• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grande luxxe Nuevo Vallarta - quality resort? What is “msuite?”

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Made an e-plus exchange (cancelling a summer exchange due to pandemic and it preserved our ability to exchange throughout 2021) through interval International for fall 2021. Trying to do research and understand what this resort is like (Should we keep it?) and what “Msuite” means.
Cant find it in tug reviews. Is it the same as: Vidanta Grand Luxxe Residence Club Nuevo Vallarta?

Thanks.

Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
LX2
Unit: MSUITE (2 Bedrooms)

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Made an e-plus exchange (cancelling a summer exchange due to pandemic and it preserved our ability to exchange throughout 2021) through interval International for fall 2021. Trying to do research and understand what this resort is like (Should we keep it?) and what “Msuite” means. Thanks.
Grand Luxxe is Grand Luxxery! We've been 7 times. It's a 2BR Master Suite, but we've been put in a couple different types of rooms depending on the year. Technically, I don't think msuite is spa room, but we were assigned a spa room with 1-2 of our msuite confirmations. @Eric B @pittle and @T-Dot-Traveller will be able to give a more in-depth answer.

Definitely keep the room. Huge and luxurious. I probably a notch above Marriott and Westin. I recommend you skip the presentation. Very high pressure. I don't mind it, but DW refuses to go.

Edited to add:
Cant find it in tug reviews. Is it the same as: Vidanta Grand Luxxe Residence Club Nuevo Vallarta?
Yes it is.

Last edited:

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
so both bedrooms are masters?
It's a master suite with 2 bedrooms. Both rooms have a full bath, but one is "better" than the other.

I just realized I lumped all of our Vidanta trips together. We've been to LX2 twice. Both times were 3BR confirmations. We "downgraded" to a 2BR once, but it was for a great ocean view. I've attached some pictures. I've mixed Grand Luxxe in RM and NV together, but it'll give you an idea of what you'll get.

Attachments

• 20160526_201910.jpg
    20160526_201910.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 20160526_202002.jpg
    20160526_202002.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 20160526_220020.jpg
    20160526_220020.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 20160526_220228.jpg
    20160526_220228.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 20160527_092024.jpg
    20160527_092024.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 20160923_171511.jpg
    20160923_171511.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 20160923_203149-PANO.jpg
    20160923_203149-PANO.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 20160923_214909.jpg
    20160923_214909.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 20160924_174828.jpg
    20160924_174828.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 20160930_103351.jpg
    20160930_103351.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 120

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
A Master Suite in the Grand Luxxe will have 2 Master Bedrooms with King beds (some units will have 2 queen beds) and there are 2-1/2 bathrooms. They are very nice - we own 2 weeks there every year in the "basic" Master Suite. The Villa units are a little larger and the Spa units are newer. We are happy with our level of luxury and plan to stay at that level. :)

1592569692701.png

https://pittle.smugmug.com/Timeshare/Grand-Luxxe-Nove-2014 is a link to photos I took on our first visit in 2014.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
A Master Suite in the Grand Luxxe will have 2 Master Bedrooms with King beds (some units will have 2 queen beds) and there are 2-1/2 bathrooms. They are very nice - we own 2 weeks there every year in the "basic" Master Suite. The Villa units are a little larger and the Spa units are newer. We are happy with our level of luxury and plan to stay at that level. :)

View attachment 22290

https://pittle.smugmug.com/Timeshare/Grand-Luxxe-Nove-2014 is a link to photos I took on our first visit in 2014.

Slight clarification - all of the GL Master Suites have a King-sized bed in one of the bedrooms; some of them have Kings in the second bedroom and the rest have two smaller beds in the second bedroom. I'm not sure if they're Queens or doubles - it says double on the Vidanta site, but I've never measured them.

As @NiteMaire warned you, the Vidanta sales presentations are long and arduous. Sales there has an input on your room location when you check in and has been known to have the folks checking you in change you to a lesser location if you don't agree to go to one. None of the locations are truly awful, though, so don't feel like you need to go. They will bargain for what incentives to provide in exchange for going; if you choose to agree to go, tell them that the folks at the airport offered you two free tickets to Rhythms of the Night with transportation and open bar, 10% off the charges to the room, and taxi fare back to the airport; you might ask for an upgrade to a spa unit and half off the resort fee, too. In any case, they will likely ask you for a $20 deposit in cash if you agree to go to the sales presentation; once you've got your room, you could always change your mind and give up the deposit instead of attending, particularly if you schedule it towards the end of the week there. I'm just speculating on that, of course....

