• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grande Vista (Resort Updates + Sales Pitch)

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
We recently returned from our annual visit to our home resort. We attended both the owner's meeting and a sales pitch (though it's not called that).

Regarding the owner's meeting, they give you wine, beer, or soda and serve some apps, while various members of the resort walk around talking one-on-one to you and ask for your questions/issues, etc. We were given a list of resort enhancements when we walked in:

COMPLETED RESORT ENHANCEMENTS
  • Villas (West, Main, and Club Villages): Refurbishment, paint exterior, hallway paint, paint villa entry doors, A/C dehumidification project-105 villas, added villa luggage benches (200 total)
  • Ice machines in 7 buildings
  • Elevator modernization and cab refurbishment - buildings 80, 81, 93, 94, 95
  • Pool 91 - furniture and paint
  • Pool 97 - equipment, resurfacing, furniture and paint
  • Replace gas (29) grills plus (10) charcoal grills
  • Pavement/asphalt overlay
  • Hallway tile sample Building 100 - 1st floor
  • Renovate steam room at Main Pool
  • Pool towel folding machine
  • Fitness Center - strength and cardio equipment (Matrix)
  • Roof replacement - buildings 91 and 92
  • A/C replacement - buildings 79 and 86
RESORT ENHANCEMENTS IN PROGRESS
  • Villas (Golf): Refurbishment, paint exterior, hallway paint, paint villa entry doors, fire alarm panel and smoke detectors, add pantry (200 total)
  • WiFi upgrade - resort wide
  • Ice machines in 3 buildings
  • Roof membrane/flat roof - buildings 88, 89, and 90
  • Bat remediation
  • ADA compliance of kiddie pools - Copa and Main
  • Pool 97 - equipment and resurfacing
  • Replaced fence at main entrance
  • Appliance replacement - buildings 82, 83, and 87
  • Pavement/asphalt overlay
I liked the luggage benches, which were used as coffee tables in the studios. We dragged the one in the Master BR over to the vanity counter to use as a vanity seat. They are also renovating the ice cream lighthouse, and we saw them ripping up a lot of the plants/landscaping - mostly holly plants. I assume they're going to replace them with something else.

When we went to the concierge desk to pick up our free gift (it was a reusable shopping bag) we were offered the "owner update" or whatever. We said we weren't interested, didn't want to buy points, and hated the hard-sell we got last time. But we were offered a choice of MRPs (sorry, don't remember how many), 1000 points, or $200 in American Express gift cards. We were also told 1) they pay us up front when we sign up, 2) it only lasts 75 minutes now, and 3) they would notify the sales gallery that we weren't interested in buying and did not want a hard sell. So we signed up.

I *hate* it when they make us arrive at 7:30 but our sales person is always 10-15 minutes late. I never know if the clock should start ticking at 7:30 or when we get to his/her office. I was nice and started my timer when we arrived at the office. :) Our guy tried gently to get us to buy points (around $14/point now) by showing us how advantageous it was for us to go from Executive to Presidential. When we said no, he showed us how easy it would be to get there by buying a bundle (a week at MGV plus 1000 points). I've found the best way to deal with these people is to admit it's a "yes, that IS a great deal" but that we just didn't want to "at this time". Then he brought in the closer - a woman who offered to freeze the prices on the offers for 18 months by renting us a week's stay at Cypress Harbor (within that 18 months) for $1495 which would be refunded to us if we purchased one of their offers (points or bundle) with just a $100 non-refundable deposit. My DH almost fell for that but I was adamant with my NO so we got to leave. :banana: It wasn't a hard sell and it only lasted the 75 minutes they said it would (the previous 3 times we attended one of these it was 2 hours MINIMUM).