• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Timber Lodge bld 7 and bld 8

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
We are staying in the Grand Timber Lodge over July 4th this year. We are checking in on Friday July 3rd. I called and they use bld 7 and 8 for Friday check in's. I think these are the newest buildings?

Also, will we have any noise or view issues with these buildings? If so what should I request, we know we would want the highest unit possible, but is one side better then the other?

We are only spending a few days there, but we used 870 Hyatt points, so we would like to get the best unit possible. We have stayed at the Grand Timber a few years ago for a ski vacation. We had a 2 bedroom in bld 5, top floor, overlooking the forest (thankfully somebody told us to avoid the pool view!)

Thanks for any help

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We are staying in the Grand Timber Lodge over July 4th this year. We are checking in on Friday July 3rd. I called and they use bld 7 and 8 for Friday check in's. I think these are the newest buildings?

Also, will we have any noise or view issues with these buildings? If so what should I request, we know we would want the highest unit possible, but is one side better then the other?

We are only spending a few days there, but we used 870 Hyatt points, so we would like to get the best unit possible. We have stayed at the Grand Timber a few years ago for a ski vacation. We had a 2 bedroom in bld 5, top floor, overlooking the forest (thankfully somebody told us to avoid the pool view!)

Thanks for any help

We're there the week after yours and I'm curious, what's wrong with the pool view? Normally speaking, as exchangers we've often found the pool view to be better than the parking lot view afford to many exchangers at various resorts.

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be staying at this resort in a 2-BR end of July with a Sat check-in, does anyone know what buildings are usually given for a Sat check-in?

Thanks,
Jean

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resort doesn't have AC. So you might hear noise from the pool at night.

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Pool can be VERY noisy

From prior post on tug and also on trip advisor - I found that the many people that had rooms with a pool view did not like the noise.

We spend most of our year in Florida, I have a pool view in Florida, so I really prefer Pine trees with snow as a view. Also, I like a peaceful vacation so pool noise can ruin my vacation.

Has anyone stayed in Bld 7 or 8? If so, is one side better then the other? I know a few of the units at Grand Timber have no view other then the side of a building.

We are not getting into Denver until 5:30 and therefore will not arrive at the resort until around 8 PM. At that point, if our assigned room is not what we want our choices may be limited.

Thanks for any help

lv_maui

Reaction score

I stayed in Building 5A last July overlooking the pool. I believe it was louder than I would have liked. It was not a terrible experience, but there was some loud groups like you normally would have and also noise for maintenance vehicles in the early AM. I would think 7 & 8 would be much better.

We were not happy about this resort from the staff down to the room. The reputation was much better than our experience. Many maintenance items were a problem. But I have to caution that our experience may be tainted from the altitude sickness that I got. I have never had it, and I was miserable. We left early. I hope that helps.