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
@Eric B Great suggestions. I am so scared of attending anymore sales presentations at Vidanta. I had a traumatic experience at one and have since then said no to the incentives. But I know we are losing out on some great perks and a room upgrade. I was thinking of returning in 2021 or 2022 with an II exchange but I am scared of ending up in a sales presentation. The property is fantastic otherwise. NV is one of my favorites. Have not been to Caribbean one yet.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the street and at Mega in PV last year they offered hubby $600 USD. we still did not go! :)
I have heard of incredible incentives, but have heard (never been) the horror stories on Mexican timeshare presentations. If we keep this II trade ( unless we can trade back into Maui with vistana preference) I’m guessing we wouldn’t attend the presentation but might consider the agree to room upgrade and schedule late presentation and forfeit $20 deposit, but wonder if they’d simply charge you for the room upgrade if you didn’t attend?

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Slight clarification - all of the GL Master Suites have a King-sized bed in one of the bedrooms; some of them have Kings in the second bedroom and the rest have two smaller beds in the second bedroom. I'm not sure if they're Queens or doubles - it says double on the Vidanta site, but I've never measured them.

As @NiteMaire warned you, the Vidanta sales presentations are long and arduous. Sales there has an input on your room location when you check in and has been known to have the folks checking you in change you to a lesser location if you don't agree to go to one. None of the locations are truly awful, though, so don't feel like you need to go. They will bargain for what incentives to provide in exchange for going; if you choose to agree to go, tell them that the folks at the airport offered you two free tickets to Rhythms of the Night with transportation and open bar, 10% off the charges to the room, and taxi fare back to the airport; you might ask for an upgrade to a spa unit and half off the resort fee, too. In any case, they will likely ask you for a $20 deposit in cash if you agree to go to the sales presentation; once you've got your room, you could always change your mind and give up the deposit instead of attending, particularly if you schedule it towards the end of the week there. I'm just speculating on that, of course....
but wouldn’t they then charge you for the room grade in addition to the $20 lost deposit? I’d be fearful they charge full retail for the upgrade. I think our promotion to Hyatt Maui presentation was fantastic deal early in their sales process but without attendance of presentation they could charge you full retail value of the room. Anyways, we love Hawaii and only booked this resort since it was the latest we could book on eplus since we had to cancel Westin Nanea exchange for this summer, at 61 days prior to arrival. But.....certainly a consideration to go here next fall since it appears to be very very nice.thank you for your insights And info.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
but wouldn’t they then charge you for the room grade in addition to the $20 lost deposit? I’d be fearful they charge full retail for the upgrade.
I doubt it as it does not cost them anything more.

Eric is right about scheduling later in the week. You can tell them that you want to experience the resort before you can make a decision. Then one of you could not be feeling well on the day of the appointment. :)

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
I
I doubt it as it does not cost them anything more.

Eric is right about scheduling later in the week. You can tell them that you want to experience the resort before you can make a decision. Then one of you could not be feeling well on the day of the appointment. :)
i would read the fine print just to make sure no clause on paying upgrade retail value if no timeshare attendance. Although I probably put this trip at maybe 25% since hoping to trade back into Maui next year with my last eplus available on this week. But looks like a nice trip if we choose to follow thru. Thank you and everyone from TUG community for sharing info. I hope to pay it forward with whatever info knowledge I have, although Mexico is definitely not my strength. Only made it here once and stayed at Grand Mayan Nuevo

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
I

i would read the fine print just to make sure no clause on paying upgrade retail value if no timeshare attendance. Although I probably put this trip at maybe 25% since hoping to trade back into Maui next year with my last eplus available on this week. But looks like a nice trip if we choose to follow thru. Thank you and everyone from TUG community for sharing info. I hope to pay it forward with whatever info knowledge I have, although Mexico is definitely not my strength. Only made it here once and stayed at Grand Mayan Nuevo

Having seen Grand Luxxe units and been where you are now in Hawaii, the Grand Luxxe units are about three steps up. I’ve seen the units and the Marriott 2 bedrooms don’t compare. I own three nice Marriott’s and I love my Marriott’s but Grande Luxxe is superior. I would say even a step above the Hyatt there in Maui. You could have easily done your 14 days in quarantine at the Grande Luxxe and forgotten you were on quarantine.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Having seen Grand Luxxe units and been where you are now in Hawaii, the Grand Luxxe units are about three steps up. I’ve seen the units and the Marriott 2 bedrooms don’t compare. I own three nice Marriott’s and I love my Marriott’s but Grande Luxxe is superior. I would say even a step above the Hyatt there in Maui. You could have easily done your 14 days in quarantine at the Grande Luxxe and forgotten you were on quarantine.
Wow, I really value TUG opinions and with your background and knowledge for this resort , very much appreciate your feedback. We will be seriously considering keeping this week. Our reluctance about Mexico has always been safety, and issues if one were to ever get sick, and of course, we love our food and have our favorites in Maui but don’t know good places very well in Mexico, but going once we don’t have the experience.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Wow, I really value TUG opinions and with your background and knowledge for this resort , very much appreciate your feedback. We will be seriously considering keeping this week. Our reluctance about Mexico has always been safety, and issues if one were to ever get sick, and of course, we love our food and have our favorites in Maui but don’t know good places very well in Mexico, but going once we don’t have the experience.

