• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Timber, Gold Point, Peak 7, Peak 8...I suspect they are moving to RCI Points. I might be wrong, but watch out, owners!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
For many years, we have tried to get Val Chatelle into II. Val Chatelle is older and is in Frisco. II has always, always told us they do not want our small resort. All of a sudden, II is soliciting our resort for dual-affiliation. This change of heart made me look at the II directory for resorts that might be going from II to RCI, and these four are all managed by the same group (don't remember their name), and I can see them selling something (RCI Points) new to owners as a way to entice them into spending more money.

RCI also allows huge fees at check-in, which woudl benefit the resorts greatly. If they were told by RCI that they could charge $30 per night, like Diamond does, then of course they would want that extra $$$ from exchangers. After all, why should exchangers be allowed to stay in their resorts, when Hilton down the street gets $25 extra per night. It's the only way RCI can entice these companies into moving the affiliation. They may even force owners to move to RCI for that very reason, because the developer/management will make money on the back end of the exchanges.

Welk owners were told that RCI would make their ownerships more valuable in that system, and of course a TUG member/ owner of Welk has reported exchanges into DVC that others cannot get (not even Wyndham Platinum or RCI Platinum Points' owners).

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interval International offers a point program. Really, no different than the RCI points program.
All of a sudden, II is soliciting our resort for dual-affiliation. This change of heart made me look at the II directory for resorts that might be going from II to RCI, and these four are all managed by the same group (don't remember their name), and I can see them selling something (RCI Points) new to owners as a way to entice them into spending more money.
Not following this illogic at all. Your small RCI resort is being solicited (honored, in my opinion) for an upgrade to dual affiliation with Interval International and you think the large, upscale Interval International Breck resorts would, therefore, want to downgrade to RCI?

Last edited:

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The BGV resorts that you mention are already charging II exchangers $30/day for a 2BR. $15/day for a 1BR or studio exchanges. I believe they have been doing this for over a year now.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Interval International offers a point program. Really, no different than the RCI points program.

Not following this illogic at all. Your small RCI resort is being solicited (honored, in my opinion) for an upgrade to dual affiliation with Interval International and you think the large, upscale Interval International Breck resorts would, therefore, want to downgrade to RCI?
We have tried to be dual-affiliated in the past. I suspect these resorts will be moving to RCI Points as another product to sell. I just see this as a possibility. Welk did it, and other resorts have done it. RCI makes it very advantageous to developers to move to RCI Points, plus it's a new product to sell. I am not saying they would move to RCI because of Val Chatelle. That doesn't make sense, you are right on that one.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have tried to be dual-affiliated in the past. I suspect these resorts will be moving to RCI Points as another product to sell. I just see this as a possibility. Welk did it, and other resorts have done it. RCI makes it very advantageous to developers to move to RCI Points, plus it's a new product to sell. I am not saying they would move to RCI because of Val Chatelle. That doesn't make sense, you are right on that one.
So there is absolutely no basis for the "sky is falling" title of this thread, and really no purpose for this thread, and no facts to back up anything you posted about Breckenridge Vacation Resorts, which you are not even familiar with the name?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So there is absolutely no basis for the "sky is falling" title of this thread, and really no purpose for this thread, and no facts to back up anything you posted about Breckenridge Vacation Resorts, which you are not even familiar with the name?
I don't think you need to be rude. I just see that as a possibility and didn't do any sky is falling post, just that I know developers like to make more money from the same owners. I just kind of see the future with RCI invading quality resorts like these.

I had no idea they charge per night parking. That is crazy. We own in CO, six ski weeks, so don't really stay at these resorts, but I have seen them on the ski lift and went into the lobby a couple of times.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think posting baseless, fake news posts on TUG (or anywhere) is rude and uncalled for.
RCI is trying to bring more quality resorts into their system. They only have Hilton and a few others. They lack the Westin, Marriott and Hyatt resorts. Sands of Kahana and the resorts here on Maui with Soleil Mgmt went with points. It's another thing to sell. PAHIO did it with Bali Hai, Shearwater and Ka eo Kai.

RCI has very few resorts in Breckenridge with any availability. I guarantee they want these resorts, but this was pure speculation on my part. We will see in about 10 months.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
RCI may change with the Hilton acquisition of DRI. DRI has their own exchange (but many of the same properties as RCI in addition to Diamond). There is rumor on the Hilton forum that Hilton may pull out RCI in favor of their own exchange based on the DRI exchange. More exchanges would be good for consumers and keep fees low.

FWIW I would love to have access to these resorts.

Last edited:

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Given the high number of deposits that BGV resort owners make into II, there is a high level of exchange activity into other II resorts which presumably BGV owners like and appreciate. It would surprise me that BGV would change to RCI given the impact to existing owners who frequently exchange into II currently. I own at another independent resort that allows owners to exchange into either RCI or II, its the owner's choice. It would make sense to me for more resorts to offer this option

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Given the high number of deposits that BGV resort owners make into II, there is a high level of exchange activity into other II resorts which presumably BGV owners like and appreciate. It would surprise me that BGV would change to RCI given the impact to existing owners who frequently exchange into II currently. I own at another independent resort that allows owners to exchange into either RCI or II, its the owner's choice. It would make sense to me for more resorts to offer this option
Yes, me too. That would be nice to have dual-affiliation for these resorts.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SFX does have extensive inventory at Hilton resorts. They have been great for Hilton. I think you would be impressed with the inventory but you can only find out by calling. Their online searching is nearly extinct.

My post was purely speculative. I have been watching the timeshare world closely for 40 years now. I am more of a conspiracy theorist than a fake news reporter. :)

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I'll continue two tangents...
There is rumor on the Hilton forum that Hilton may pull out RCI in favor of their own exchange based on the DRI exchange. More exchanges would be good for consumers and keep fees low.
I'd welcome this if DRI week owners have access to the Hilton inventory. Overall, I (and other week owners) like Destination Xchange. Fees aren't "low" though, and they aren't refundable if you have to cancel. In addition, you have to pay an exchange cancellation fee of $200 to restore your week. You can "avoid" the cancellation fee if you pay $50 for a protection plan, but you still lose the trade fee ($149) and any tier upgrade fee ($175 and up). When you exchange again, you'll have another trade fee and, if applicable, tier upgrade fee. I'd gladly pay $50-$100 something like II's e-plus (which I do for every II exchange even if I think I won't use it).
I think you would be impressed with the inventory but you can only find out by calling. Their online searching is nearly extinct.
It's non-existent at the moment...not that it was useful before. The lack of a decent (and, now, the complete lack of an) online exchange is my biggest complaint. It is, however, offset by the superb support given by CSRs.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

We own at Grand Colorado on Peak 8. I don’t think they’ll be moving to RCI points, only because all new purchases get enrolled into Club Interval, which is a points program.

Of course I’ve been wrong before.