• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grande Vista Updates [Room Requests]

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I was at Grande Vista a couple of weeks ago and got the following information about their updates and renovations. Before I post that, I saw this today on Facebook:
We're excited to introduce Pizza Cucina, our new pizza brand located at the Grande Cove (across from the Marketplace). Using an unexpected blend of pizza and ciabatta doughs paired with your choice of meats, cheese and fresh toppings, each pizza is masterfully handcrafted in our kitchen.
Present this Facebook post at the Grande Cove to redeem the buy one pizza, get one free offer. This offer is valid through Tuesday, March 14th. Free pizza must be of equal or lesser value than the one purchased.

So I guess Pizza Hut is no longer. I hope the new place has good pizza; we've always liked Pizza Hut.

RESORT ENHANCEMENTS - COMPLETED
  • Villas (Main and Club Villages) - Refurbishment, paint exterior, hallway paint, paint villa entry doors, fire alarm and smoke detectors.
  • Ice machines in buildings - 3 buildings
  • Roof replacement - buildings 91 and 92
  • A/C replacement - buildings 79 and 86
  • Replace gas grills (29 total) plus 10 charcoal grills
  • Hallway tile sample building 100 - 1st floor
  • Pool 97 - equipment and resurfacing
  • Fitness center - strength and cardio equipment (Matrix)
RESORT ENHANCEMENTS - IN PROGRESS
  • Villas (West and Golf Villages): West refurbishment (77,78,79,84,85,86 - 2017), Golf refurbishment (87,88,89,90,91,92 - 2018), paint exterior, hallway paint, paint villa entry doors, A/C dehumidification project (105 villas), add villa luggage bench (200 total), add pantry (200 total).
  • Ice machines in 10 buildings
  • Roof membrane/flat roof - buildings 88,89,90
  • Elevator modernization and cab refurbishment - bldgs 80,81,93,94,95)
  • Pool 91 - resurfacing, furniture, and painting
  • Pool 97 - furniture
  • ADA compliance of kiddie pools - Main and Copa
  • Lake fountain
  • Fitness center flooring
  • Bat remediation
Bat remediation?????????? :eek:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The new "Pizza Cucina" is also in the marketplace at Lakeshore. It's just ok but really a poor value. The only option is thin crust and build your own. There are plenty of toppings to choose from but since each topping cost extra with no specials it gets rather expensive. Since thin crust is the only choice it is not very filling. My kids 8-10 can eat two of the kids personal size and they are still hungry. I have to get the big ones and split it up but it's no where near the value of the old Pizza Hut Express.

Lakeshore had already replaced the Pizza Hut franchise pizza with a new and now former in-house substitute. It was a step down and now a step down even further in my opinion. I wouldn't be so hard on this new "Cucina" in-house concept if they had some type of topping specials where it wasn't so expensive.

The bogo deal looks good but it wasn't advertised at Lakeshore.

Last edited:

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Great update. We plan to be at MGV soon.

Any idea which of these buildings will have been updated in 1Q17?
  • Villas (West and Golf Villages): West refurbishment (77,78,79,84,85,86 - 2017)

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista

• Villas (West and Golf Villages): West refurbishment (77,78,79,84,85,86 - 2017)

We were in building 92 so I have no idea which of those buildings have been updated. Maybe someone else can chime in. I can say the pool furniture at pool 91 has been replaced. It's nice (tho a very BRIGHT blue in color :p ) and about half of the chaises are now padded.

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Off topic a bit but what pool would most of you rather be around...the main pool or the secondary pool over the bridge? We (2 adults) are checking in tomorrow night into a 1BR and requested either 79/84 or 80/81. Thanks.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I agree... they're both pretty equivalent IMO. The pool over the bridge (Copa Loca Pool) has water cannons and towers, etc so I think it's more kid oriented. The main (Village) pool seems a little more adult oriented.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Agree. I also consider both 'main' pool areas. They are both large and spacious enough. For adults, each has a bar with some food also. They are a short walk away from each other across the bridge, so not too far. Given we have younger kids, we spend a bit more time at the Copa Loca pool....with the water cannons/towers/etc. If you want peace and quiet however, I would suggest the Golf Village Pool or Club Village Pool. Both are small, but quiet. Each has a nice grilling area as well. They are further away from the main village or pools though, so keep that in mind if walking.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
Staying at Grande Vista in a 1 bedroom. Would like to place a room request. Any idea which buildings have been recently renovated? Thank you!

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel

This question I do not believe was answered. Anyone know which buildings have been recently renovated? Thank you!