• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grande Vista 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom platinum point value

amyz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Grande Vista
I would like to know the value of my Grande Vista units if they were converted to points. I have 2 two bedroom lock off units and one three bedroom lock off. Thank you. I’m looking on the MVC site and found the section that tells me how many points I need to get the weeks I want but not how many points I would have to work with.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would like to know the value of my Grande Vista units if they were converted to points. I have 2 two bedroom lock off units and one three bedroom lock off. Thank you. I’m looking on the MVC site and found the section that tells me how many points I need to get the weeks I want but not how many points I would have to work with.
Were your weeks bought prior to June 2010? Are they enrolled?

amyz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Grande Vista
yes Prior to 2010 and not enrolled. I am just trying to figure out which way i would get the most travel, weeks or points.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
When you are logged in to the MVC website, you can click on the "New Opportunities with Enrollment" link on the right hand side. Then check the box accepting the terms and click the button for "Start Enrolling Now". The next page will show you how much your weeks are worth when electing for points. Don't enroll through this process, as there is a fee. There are free ways to enroll by watching a webinar.
1678122180413.png

amyz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Grande Vista
Thank you! I’ll do that!

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I’ll do that!
When you consider enrolling take into account the fee saving you get as an enrolled owner.
Your club dues cover your II account so you won’t need a personal one unless you own other weeks, you get lockoffs for free and fee exchanges into abound properties which means you can do manual retrade with no fee and so no need to buy eplus.
I enrolled just for the fee savings and now have the option to use points (and rent points if needed).

JMSH

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you consider enrolling take into account the fee saving you get as an enrolled owner.
Your club dues cover your II account so you won’t need a personal one unless you own other weeks, you get lockoffs for free and fee exchanges into abound properties which means you can do manual retrade with no fee and so no need to buy eplus.
I enrolled just for the fee savings and now have the option to use points (and rent points if needed).
Are these benefits available to units/weeks that were bought on a resale basis or only available to units bought direct from Marriott? We bought a resale in 2005 and have never switched over to points. We also own a 2br/lock off in platinum season at Grande Vista.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are these benefits available to units/weeks that were bought on a resale basis or only available to units bought direct from Marriott? We bought a resale in 2005 and have never switched over to points. We also own a 2br/lock off in platinum season at Grande Vista.
They are for weeks enrolled in Abound (formerly called Marriott Destinations club).

Scroll up to post 4 to see how you can find out about enrollment.
Enrolling is not switching to points, it is gaining the ability to choose each year to stay in your ownership, exchange on II or elect abound points.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score

Resale weeks purchased prior to 2010 are eligible to be enrolled without making a purchase from Marriott directly. You can often enroll for free by watching a webinar.

JMSH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is where I have a problem with enrolling in the points program. If I wanted to go to my home resort, Grande Vista, using the full 2 bed room unit at say Easter I could call 12 months out and make that reservation without a problem. My unit, if I enrolled in the points program, would provide me with 2775 points.......the points required to get that same unit at the same time frame is 3175. We have never really had any issue with exchanging over the past 15 years, but I do agree the cost of exchange, lock off, II membership is getting a little much.......really unsure which way to go?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here is where I have a problem with enrolling in the points program. If I wanted to go to my home resort, Grande Vista, using the full 2 bed room unit at say Easter I could call 12 months out and make that reservation without a problem. My unit, if I enrolled in the points program, would provide me with 2775 points.......the points required to get that same unit at the same time frame is 3175. We have never really had any issue with exchanging over the past 15 years, but I do agree the cost of exchange, lock off, II membership is getting a little much.......really unsure which way to go?
But enrolling your week (if eligible) would give you no fees when exchanging (excluding upgrade fees). Enrolling never means that you have to elect points for your week, nor would you rarely enelect them to return to your home resort. You just book your home resort week for Easter instead. Enrollment has a lot of benefits. We enrolled a year or so after they rolled out DC and we have more than made up for the enrollment fee in the $0 exchange fees and free II account.

JMSH

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if I enroll I still have the choice, on a yearly basis, to use the deeded week? I also thought I had read that there is a yearly fee, currently $250, as a fee associated with the points program?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So if I enroll I still have the choice, on a yearly basis, to use the deeded week? I also thought I had read that there is a yearly fee, currently $250, as a fee associated with the points program?
Yes, it is annual choice to take points or use your existing week as you always have. There is an annual Club Dues fee. Anywhere from $230-$295 sepending on the Owner Benefit Level you qualify for. That said, if you continue to exchnage in II, you will come out ahear in the end. Your exchange fees+annual II fee are over $400 every year.

Unfortunately, you live outside the USA, so you don't qualify for free enrollment with the webinar. So you have to weigh the cost to enroll, which can be $594 up to $1995 depending on how many weeks you enroll and if you bought resale or direct from Marriott.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you could do it for free, it'd be a pretty easy choice with free II account, free lock off fee, free change/cancel and free M to M exchanges as long as that's all you put in the request list. Even if you have to pay the fee it might be worth it even if you just own the one week like it sounds like assuming you exchange at least an average of around once every 2 years depending on lock off usage. Just work out the numbers, it should be easy to compare the Club fee to the savings.