• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Green Sand Beach

KevinB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever driven to Green Sand Beach past South Point ? I will have a Jeep and was wondering how bad the road is, any ideas ? Thanks !

KB

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
You'll be fine in a 4wd Jeep. It's bumpy and you need to pay attention to the larger holes in the dirt road, but it's not that bad. You'll see the locals driving on it back and forth in little pickups, toting tourists for $5...

KevinB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent, Thank You ! That's what I was hoping to hear, I drive a 4x4 everyday. I'll be watching for the holes !

KB

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You'll want to be sure the rental Jeep is actually a 4WD. Many are only 2WD these days.

Dave

KevinB

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have Jeeps reserved on both Maui and The Big Island (Alamo) so I'm hoping its passable. I've taken Those Jeeps on a ton of dirt roads on Maui and Kauai over the years so I'm hopeful ! Thanks

KB

Craigvince

TUG Member
Reaction score
And don't torture anyone by making them ride in the back seat. It's a very rough ride and you'll throw out your rear passengers, even in a hard-top Jeep.
That said, it's worth the drive. We were the only ones down there and it was beautiful!

daventrina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC (Diamond) Platinum HI/US HGV Max
Looks funny having our Swiss Mountain Village on your signature:eek: Enjoy her ... we did.
... It's a very rough ride ...
I don't remember it being that rough (but did have to go SLOW in a number of places)... not like this road to a west side beach.

hi06721 162 by dntanderson, on Flickr
Big Island Revealed says this is a "very nasty 4x4 road" While we didn't think it was very nasty ... for someone that hasn't done it before ... it could get you in trouble ...

The secret is to use a low gear and let her crawl over the stuff.

As long as you're there ... the county road in Waipio Valley was a lot of fun...

P7170832 by dntanderson, on Flickr

Last edited:

daventrina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is one of the sights along the way...

q7240168y by dntanderson, on Flickr

Guess I haven't loaded all the photos from that day. Probably have more of the area if anyone is interested.

daventrina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also along the way...
Road to the Sea....

P7240137y by dntanderson, on Flickr
14 slow miles ... Unless Trina's driving... Then it's fast but bumpy...

But the view at the end is nice....

P7240189 by dntanderson, on Flickr