• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grande Vista stay

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
Just back from a week at Marriott’s Grande Vista in Orlando. I am so glad I decided to keep the reservation (after rescheduling back in May). The resort is beautiful, as usual, staff members are very attentive and helpful. However, although we enjoyed getting away, it was a vastly different experience from last year, pre-Covid. We were happy to see the vast majority of guests wearing masks and felt totally safe. Occupancy is roughly 30 percent so keeping safe distance from other guests was easy enough. Pool lounges are spaced appropriately and the moment they are empty, they are immediately sanitized. The gigantic TV at the main pool plays Disney movies all day long and is enjoyed by everyone on the pool deck. All in all, considering Covid, we had a really good vacation.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Just back from a week at Marriott’s Grande Vista in Orlando. I am so glad I decided to keep the reservation (after rescheduling back in May). The resort is beautiful, as usual, staff members are very attentive and helpful. However, although we enjoyed getting away, it was a vastly different experience from last year, pre-Covid. We were happy to see the vast majority of guests wearing masks and felt totally safe. Occupancy is roughly 30 percent so keeping safe distance from other guests was easy enough. Pool lounges are spaced appropriately and the moment they are empty, they are immediately sanitized. The gigantic TV at the main pool plays Disney movies all day long and is enjoyed by everyone on the pool deck. All in all, considering Covid, we had a really good vacation.
Was there for 7 weeks in June/July. Had a great stay as well.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Just out of curiosity, were you able to stay in the same unit the whole time, and if so, what size was it?
Yes they kept me in the lockout the whole time until the last week when I unknowingly booked a standard two. I should have paid attention to the sleeping arrangements.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree it is a beautiful resort! Glad you were able to get away and relax. We also enjoyed our stay there in August.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Grande Vista is a beautiful and huge Marriott's timeshare development, but the resort never seen crowded to us. IMHO.

I loved their onsite golf courses, practice range and their golf academy.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you don't own at Grande Vista, glad you like the screen. I helped pay for it :)
No, I own at Harbour Lake. Thank you for your contribution, dioxide. LOL. They played some really good movies and we particularly enjoyed it in the evenings with a beverage at hand. Really, the only activity guests can participate in while safely distancing ourselves.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
No, I own at Harbour Lake. Thank you for your contribution, dioxide. LOL. They played some really good movies and we particularly enjoyed it in the evenings with a beverage at hand. Really, the only activity guests can participate in while safely distancing ourselves.
I will give you a pass this time. We also own at Harbour Lake and our MFs over there are actually higher than they are at Grande Vista.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will give you a pass this time. We also own at Harbour Lake and our MFs over there are actually higher than they are at Grande Vista.
Which do you prefer Harbour Lake or Grande Vista.? We need to kept away for a couple of weeks in February or March 2021 in a quiet resort.

I liked GV, but I wanted to try something different.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Which do you prefer Harbour Lake or Grande Vista.? We need to kept away for a couple of weeks in February or March 2021 in a quiet resort.

Have you ever been to Cypress Harbour? Right across the street from Harbour Lake. By far the most laid back Marriott timeshare in Orlando. It is becoming one of our favorites. I did a review of it on my YouTube channel and talked about what we like and don't like about the resort.

I also have one for Harbour Lake. A little less flattering...

I would not suggest Harbour Lake for a couples getaway. Cypress Harbour would be far the better choice.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you ever been to Cypress Harbour? Right across the street from Harbour Lake. By far the most laid back Marriott timeshare in Orlando. It is becoming one of our favorites. I did a review of it on my YouTube channel and talked about what we like and don't like about the resort.

I also have one for Harbour Lake. A little less flattering...

I would not suggest Harbour Lake for a couples getaway. Cypress Harbour would be far the better choice.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Thanks you very much, I liked Cypress Harbour, the size of the villas and the their activities. are all Excellent.
I gave you a thumb up for your video.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dioxide, I came across the YouTube videos by chance a couple of weeks ago and watched both of them. Had no idea it was you!!! Very informative and well done. Keep them coming.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I loved their onsite golf courses, practice range and their golf academy.
My hsuband didn't discover the driving range until toward end of our stay!

I second Cypress Harbour!! My favorite -and we will be back over Thanksgiving week. We have older kids so the resort is perfect for us, although we did enjoy our 2 weeks at Harbour Lake in June, especially when oldest and her family could stay a couple nights with our 5 year old grandson.