• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grande Ocean HHI Golf & Horses

barbaraek

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just confirmed a trade into Grande Ocean for this summer and would like info. regarding golf and horseback riding at or nearby the resort. We are Marriott owners, but not at this specific resort. What are the fees for golf? Good courses for beginner to avg. players? opportunities for youth golfers?

I also saw horseback riding on the resort activites list...anyone do this or have recommendations regarding this? We have ridden with trail guides before and enjoyed it, but are not super-experienced.

AmyL4408

Reaction score
Golf package

I was just at the Marriott Heritage Club in January. The pro shop at Sea Pines Ocean & Sea Marsh, was selling a golf booklet. You paid like $200 or less for the booklet, and then it gave you 18 holes at different courses on the Island(not including cart fees).

I did ask and they said it is offered every year usually, but I'm not sure if it was specific to a certain time of year.

If your interested you can call the pro shop and ask them. They seem to not always be the friendliest of people..... but I'd still call!

Amy

AmyL4408

Reaction score
Addittional Info

There was also a stable inside Sea Pines. I think it was Lawson Stables. I do not know the rates.

Amy

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Close! It's called Lawton Stables and they are located on Greenwood Drive in Sea Pines. They have guided rides into Sea Pines Forest Preserve, which is directly across the road from the stables. Cost is about $50 per ride. No rides on Sundays. You can also sign up for riding lessons.

Here is a link to HHI riding info - http://www.hhisleinfo.com/horses.htm

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Last Minute Tee Times (843)-689-2262. A lot of people call this number for golf deals.

Plenty of courses on and off island. Hilton Head National is reasonable. http://www.golfhiltonheadnational.com/

We did the trail ride at Lawson 5 years ago. Nothing strenous at all,wear comfy clothes.

http://www.hhisleinfo.com/favorite_places_&_activities.htm

http://www.hiltonheadisland.org/index.html

http://www.hiltonhead.com/event_guide.cfm

You'll love the island and GO. GO is close to a lot of things on Pope Ave, grocers,banks,CVS,places to eat.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Horseback Riding & HHI

B -

You can also do horseback riding on Daufuskie Island, which is a short boat ride from HHI (you can't access Daufuskie by car). If interested, contact the Sportsman Lodge & Equestrian Center at the Daufuskie Island Resort & Breathe Spa

Daufuske Island - Sportsman Lodge & Equestirian Center

Richard

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Additional Horseback Riding Info

B -

By far the most convient horseback riding stables to your stay at Grande Ocean are the Lawton Stables as have already been mentioned.

If you are considering any day-trips during your stay, then another possibility for horseback riding is at the Camelot Farms Equestrian Center on Saint Helena Island about 10 miles from Beaufort, SC and 5 miles from Hunting Island State Park. You can see the lowcountry and beach by horseback. This would be less than an hour drive from HHI.

Here's the linkCamelot Farms Equestrian Center

Richard