• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grande Vista Orlando??

siki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

My family and I will be arriving in Orlando in May 2012. 8 adults will be traveling in our party, the youngest being 20. I have done a lot of research and have narrowed my choices down to the Grande Vista and the 2 Sheraton Vistana resorts. I am leaning towards the Marriott since that is what I'm use to.
Have all the rooms at Grande Vista been refurbished? If not, which ones have been? How are the pools? How many? Do they have a pool bar? What are the hours?
How is the location of the resort? We will be visiting Sea World, Universal, and of course Disney.
Any other info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Michelle

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Grande Vista has four pool complex areas. I think in total there are six or seven pools total. There are also two pool bars, the Copa Loca Bar and Grill at the Plaza Del Sol pool area and the one at the main Village Center Pool. I think it may be called Grande Cove. Unfortunately I don't know the hours. There is also a food court onsite with Pizza Hut Express. There is also the onsite restaurant Nick's Grill. If you go here, be sure to pick up a restaurant.com coupon.

At just about any given time there are some units undergoing some type of refurbishment. If a refurbished unit is important to you, request one when you make a villa request.

I haven't been to the Sheraton property, but Grande Vista is a little closer to Universal and Seaworld. As for Disney, it would be a tossup since from Grande Vista going I4 may be best, but from the Sheraton it may be better on the side roads.

Being biased, I would recommend Grande Vista. From what I have read on Disboards about the two properties, I think most tend to also lean toward Grande Vista.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I've stayed at both and Sheraton Vistana is right on 535 and closer to Disney without having to go thru the congested part of I-Drive when it's busy.

All the rooms in Vistana have been redone and are very nice but not all the building have elevators. I thought the decor at Vistana was actually nicer than Grande Vista has elevators. I thought they had better activities for kids in the recreation club at Vistana than Grande Vista. We did two weeks back to back last year, first Grande Vista and then Vistana, so it was easy to compare.

Grande Vista is nice but is a more adult centric resort with the golf course theme. We had a remodeled room but not all the appliances were new. The W/D was an older model along with the refigerator. No biggie but not completely redone. The grounds are much more fancy then Vistana so it gives it a resort feel. Vistana is nice but has more of an apartment community feel to it with little ponds behind the rooms with fountains.
You can park right in front of your unit at Vistana, not necessarily so at Grande Vista.

Either one is a good choice. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.