• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

guest certificate on an 8 night stay

GeraldineT

Reaction score
On an 8 or more night stay will Wyndham hit me with two (or more) guest certificates. I know they do not on a split reservation but how would this work?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes they will an enjoy it.

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
On an 8 or more night stay will Wyndham hit me with two (or more) guest certificates. I know they do not on a split reservation but how would this work?

If they don't on a split reservation then they may not on this but I would think you would get hit with a guest cert needed for each reservation.

Jason

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
when making a reservation on line you are limited to just 7 day reservations so you cant make one 8 day reservation. you have to make 2 reservations

on the split reservations I have made (total 7 days or less) there is one guest certificate fee if you add the guest certificate at the same time you make the reservation. if you wait to add your guest you will pay twice..Ive gotten around that by cancelling and re booking

Perhaps if you call to make the reservation, you can get the reservations clerk to do your 8 day split reservation, add the guest and pay just one fee...

good luck

kaio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps if you call to make the reservation, you can get the reservations clerk to do your 8 day split reservation, add the guest and pay just one fee...

+1 ~ I hope you get a good Wyndham Rep. It is all dependant on the representative you speak to.. they have the power to do things if they will it.... but nothing is consistent with Wyndham.

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I have tried to read that owners manual but I swear it is written in another language. I will read and read it and think I finally have an understanding and then something comes up and I just don't get it.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your question was answered in the second post. A guest certificate is good for up to 7 nights. Same resort, room size, guest name, no overlap. Needs to be added at the time of booking online for a split reservation to only use one. (suitcase) Or the same day as the units were booked or on the same call as the units were booked. The VCs apply this part differently but there is no dispute that a guest certificate is good for a maximum of 7 nights.