• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Great experience with Apple

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Kudos to the Apple store in Las Vegas. I took my 3-yr. old iMac in last week because it had a problem with the graphics card. That was replaced and it worked fine. But, the next day it wouldn't even turn on. I took it back on Saturday. Today they called and said they had replaced a power supply part, but when they turned it on it shorted out. Rather than replacing it with another part and risking it causing a fire, the manager okayed them to give me a new iMac! They were able to transfer all the data from my old computer to this new one. What a wonderful Christmas blessing! Thank you, Apple.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Wow -- great story! Thanks for posting and enjoy your new computer. :)

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
keep the share price rising. I am glad I got in again with the recent dip.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like they trashed the computer trying to repair it.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Sounds to me like they trashed the computer trying to repair it.
Whatever . . . I don't know what they did to it, but I do know that they made me one very satisfied customer. I love my new computer. They could have easily said it was out of warranty, too bad, so sad. But, they went beyond expectations and did a wonderful thing. I'm very grateful that they did so.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's great!

See if you can take out AppleCare on the new one.

PJ

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I, too, had a fantastic experience w/ Apple customer service. My daughter had dropped her iPod Touch and broke it. Completely her fault, and it was well past the 1 year warranty period -- which didnt really matter, as dropping it is not a covered event. We brought it to an Apple store just to check out our options.

They told us it could not be repaired (which we pretty much knew). Then they said normally we could replace it w/ a refurbished unit for $99, but they would waive that fee for us. We walked out of the store with a replacement unit absolutely free of charge! They had no obligation to do anything for us. You don't see that kind of customer service very often anymore. :clap:

Kurt

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
And people wonder why Apple customers are so loyal. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm very glad to hear of Apple's great customer service. We purchased a refurbished Mac on the advise of our Tech repair man. I was even impressed with their delivery service. The Mac arrived exactly when they said it would. I live in Canada, Mac was purchased on-line. The order was processed and then shipped from Elk Grove, CA to Calgary,Alberta to Toronto,Ontario and then to me in 4 days. I was impressed.