• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

GROUPON Class Action Settlement Notification

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Notice of Class Action Settlement Regarding Groupon Vouchers
To file a claim go to: https://grouponvouchersettlement.com/
An Important Notice About a Class Action Settlement Involving Groupon Vouchers

IF YOU PURCHASED A GROUPON VOUCHER BETWEEN NOVEMBER 1, 2008 AND DECEMBER 1, 2011, YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS FROM THE SETTLEMENT

A proposed settlement has been reached in class action litigation concerning Groupon vouchers, In re Groupon, Inc. Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation, No. 3:11-md-02238-DMS-RBB, and the related state court action, Dremak v. Groupon, Inc., No. 11-CH-0876 (Ill. Cir. Ct., Kane County). You may be a member of the class whose rights may be affected by this lawsuit. The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the lawsuit and the settlement so that you may decide what steps to take in relation to it.

A previous settlement agreement of this class action litigation was reached in 2012 (“2012 Proposed Settlement Agreement”), but was terminated on June 22, 2015 after the trial court’s approval of the settlement was vacated on appeal. As described below, if you submitted a claim for relief under the 2012 Proposed Settlement Agreement, your claim automatically will be deemed submitted under this Settlement Agreement without need to resubmit, unless you send an email withdrawing your claim to the Claims Administrator by January 9, 2016 at claims@grouponvouchersettlement.com or you opt out of this Settlement Agreement.

More information regarding the Settlement Agreement, your rights under the Settlement Agreement, instructions on how to be excluded from the Settlement Agreement or object to the Settlement Agreement, and a Claim Form to complete to obtain benefits under the Settlement Agreement are available here: https://grouponvouchersettlement.com/

If the Settlement Agreement is approved, Settlement Class Members as defined in the Settlement Agreement who complete and return a Claim Form (and those who submitted claims under the 2012 Proposed Settlement Agreement) may be eligible to receive “Groupon Credits” equal to 130% of the value of the purchase price of unredeemed, unrefunded Groupon Vouchers that are past their stated expiration date, and that were purchased between November 1, 2008 and December 1, 2011. Each Groupon Credit is the equivalent to $1.00 in buying power for Groupon offerings on groupon.com, subject to certain limitations described below. The amount of Groupon Credits given to Settlement Class Members may be increased or decreased pro rata depending on the number and value of valid Claims submitted. Groupon Credits to be paid on valid Claims will be automatically deposited in Class Members’ Groupon accounts following the Effective Date of settlement. If you no longer have an active Groupon account, you may contact Groupon at 1-888-664-4482 or support@groupon.com to reopen an account for the purpose of receiving Groupon Credits under the Settlement Agreement.

Groupon Credits may be redeemed within nine months of issuance to purchase any Groupon Voucher or Groupon Goods on the Groupon website, excluding purchases of the following types of Groupon offerings: (1) Groupon Getaways Market Rate Hotel Reservations; (2) Merchant Products offered as Groupon Goods; (3) Groupon-to-Go; (4) Groupon Link-out offers; and (5) Groupon Gift Cards.

The last day to submit a completed Claim Form to receive Groupon Credits is January 9, 2016.

Rather than seeking a benefit under the Settlement Agreement, you may choose to exclude yourself from the Settlement Agreement. There are deadlines associated with the choices you may make regarding the Settlement Agreement. The last day to exclude yourself from the Settlement Agreement or to object to the Settlement Agreement is January 15, 2016. If you choose to exclude yourself from the Settlement Agreement but you submitted a claim earlier pursuant to the 2012 Proposed Settlement Agreement, your claim will be automatically deemed withdrawn.

Neither Counsel for the Parties, nor the Claims Administrator may advise on the tax consequences of participating or not participating in the Settlement Agreement.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
What was the (alleged) wrong doing?

If its anything like my experience it would be selling something that was impossible to redeem.

I bought a car detail groupon, called and booked the guy twice and he never showed up. I asked for a refund that was issued as a credit, used the credit on a groupon for a sushi making class at a local restaurant. It clearly stated could be used as a food credit if the class was full or not available. Restaurant stopped giving the class and would not honor the credit before I could use it. I gave up at this point and wrote it off as a $75 lesson.

Apparently a lot of businesses were coerced by groupon to provide deep discounts and did not anticipate the huge demand, lost money on the deals and quit honoring them.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What was the (alleged) wrong doing?

If you go to the website there is more information that one could possibly need to know.

I didn't bother to look at it as it's probably an American thing - LOL - no money in it for me, I expect.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was an early adapter of Groupon and for the most part I have been happy with my use of their Groupons. Just visited the website -- and it is not for the fainthearted. Will require doing some homework before being able to file a claim. Not just the open free for all like the tuna rebate.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
In September Groupon decided to leave a few countries and closed all the accounts at once. Then sent out the groupon vouchers if requested. It is buyer beware all the way around.