In Nuevo Vallarta, the Vidanta property is quite large and they’ve done all they can to seal it off from the neighboring community. You can get out and about fairly easily by taxi, but don’t have to if you don’t want to. They have good, but unobtrusive, security both at the entry points to the grounds and wandering around. They also provide transportation from the airport (avoid the TS touts before you leave the terminal, go straight out the exit without making eye contact, head to the left to find the right people to get you there - there will be plenty of others carrying Vidanta signs trying to decoy you). All of the employees go through metal detectors into and out of the grounds. There’s nothing to worry about for security there and not really much to worry about in the local communities either.

They also have a doctor on site; even before the COVID situation happened.

The biggest thing you should worry about is figuring out that it’s a nicer place to go than Hawaii and being tempted to buy there! ;)

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing you should worry about is figuring out that it’s a nicer place to go than Hawaii and being tempted to buy there! ;)
I’m not sure if I could ever consider it better than Maui, but maybe my next visit could convince me. We’ve come essentially every year since our honeymoon 28 years this fall.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m not sure if I could ever consider it better than Maui, but maybe my next visit could convince me. We’ve come essentially every year since our honeymoon 28 years this fall.

Well, some things are supposed to last forever....

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love our Hawaiian oceanfront Westin and Marriott units, but we were blown away by our exchanges into 3BR Spa and 4BR Residence units in Grand Luxxe. I don't know about the smaller units, but the bigger units and all the amenities were spectacular!

Also, we don't do timeshare sales presentations, but were always very happy with out suite assignments.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The loft units are fabulous, too. I have no complaints about suffering through a week in a 2500 sq ft 2 BR master suite, though....

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tagging onto this thread...have an opportunity to get a 4bd through thirdhome. Obviously they will try to push the presentation on us, but is there anything to upgrade or downgrade us to from that if we don't attend?
Also, it will be a remote work trip. Is the wifi decent? Is it reasonable accessible to go somewhere to get groceries without a rental car so we can cook for ourselves? Thanks!

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tagging onto this thread...have an opportunity to get a 4bd through thirdhome. Obviously they will try to push the presentation on us, but is there anything to upgrade or downgrade us to from that if we don't attend?
Also, it will be a remote work trip. Is the wifi decent? Is it reasonable accessible to go somewhere to get groceries without a rental car so we can cook for ourselves? Thanks!

The 4 BR are all in the same tower in Nuevo Vallarta, and they all have the same view. The only change they could make is low floor/high floor. We were in the middle of the tower and still had a spectacular (but distant) ocean view. It was fun watching the cruise ships sail put each night from our plunge pool.

In Riviera Maya they are also all in the same building, and all the views are of the jungle.

There isn't much of an upgrade or downgrade available in either place, imo. Maybe they would guarantee a high floor at Nuevo, but I wouldn't do it for that.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They have opened a higher tier in Nuevo Vallarta called the Estates, but accommodations there are so limited that I don't believe they would upgrade anyone at this point.

There is a moderately sized grocery store on the resort in NV and a somewhat smaller one in RM, but still big enough to get stuff to cook in the room. In NV you could walk north on the beach about 1/4 mile to get off the compound and go to an OXXO store or to catch a bus into PV - that's what we usually do there. In RM you could get a collectivo from the taxi stand into Playa del Carmen and go to a grocery store, Sam's Club, or Costco, but it's a bit harder getting off the resort there.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have opened a higher tier in Nuevo Vallarta called the Estates, but accommodations there are so limited that I don't believe they would upgrade anyone at this point.

There is a moderately sized grocery store on the resort in NV and a somewhat smaller one in RM, but still big enough to get stuff to cook in the room. In NV you could walk north on the beach about 1/4 mile to get off the compound and go to an OXXO store or to catch a bus into PV - that's what we usually do there. In RM you could get a collectivo from the taxi stand into Playa del Carmen and go to a grocery store, Sam's Club, or Costco, but it's a bit harder getting off the resort there.
Thanks - yep the one we were looking at is in NV, glad it is reasonably easy to get off site.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You're quite welcome; best bet if you do the beach is to bring a backpack. I believe they stopped supplying grocery bags in the store there in NV. There are a few threads already existing on how to get out there, but with the new gondola running it might be possible to take that to the entrance of the Parks and catch a bus there either to PV or north to Bucerias. We haven't been down lately due to the COVID situation, but plan on checking that path out.

rpennisi

Reaction score
You're quite welcome; best bet if you do the beach is to bring a backpack. I believe they stopped supplying grocery bags in the store there in NV. There are a few threads already existing on how to get out there, but with the new gondola running it might be possible to take that to the entrance of the Parks and catch a bus there either to PV or north to Bucerias. We haven't been down lately due to the COVID situation, but plan on checking that path out.
So, the new gondola is running? Can anyone take it? Do you think it would be close enough to the highway for one to get off the resort property? What I noticed the past couple of times at NV is that the road off is long and winding. My guess is the beach is still the shortest route off resort.