• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Waikikian

jestme

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recent pictures of the Waikikian and the new pool areas for the Waikikian and Lagoon towers? I've been looking everywhere and can't find any new news or pictures since March.

wmmmmm

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were there late June, the pool was still a big hole in the ground. It was being used as a storage area for construction material so it wasn't very news worthy!

Oh, yes. The outside of the Waikikian is finished so they are working on the inside. The new reception area was still a shell but that's a small job and they should be able to finish that off quickly if they want to.

Last edited:

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recent pictures of the Waikikian and the new pool areas for the Waikikian and Lagoon towers? I've been looking everywhere and can't find any new news or pictures since March.

I was there in March and then again in early July. There was not enough of sufficient interest to take pictures at that time. As posted, the pool was a big hole. They were just starting to form the sides and one end for a pour. I would also be interested in a more updated pool view.

nonutrix

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score

NYC

Reaction score
Not done yet

We are here now and they are still building. We took a look at the Lagoon Tower during the sales presentation and there is a wall around the entire pool area. It will be done this December. From the model we saw, the pool looks fantastic and supposedly it is only for guests of the Lagoon Tower and Waikikian and it will include a waterslide.

jestme

Reaction score
As an owner at the Kalia, I hope the pool area is available to all HGVC owners. I have heard differing stories about the usage of the pool areas, from it being available to HGVC guests only, and to it being available to all HHV guests. With Hilton renting rooms at the Lagoon as if they were hotel rooms, I suspect the latter.
I'm there in January, so I hope by then it will be finished, and clear as to how it works. I don't want to hear it's $85 / day for some of us like it is in Waikoloa.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
That gave me the perspective I needed. I didn't realize that the new tower was behind the parking garage, I actually thought it was closer to the Lagoon tower.

The new entrance also looks like it is from the main road and not through past the marketplace.

I do like the hardwood floors like the Kalia tower units have.

Thanks for the pics.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
will it be ready in the summer?

The website shows it available in June (I want July - but just checked in there). Would you worry about going in the summer? I'd hate to be there and it be a mess. Will guests there have access to the super pool? THANKS

Ah - the points are more than anywhere else in Oahu and I don't have enough there anyway. I guess it's going to be grand...

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yes, it will be completed by the end of this year :whoopie:

The following is from the Hilton Hawaiian Village Rejuvenation website - http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.net/rejuvenation/

Lagoon Tower and The Grand Waikikian Construction
Through December 2008

The Lagoon Tower pool will be reconfigured with building of a new pool, entrance to the parking lot and relocation of the porte-cochere to the opposite side of the building tower. This project also includes the building of The Grand Waikikian Tower. Both are time share towers at Hilton Hawaiian Village. The area affected by this project is 1/4 of one acre.

From the 3rd Quarter - Hilton Hawaiian Village Rejuvenation Newsletter
Through December: The Grand Waikikian has entered its final phases of construction. The Grand Waikikian’s new restaurant and pool are also on track to open in December.

danb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be staying in the GW Dec 6th. I will take some pictures and publish them. :cheer:

Aptman

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Pool Questions

I am staying at the Lagoon tower in April with my family (wife & 2 boys, 8 and 6). I've heard talk about the new pool, and people have mentioned that it will be better than the HGVC Waikaloa pool. In what way? Is there a good artist's rendering of what it is going to look like already? I had thought that the HHW pool had these really long meandering rivers and slides and things of the like, and that the pool was absolutely outrageous. Do people expect the GW pool to be the same?

Also, is it entirely clear that the pool will be open to HGVC members who are staying in the Lagoon tower without any extra cost? Will it be open to all staying at Lagoon? What about Kalia? Or is it only for HGVC members? Finally, will it be open to everyone staying in HHV, including the hotel towers?

