• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grande Luxxe presentation incentive

jin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone relate what the offer was for someone staying at the Grand Luxxe to do their timeshare presentation? When I was here 10 mos ago they offered 1000-1500 pesos for Grand Mayan guests and 3000 pesos for Grand Luxxe guests (plus 10% off bill and travel disc). Currently at Grand Luxxe and only offering 1500 pesos "max we can go" don't think it is worth my time for that. Has anyone been offered more?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Currently at Grand Luxxe and only offering 1500 pesos "max we can go" don't think it is worth my time for that. Has anyone been offered more?
It all depends on your hourly rate for being tortured. I just checked a currency converter and it says that 1500 pesos is worth $117.60 today. If they keep you for 6 hrs., that's about $19.50/hr. If your spouse is with you, then you are both being paid $9.75/hr. Nope, doesn't sound like it's worth my time!

dmc511

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at Nuevo Vallarta in December and Riveria Maya last week and in both places the most we could get was 1000 pesos + the 10% and tour discounts. We are Luxxe owners.

Asl18940

Reaction score
I don't think we fared much better. We were mostly interested in the development update anyway. They really couldn't offer much more of a package for us to buy at this point. If you do go, could you post any update about whether they still intend to move forward with the theme park concept. I did see some financing information in the trade journals about this.

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
We went to Mayan Cabo last month. The best I could do this year was $300 USD cash plus taxi back and forth. I heard you can get up to $400+ if you wish to stick with activities and dinners instead of cash. 4 hour presentation and the usual hard sell. Best presentation budget can be found at the airport followed by the marina. In house guests usually get less as the budget is less.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There just ISN'T enough money to get me to.......

jin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Mayan Cabo last month. The best I could do this year was $300 USD cash plus taxi back and forth. I heard you can get up to $400+ if you wish to stick with activities and dinners instead of cash. 4 hour presentation and the usual hard sell. Best presentation budget can be found at the airport followed by the marina. In house guests usually get less as the budget is less.

That is interesting, we were told never to talk to the sales people at the airport, but you can get $300-$400 by setting it up at the airport vs the Grand Luxxe itself?

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
All the resorts have their own in house sales group (and recyclers- for a sister resort) so they always try and get you to book updates with their in house "hospitality" group. Some resorts do not allow airport or marina OPCs to book a presentation if you are heading direct to their resort as the resort imposes a one or two day exclusive on all their members and member guests. BUT if you say no to the resort's inside sales folks at check in they figure you are a lost potential sale and then will gladly take an outside invitation from an OPC who was a better salesperson than their own hospitality group as they convinced you to attend their presentation (instead of some other resort).
Just ask the airport OPC what the rules are for you particular resort if you are trying to make presentation arrangements at the airport. Worst case is you make arrangements to get a competitive invite that gets "burned" by the resort you are first visiting. Most all resorts offer a crappy incentive for their guests and rely on the hospitality group to badger them to death and get them in. The more aggressive and thrifty the resort's hospitality group is the more often I an bring outside invitation for them to meet or burn. Make them pay for treating us like mopes.