• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guess where Mexico

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
So it's between 1970 and 1975? I'll go with 1974.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Cabo San Lucas 53 years ago (1968). Today I’m wondering how many times it survived a Hurricane passing nearby.

The resort on the left was called The Hotel Camino Real later renamed in 1977 as Hotel Hacienda. In the foreground is the sand airstrip. There was no marina and the wharf in the picture was for the old fish cannery now only ruins on the public beach next to the current Naval Station.

For reference, the future marina channel would be in the middle foreground of the photo.

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cabo San Lucas 53 years ago (1968). Today I’m wondering how many times it survived a Hurricane passing nearby.

The resort on the left was called The Hotel Camino Real later renamed in 1977 as Hotel Hacienda. In the foreground is the sand airstrip. There was no marina and the wharf in the picture was for the old fish cannery now only ruins on the public beach next to the current Naval Station.

For reference, the future marina channel would be in the middle foreground of the photo.

The internet (http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/real-turismo-s-a-de-c-v-history/) says the hotel wasn't purchased by the Camino Real people until 1970, but doesn't say what it was called previously.

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's an easy one ...

PB172126.jpg

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

Simon, did you go to Cabo back in those 60's or 70's ? I hear stories of how the area developed. Our first trip was before they took out the center median in town and to turn left you had to turn right onto a frontage road. I remember huge concrete topes too. It was a party town by the time we showed up.

Bill

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Our first trip was before they took out the center median in town and to turn left you had to turn right onto a frontage road. I remember huge concrete topes too.
That road design is actually quite good. By having the frontage road paralleling the main, they separate local traffic from through traffic. Also, by having cars move to the frontage road to make a left turn they eliminate higher speed left turn collisions on the main road.

We gringos are so used to making left turns on main roads, that at first it throws us off. But I found that after I acclimated it worked very well.

In that acclimation regard, it's like the diverging diamond interchanges that are starting to be built on busy interchanges in the US. It's weird at first, but after you get used to it, it works pretty well.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Simon, did you go to Cabo back in those 60's or 70's ? I hear stories of how the area developed. Our first trip was before they took out the center median in town and to turn left you had to turn right onto a frontage road. I remember huge concrete topes too. It was a party town by the time we showed up.

Bill
Hi Bill, I took this information from a member of Pueblo Bonito Owners Group. My first travel to Cabo was in 2006, but people from La Paz told me that Cabo area was a rural zone with very cheaps lands before start the turistic develop.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That road design is actually quite good. By having the frontage road paralleling the main, they separate local traffic from through traffic. Also, by having cars move to the frontage road to make a left turn they eliminate higher speed left turn collisions on the main road.

We gringos are so used to making left turns on main roads, that at first it throws us off. But I found that after I acclimated it worked very well.

In that acclimation regard, it's like the diverging diamond interchanges that are starting to be built on busy interchanges in the US. It's weird at first, but after you get used to it, it works pretty well.

I does take a few times to get use to it. In Cabo, to get to Costco you do need to get into the frontage road to cross the bridge that puts you onto the opposite frontage road. The odd driving for me was Grand Caymen Island driving in left lane in a car with left side steering like at home and doing the roundabouts. I got use to it but could tell by the broken red lense glass on most of the roundabouts others hadn't.

Bill

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The odd driving for me was Grand Caymen Island driving in left lane in a car with left side steering like at home and doing the roundabouts.
Boy do I hear you on Cayman and the roundabouts. Those took the most acclimation time.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Anybody recognize this pocket beach?

1638485569846.png

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
While having our first cup of coffee we were visited by this hawk. This hawk was not obeying the handeler and hung out for a few minutes.

Bill
20220204_092928.jpg

TacoTerry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Krystal Cancun, Villa del Palmar Flamingos, Lake Chelan
Cathedral at Jose del Cabo?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see that no one has guessed this spot. This Playa Los Colomitos, on the trail between Boca de Tomatlan and Las Animas, on the south shore of Bahia de Banderas (Puerto Vallarta).

I think I remember you had a thread or post on this hike. Was it an all day adventure ? And do you remember where the link is ?

Bill

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think I remember you had a thread or post on this hike. Was it an all day adventure ? And do you remember where the link is ?

Bill
I think it's in the Puerto Vallarta sticky thread at the top of the Mexico forum.