• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grande Ocean - Building/Room/Floor Help

CULox99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott DC Points
I have made an offer on a Grande Ocean for $16,000 Platinum OceanFront and it just cleared ROFR from Marriott. The exact room is 8021 in the Dolphin Building. Does anyone know how the room numbers work at GO? Floor & Location. Thanks so much!

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Corner unit on the second floor on the front of the building (will be third floor given garage is ground floor). Numbering starts with 8 for all units. Second number designates one of the ten buildings.....starts with 0 (Dolphin) and ends with 9 (Starfish). Floor is the third number and then unit. Dolphin is not the closest building to the beach. It is my favorite building though.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have made an offer on a Grande Ocean for $16,000 Platinum OceanFront and it just cleared ROFR from Marriott. The exact room is 8021 in the Dolphin Building. Does anyone know how the room numbers work at GO? Floor & Location. Thanks so much!
I think we had that unit this summer, I know we did last summer. But the reality is it means nothing other than to confirm it's an OF purchase. You do not have the option of reserving the underlying unit with MVC though you could request it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think we had that unit this summer, I know we did last summer. But the reality is it means nothing other than to confirm it's an OF purchase. You do not have the option of reserving the underlying unit with MVC though you could request it.
Correct. Floating week and floating unit. Deeded week and unit is only for inventory purposes.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

First, congratulations! You've done a good thing.
You will love your new resort home, and you will adore the many wonderful views you'll have as you enjoy them with your family.
Imho, it's the finest timeshare resort on the east coast, and you'll see that as the years go by.

As you've read in the other posts, the designation of a specific week and unit simply records a "real" entity that you now own.
A real estate purchase of any kind, even a floating one in a timeshare resort, must have some sort of tangible real estate description
that will be given to you in exchange for your purchase....i.e., something you can put your finger on, so to speak....a deed!
An analogy----you bought it, so they hand you a brick that you now own, and no one else owns THAT brick.
Your house where you live has a specific address too, both of which are deeded and recorded.

Beyond that deeded "piece" of the resort that you now own, there is no relevance except in the week and unit number where you'll "live"
when you're there....except that it will be somewhere among the several oceanfront units.
And by the location of that unit, being by definition one of the "Oceanfront" units in the documents, you are now always guaranteed
to be assigned an oceanfront unit whenever you occupy.

Please take the time during your first few visits to look at all the buildings (and balconies) that comprise the oceanfront units,
and try to request different ones each time as you begin your adventures. High floors, low floors---all offer varying but good experiences.
There are wonderful things about each of their unique locations, and the variety of experiences going forward will always make
your visits enjoyable.
This summer we requested the 3rd floor of an oceanfront building, and it was awesome. We enjoy each of the five floors.
You will never have the old "same old, same old" mentality that fixed units have.
Welcome to Grande Ocean.

aerial view

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
As others have said, the Unit Number and Week designations in a Grande Ocean deed serve only to confirm the view placement and season dates within the floating schedule:

Grande Ocean map - If you draw a horizontal line across the map just under the Sea Horse and Sand Castle buildings, all units in the top portion are Oceanfront ("close to ocean" in the reservation system) and all units in the bottom portion are Oceanside ("courtyard view.")

Grande Ocean calendar - Weeks 24 through 34 comprise Platinum season; all deeds are "floating" with no deeds sold as fixed weeks/units.

Reservations are taken first-come-first-serve with the Reservation Windows for single Weeks opening 12-months in advance. Competition for summer on the beach at Hilton Head can be fierce so your best chance at success will be to try to confirm a reservation as soon as the window opens. Unit placement is determined by the resort staff a few weeks before check-in based on any requests made by owners/guests as well as past placements. (Grande Ocean is one of the resorts where they try to give each owner a fair chance at being placed in the "best/most requested" units so if you get a high-floor direct-ocean view one year, the next you might get a low-floor side-ocean placement.)

Welcome to TUG, congrats on the purchase, and I hope all the info you're getting helps you to understand it. :)

Reactions: jme