• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Waikikian

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Good evening TUGgers,

I just got back from a trip to Oahu with some of my guy friends -- we had four different rooms in Grand Waikikian and there is much to like about that property and timeshare. While I prefer the location of the Lagoon Tower, there are advantages to the GW (faster elevator, in room washer/dryer, newer feel).

What was most interesting to me however was the room locations. I had always speculated that I would like to be on the end closest to the Ocean (the 01 and the 02 stacks, with 01 being on the Diamond Head side and 02 being on the Ewa side).

However, we had a room in the 01 stack where my brother and I stayed and also the adjacent 03 stack (both DH side) and we all agreed that the 03 stack was the superior room. It had the largest living space, and much of the 01 stack space was wasted on the long hallway. The view was beautiful when sitting on the patio however the view towards DH was non-visible from the living area. The 03 stack has a terrific view looking towards the ocean and will be the requested unit if/when we get that room designation again. We were on the 27th floor and the view was beautiful.

Has anyone else experienced this while at the Grand Waikikian? Please advise and thanks!

Best,

Greg

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to know Greg as I am looking myself into HGVC as well for Wikkiki access.

Maybe you could have swung into KoOlina for a quick GOO with @frank808 and myself.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I posted pictures from the 2701 balcony (that also reflect the view from 2703) in the Balcony thread....

Best,

Greg

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg, we stayed in 1501 back in June and I wasn't overly enthused with the long hallway or cramped dining area either. The ocean-facing balcony while a nice view is also on the small side given that it is a 2BR unit. Only have stayed in 1BRs otherwise (Ewa side). Probably would concur with your assessment - and certainly made use of the unit's washer/dryer.