• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Solmar at Lands End II deposits

toddvb20

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how often Grand Solmar makes deposits? Would all of the 2020 units already been deposited? I'm looking for late October early November but nothing shows up.

Thanks!

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

lisaleming72

Reaction score
Asking for advise: We just got back to the states from Cabo. We signed contracts for Grand Solmar Vacation club, Friday July 17th, but have only paid approx $1700 of the fees as of now. From what I am seeing, we have 5 days to legally cancel contract and after reading reviews of how buying into this “club” can turn out, very skeptical. Trying to do my research on those that have bought into the program on whether they are happy with the apparent “timeshare” that they promised wasn’t a “timeshare”. My thought is once we are able to use in January, we could use some of our weeks to rent out (on VRBO or AirBnb) and help break even on our fees, and even possible make some extra to go towards our vacations. Advise please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
If you have any questions or concerns about what you've bought, take advantage of the five-day rescission period and rescind. You just have this one chance to do so. If, after learning more about the program, you decide buying from the developer is a good idea, you can always buy from them again. Somewhere on your paperwork there should be instructions as to how to rescind but they may be obcure or hidden. If you rescind, be sure to send your letter by certified mail so that you have a receipt from the post office showing you sent it in time. It may be
more complicated to send something to Mexico but search your documents for an address. However you send it, be sure you keep a copy of the letter signed by everyone who signed the contract along with your proof of mailing.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To add to that, the ability to rent a week out to cover maintenance fees is a crap shoot. Do not buy a timeshare to plan on renting it out when you cannot use it. In general there are more weeks available for rent than people looking to rent.

Last edited: