• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grande Ocean platinum Oceanside

gottspd

Reaction score
I have been monitoring the sales of the HHI big three for months now and this is one of the very few platinum weeks I have ever seen be listed on eBay at GO. The buy it now is $18,500. That's quite a bit higher than I would have expected. From a procing perspective, it's in stark contrast to the $800 Cypress Harbor (Orlando, not HHI) steal another tugger just got. It's also much more than I am about to pay for a platinum, oceanside week at barony. I know, I know, many of you believe GO to be superior an it's worth a premium over barony (if it helped me get the week I'm buying for cheaper, that's great, though personally I think they are both great). Anyway just wanted to post it in case someone would like to check it out. Item number: 260996418449 (please note, I have nothing to do with this GO auction).

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What CH went for is irrelevant because comparing that to a plat GO is night and day.

With that said $18.5 for a plat OS is way high. Its a tad high even for an OF in my opinion. If I saw a OF plat for $15k I'd get pretty excited. If i saw $13k for an OF I'd have to find a way to buy it because at least IMHO the GO OFs are really great units to own and rent.

gottspd

Reaction score
What CH went for is irrelevant because comparing that to a plat GO is night and day.

With that said $18.5 for a plat OS is way high. Its a tad high even for an OF in my opinion. If I saw a OF plat for $15k I'd get pretty excited. If i saw $13k for an OF I'd have to find a way to buy it because at least IMHO the GO OFs are really great units to own and rent.

I wasn't comparing them just contrasting the high and low ends of the market. I'm paying 9000 for a platinum Oceanside in barony and I'm pretty happy with that. Disappointingly the broker isn't having any luck selling my cypress harbor unit.

gottspd

Reaction score
Interesting. The EBay ad appears to have been ended early (cancelled) without a buyer. Wonder what happened?

ntipton84

Reaction score
I too was eagerly watching this auction with the intent to bid in the waining moments. I was really disappointed that it ended early so I emailed the seller to see what happened. He claimed he sold it for his buy-it-now price of $18,500 through another listing service. I wonder what he would have done if a bid had been made prior to receiving the full asking price elsewhere?

bw3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean
Wishful thinking

The seller for that auction was a broker. He wishes he could get more than $12 k for a platinum Oceanside. It is a buyers market. Buyers have set the price at $12 k or less. Brokers and sellers want you to believe the market is recovering. Even the oceanfront platinum only goes for $15 k. Sellers are hoping to find an ignorant or impatient buyer. The supply is still flooded. If you are looking to buy, just wait for the seller that has to sell now.