• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Groupon deal for World Resorts International

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I just got this Groupon deal. There are a number of resorts listed for seven-night stays at really low prices. I haven't looked at everything and I don't know anything about the company. Has anyone ever used their services?

Edit: The deal is sold out now.

Last edited:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've bought a couple Groupon deals but not a travel package. It's a reputable company. However, I'd check the hotels out carefully before buying. The one in NYC says it's Times Square but it's on 10th ave. which is a ways west of Times Square.

dreamin

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good experiences with Groupon

I use Groupon deals locally for restaurants and products. I also use it when I travel because you can log in to your account and specify cities you will be travelling to. They automatically send you a daily email with deals for those cities. I'll be in Florida for 2 weeks this winter so I've already purchased a l/2 price bicycle rental in Boca Raton and restaurant deals (usually 50% off gift certificate). The restaurants are different than those listed on restaurant.com. I always do some research to make sure that the restaurant is rated highly on Trip Advisor, Yelp, or Urban Spoon. No guarantees, but it helps and I haven't been disappointed. Last year our cousin bought a certificate from restaurant.com for a restaurant in Florida and when we finally found the location, it was out of business. He got a credit when he got back home.

I was just researching Groupon for a tour package that was offered for Costa Rica ($700 for a package valued at $1400). When I went back to the Groupon website it had sold out!

I looked at the World Resorts International offer when it first came out. There wasn't anything of interest to me. It reminded me very much of EV-Rentals - lots of properties available in off-season locations. For example, there was nothing available for Hawaii or the Caribbean this winter!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I didn't buy the World Resorts Groupon deal, but I've always been very happy with all the other Groupon deals I've bought. I found a few unfavorable reports about World Resorts from people who bought a Groupon deal from them (apparently they turn up on Groupon often) and then couldn't find a resort they liked when it came time to use it. It does appear to be a lot like RCI's Last Call availability.

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
Great idea for timesharing

I've used Groupon and other sites like it, mostly for comedy club, theatre tickets, restaurant meals. Getting me comfortable for a few dollars might get me ready for something larger. Last spring I noticed a resort I wanted to visit sometime had a Groupon offer for 1/2 price. It was a really good deal but at a time I could not use. What a great way for people to try out timeshares, and then perhaps buy into it. Groupon has built up a level of trust with its customers totally seperate from the sleazy salesmanship practices of the past. If I was a Homeowners group I would be contacting them to rent out empty units. And there is so much inventory noone would ever sell out lol.