I haven't been able to find much info on this pool and things of the like on the HGVC website, so any insight would be much appreciated.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
3 cents

Here is my 3 cents; My assumption about the access to GW swimming pool will depend on who is paying for the Maintenance. (IMOP: Swimming Pool are very expensive to maintain and service)

If GW TS owners MF is paying for the swimming pool maintenance, then the other TS (Lagoon and Kalia) should have to pay a daily fee or be excluded. I am an owner at Waikoloa but I don't expect to be able to use the Kingsland pool for free. Unless my MF pays a portion of the maintenance of the Kingsland swimming pool.

I wonder, would the Board of Directors have an owners vote to increase MF to pay into the new swimming pool maintenance or can they just raise the MF out of the blue? i.e 2008 budget had $100,000 swimming pool maintenance, 2009 budget $200,000 swimming pool maintenance. Owners not aware that the increase in swimming pool maintenance was due to the buy in of the new swimming pool.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Here's the scoop from a salesperson today:

The Grand Waikikian will not open in December after all. Best guess at this point is late February or March. I didn't think to ask how they will accommodate people with reservations before then.

The entrance for both this tower and the Lagoon Tower will be on Ala Moana Blvd., along with a number of stores.

No one knows when the new pool and jacuzzi will open next year. (Work has not started on them.) But they will be open to the entire complex and not for timeshare guests only.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Here's the scoop from a salesperson today:

The Grand Waikikian will not open in December after all.
This could explain the lack of availability everyone was seeing for HHV in Jan/Feb 2009 as the 9-month window rolled around. Hilton could have been holding back a portion of the inventory to accommodate the people who had made reservations at the Grand Waikikian and will now need to be placed elsewhere.

Thoughts?

Kurt

jestme

Reaction score
The HGVC website is still showing availability for the Waikikian. If it wasn't going to open, I'm sure they would have blocked more reservations from being made by now. I'd suggest that the salesperson may be misleading him, so he could sell him something else. A picture or two would still be better than a thousand words.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I'm here now, and there's still a lot of work to be done on the outside of the building before they can begin the inside work. There's no way it's going to be ready in December.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I spoke with a customer service rep today. That department is operating like the tower will open in late December. When I asked what will happen to reservations if it doesn't, she said hopefully people will be accommodated in Kalia and Lagoon towers. When I pointed out that there is no availability there, she didn't have an answer. No mention of holding back inventory there just in case.

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called HGVC yesterday to ask what they would do if they could not open in time and the reply was that they WILL open in December.

Asked again what if, because if we come all the way from Europe we really want to make sure we have a place to sleep...and she said that at least we would get a place to sleep.

Still not sure if I dare taking the risk. According to her, they started accepting reservations after the operations department said it was ok for them to do so. She also said it never happened before at the club that reservations had to be cancelled because they could not finish in time.

Anyone with different experiences?
(I think I will make reservations for hotel rooms as a back up.)

eakhat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also called HGVC to check on our reservation. The person I spoke with checked with his manager who said it would be open as planned in December, and we will be able to stay at the Grand Waikikian (January 27).

Hope it's true. I'm counting on it!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
The opening date will be soon upon us. Can one of the TUGGers, with an early visit, either Dec or Jan, take and post some pictures of the pool areas.

That would be greatly appreciated.

Emi

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there 2 weeks ago and were told scheduled opening date is December 20th. They were working on the interior of the top 5 floors of the building. We can see the some of the lower floor units have furniture in it. The pool restaurant structure has been topped off but pretty much a shell. The pool area has the huge rocks for the formation. We were told the pool will be ready for opening date.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Give me some time

All,

Just return from a quick stay at HHV-Lagoon. The lobby at Grand Waikikian is open and starting as of 27 Nov 08, all Lagoon guest must check in via the joint Grand Waikikian and Lagoon lobby. I wanted to take more pictures but my camera ran out of juice. I didn't bring the charger with me.

Here are the Pictures I took from my room Rm 768. It was a 1 bdrm suite.

DSC02711.jpg
DSC02712.jpg

DSC02713.jpg
DSC02714.jpg

DSC02716.jpg

Last edited: