for just snacks and drinks that provides a fairly substantial meal and it's less than the whole dinner/show ticket. The dinner & show were good, though, if you wanted to go that route.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks karen, that sounds so great! do they have day trip to the sea lion area?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks karen, that sounds so great! do they have day trip to the sea lion area?
It's just a very short distance from the shoreline out to Land's End. It just takes about 20 minutes to get there if you're on a fast boat. The little glass bottom boats go out there, too.

The picture to the left of my posts is a picture of the Land's End rock formation.