• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Pacific resorts owners: looking for feedback

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
One of my timeshares is changing management to Grand Pacific next year. What do you like about this company? What don't you like? If you have experience with a resort changing to GP after you bought the timeshare, were there any notable changes for owners?

skimble

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of my timeshares is changing management to Grand Pacific next year. What do you like about this company? What don't you like? If you have experience with a resort changing to GP after you bought the timeshare, were there any notable changes for owners?

Positive-- they're VERY hospitable. We love going to our resorts because we know staff, and they know us. Things are clean, units are decorated nicely. They pride themselves on positive relationships and great customer service.
Negative-- your maintenance fees will begin to increase. They have a planned system for reserves. They forecast maintenance and repairs and they save accordingly. This is fiscally responsible. But, your fees will go up. Availability of prime weeks may start to slip away. I'm assuming you own at the Wave Crest. Summer weeks are already difficult for you to get-- it will likely become even more difficult.
Grand Pacific is connected with Hilton Grand Vacation Club. Hilton has some priority booking. I don't know if it will extend to Del Mar, but HGVC is the golden child in the GPR family.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Likes: Onsite staff is always friendly, generous and excellent. They have a nice internal trading system that has all the resorts that I like. Amenities and activities will vary site to site, but they generally have much more to offer than other resorts. The beds are extremely comfortable and may be the only beds I get a good night's sleep in at timeshares. Most have some type of additional maid service during the week - either trash and towels or a mini clean.

Dislikes: They bite off more than they can chew and as a result can have errors in billing, booking and basically any request you do over the phone or the internet that isn't directly to the resort. They MFs are higher than similar resorts in same area and they have a daily resort fee for all non owners (you'll pay it whenever you exchange to another resort).

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Grand Pacific has three resorts that are part of HGVC.

None of the other resorts have anything to do with that club so don't let the griping confuse you.

I own Carlsbad Inn which is managed by GP and not part of HGVC. It's always in good shape and the customer service is excellent.

Fees are higher than they are at run down locations, but I'd rather pay a little more for a higher quality unit.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I'm assuming you own at the Wave Crest. Summer weeks are already difficult for you to get-- it will likely become even more difficult.

No, Kauai Beach Villas. The MF are already high, at least in my opinion. The units were renovated last year, except for kitchens and bathrooms, and several other major maintenance projects are scheduled for this year and next with enough in reserves to pay for them. The new property manager, who came about six months ago, is impressed with the HOA's budgeting and keeping enough in reserves, so there hasn't been special assessments. But I don't know how this change in management will affect the MF.