• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guest Confirmations adjustment?

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
So just curious if anyone else has had an issue when they dropped a level in VIP status. The guest confirmations that were allotted to me on January for my April 1st use year for being Platinum VIP were adjusted today from 30 to 10, I had used 12 GCs already and had a GC awarded to me since I had an issue at a resort we visited which was the only thing that was offered as compensation. The issue I have with this is that in the Directory it clearly states that GCs are allotted in January and expire in December and go by the calendar year regardless of your use year. My account today read that I had -1 GC’s. When speaking with Owner Care I was told that the GC’s go with the account so I would have the allotted 10. For so many reasons I disagree with this interpretation especially the way the account is showing -1 GCs.
If I owe a GC for a future year then I wasn’t using the allotted GCs that were given to me in Jan. I know I am complaining but this really bothers me the interpretation and way they are dealing with the GC’s. The fact that they offered me a GC for compensation of a stay that was not up to par only to take it away a day later because my Status changed is crazy.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
So just curious if anyone else has had an issue when they dropped a level in VIP status. The guest confirmations that were allotted to me on January for my April 1st use year for being Platinum VIP were adjusted today from 30 to 10, I had used 12 GCs already and had a GC awarded to me since I had an issue at a resort we visited which was the only thing that was offered as compensation. The issue I have with this is that in the Directory it clearly states that GCs are allotted in January and expire in December and go by the calendar year regardless of your use year. My account today read that I had -1 GC’s. When speaking with Owner Care I was told that the GC’s go with the account so I would have the allotted 10. For so many reasons I disagree with this interpretation especially the way the account is showing -1 GCs.
If I owe a GC for a future year then I wasn’t using the allotted GCs that were given to me in Jan. I know I am complaining but this really bothers me the interpretation and way they are dealing with the GC’s. The fact that they offered me a GC for compensation of a stay that was not up to par only to take it away a day later because my Status changed is crazy.
I guess I'm not getting your beef. You had at least 1M points available in your account (based on your VIPP level) and the GC's that go with it. You changed your account to a lower level. I would assume your points available dropped at that time, and of course the GC's that are aligned with the points should drop commensurate with the drop in points. Am I missing something?

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
I guess I'm not getting your beef. You had at least 1M points available in your account (based on your VIPP level) and the GC's that go with it. You changed your account to a lower level. I would assume your points available dropped at that time, and of course the GC's that are aligned with the points should drop commensurate with the drop in points. Am I missing something?

I understand how it can be confusing. I was told I would have 30 guest confirmations at the beginning of the year according to the Directory Guest confirmations run from Jan 1 to Dec 31. If I used all 30 of them by April 1st I would have no issues. However the face that my account shows a negative for GC’s available means that I never really had 30 in the first place that I only had 10. My use year being April 1st is a little unique since the GCs and the Use Year do not line up allowing for the GCs to be awarded to my account. By your logic I could say I lowered my account to a lower level but only used the GC’s that were available as a platinum member until now. I should at the very least still have the 10 available and in no way should I have a negative in my account which I was told would count against me for next year. I could understand losing GC’s down to 10 although I believe I should still have the fully allotted amount. But to say that I have used my 10 GCs already and the extras I used will count against future years does not make sense.

If you were given $100 a month for 6 months then told you would only get $50 a month for the rest of the year it wold not make sense that you were told that you would get nothing because you already received $600, nd even worse if you were given $150 a month for 6 months then told you would be getting $50 so you now owe $300

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My only comeback to that would be that when you bought the April use year, you received additional GC and they didn't say, oh we award those in January so next january you will get more.

I do think that you should still have either 10 now or 7 now based on using 1/3 of your allotted GC's when you were platinum for the year. I don't think you should have the leftover 19 from the 30.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
I was on with owner care and for some reason they kept trying to justify that I was now negative in my guest passes. the
My only comeback to that would be that when you bought the April use year, you received additional GC and they didn't say, oh we award those in January so next january you will get more.

I do think that you should still have either 10 now or 7 now based on using 1/3 of your allotted GC's when you were platinum for the year. I don't think you should have the leftover 19 from the 30.
I bought in December but got a April 1st use year. so I never got any GCs that I did not deserve. And I can see your point for not having the full 19 while I disagree I see the logic in coming to that conclusion. I am being told by owner care that it is computer driven and that is why I am showing a negative amount on my account which will count against next years number. There is no logic in my mind that supports this.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I was on with owner care and for some reason they kept trying to justify that I was now negative in my guest passes. the

I bought in December but got a April 1st use year. so I never got any GCs that I did not deserve. And I can see your point for not having the full 19 while I disagree I see the logic in coming to that conclusion. I am being told by owner care that it is computer driven and that is why I am showing a negative amount on my account which will count against next years number. There is no logic in my mind that supports this.
Even though it is computer driven and the guides are being told not to override the way the system is programed, someone has the authority to override and put in additional GC's in your account. The problem is finding the person who has authority and might be inclined to override for the good will that you may upgrade again in the future. And 10 or 7 is still better than -1. Personally I think you deserve at least 10 for the remainder of the calendar year, I was playing devil's advocate, I mean wyndham's advocate.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
Even though it is computer driven and the guides are being told not to override the way the system is programed, someone has the authority to override and put in additional GC's in your account. The problem is finding the person who has authority and might be inclined to override for the good will that you may upgrade again in the future. And 10 or 7 is still better than -1. Personally I think you deserve at least 10 for the remainder of the calendar year, I was playing devil's advocate, I mean wyndham's advocate.
I agree that the challenge is finding the person who has the authority to put in the GC’s will be reasonable and logical and give me everything I want and more..... oops. I went a little over board there. Just want what I deserve and no more. Thank you for sharing your point of view.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
Update
They have agreed that I should not be negative so I am now at zero and then they gave me the one back for a bad experience. So I am now at 1 and still fighting for my minimum of 10 more back wish me luck...