• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hacienda del Mar Annual Owners' Association meeting held on 29 OCT 2020

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
I listened to the Hayatt Hacienda del Mar online stream of the Annual Owners meeting on 29 Oct 2020. With an open mind. However, I was very disappointed with the fact that although the Board solicited questions to the board , that they abruptly ended the meeting after answering only 3 submitted questions, and also said after the meeting that they did not have the emails associated with the questions asked. i.e. only at the end did they say they needed email addresses of the questionnaires to answer the questions submitted DURING the webcast, then they quickly closed the meeting.

Well, I quickly tried to type in that they did not tell anyone this until they were ending the meeting. (I would assume that since I had to sign into the stream with my email and a meeting number , that any question submitted during the steam would have (should have) had my email address attached to the question by the system. But apparently not ! or possibly they did not want to address all the member questions submitted. I submitted about 6 questions myself. None of which were answered.

So, needless to say I am very dissatisfied with the way this meeting was conducted with no answers to the submitted questions and the abrupt ending. Not to mention that no quorum was obtained, and they did not vote on the 2021 Budget. ( Despite the fact that it was already being billed to the members a few days before the meeting was even held).

I have also sent several email and voice mails to Hyatt and to the resort management asking for Board Member contact information, and to this date, 2 NOV, I have yet to receive a reply.

Last edited:

La Rata

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Hacienda der Mar Puerto Rico
Very Thanks for this information. Sound like they are doing some not to legal ...

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
Very Thanks for this information. Sound like they are doing some not to legal ...

?? I see now that the board approved the 2021 budget at the OCT 5, 2020 meeting. Which I understood to be a discussion meeting. To me the Budget should be approved at the required annual meeting.

And I’m still trying to get an answer to my request for BOARD OF DIRECTORS contact information. I just want I talk to them and get my questions answered that I asked on the webcast of the Annual meeting. So far no response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-##-
I talked to a Front desk person yesterday (NOV 5th) and learned that a new resort manager is coming on board next week at Hacienda del Mar.

And that the latest info on a reopening date is that they are trying for the week before Christmas or Maybe Christmas week itself.
FYI !

kulanihawaii

TUG Member
Reaction score
I too listened to the annual owners meeting and at the conclusion felt frustrated by the answers that we got and that few questions were answered. I submitted some which were not answered either.
  1. Uncollected maintenance: it is no surprise that that percentage has increased each year from 2017 to 2020. Those of us who have been paying the maintenance now have to cover for those who did not pay. Based on the 2021 maintenance billed and its significant increase, I wouldn't be surprised if the percentage of nonpayers will be even greater in 2021.
  2. The increase in the maintenance was justified by various explanations including that there are ongoing costs even if the place isn't open for owner use (understood), that owners could use other properties within the Hyatt system or Interval, and that the newly renovated units should be open for owner use hopefully by end of the year. As we all know it has been very difficult to use and travel to any other Hyatt property during 2020 though we had to book something in order to get an extension on the points into end of 2021.
  3. There was talk of more aggressively trying to collect the outstanding maintenance fees and to add to revenue by renting out units. This might not mean next year’s maintenance will go down as there are so many factors that come into play in determining the amount.
  4. There is a resale department, but, based on my conversation with them I only added my name to a list of properties potentially available for sale. In the meanwhile the maintenance will continue to be due.