• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Pacific Palisades - Grand Pacific Resorts

hptravel01

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, Elara
Grand Pacific Palisades
I just purchased a float week at Grand Pacific Palisades through resale. The process was very smooth and fast because the deed was through GPR and not HGVC. Besides the day use at the resort, does anyone have any additional recommendation with GPP and GPR. I live locally and I am excited for the day uses. Has the day use been an issue for others? Do I need to call in advance. TYIA

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't need to call for day use. Just show up and they will give you a pool key that you can use for that day.

If you are going to exchange your week, you can get other GPR with their internal exchange company, GPX, but keep in mind that you will pay a daily resort fee plus exchange fee for wherever you are going to exchange to.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
How many you are allowed to bring to day use depends on what you own. For example, if you own a one bedroom you can bring a max of four (the occupancy for a one bedroom).

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Day use has been limited through Covid and you need to make an appointment. That will gradually change and we will be back to just showing up.

you also have access to GPX now and can exchange or book cash weeks.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
You don't need to call for day use. Just show up and they will give you a pool key that you can use for that day.

If you are going to exchange your week, you can get other GPR with their internal exchange company, GPX, but keep in mind that you will pay a daily resort fee plus exchange fee for wherever you are going to exchange to.
With GPX, if you exchange back into your home resort do you still have to pay the resort fee? I'm thinking of picking up a resale at Southern CA Beach Club but it is deeded in Winter and I prefer Fall. Any idea if SCBC has float weeks? Thank you

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
With GPX, if you exchange back into your home resort do you still have to pay the resort fee? I'm thinking of picking up a resale at Southern CA Beach Club but it is deeded in Winter and I prefer Fall. Any idea if SCBC has float weeks? Thank you
You don't need to pay the resort fee for your home resort. There was a time when my credit card was charged the resort fee for the week, but I emailed and had them reversed the charge.

I believe that all weeks at SCBC are fixed. Also, I believe all the rooms with ocean view are one bedrooms.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
You don't need to pay the resort fee for your home resort. There was a time when my credit card was charged the resort fee for the week, but I emailed and had them reversed the charge.

I believe that all weeks at SCBC are fixed. Also, I believe all the rooms with ocean view are one bedrooms.
Thank you! So If buy a deeded week the only way to get a Fall week is to trade with GPX or other trade company? I was hoping there was an easier non-trading method :)

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
If you maintain a full price RCI membership, consider having it added to your GPP dues instead. Two benefits:
  1. Reduced annual fee ($55/year, I think?)
  2. RCI can (and will) remove the restriction that prevents most users from searching beyond your RCI membership expiration. Rather, your RCI membership is considered to "never expire."

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! So If buy a deeded week the only way to get a Fall week is to trade with GPX or other trade company? I was hoping there was an easier non-trading method :)
I would strongly discourage you from buying a week that you don't want to use if you want to stay at that particular resort. Buy a fall week. Trading is done via GPX and RCI mostly. The smaller companies will get a unicorn at times. The other way you can stay there as an owner is to pay for nightly stays on bonus time. I don't have any idea what they charge for that. You might want to call the resort and ask about the fees for that.

Hart99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a float week at Grand Pacific Palisades through resale. The process was very smooth and fast because the deed was through GPR and not HGVC. Besides the day use at the resort, does anyone have any additional recommendation with GPP and GPR. I live locally and I am excited for the day uses. Has the day use been an issue for others? Do I need to call in advance. TYIA

I'm in the process of closing on a deed at GPP as well. I've walked around the resort recently and went to the front desk to ask them a bunch of questions regarding day-use since I live about 5 minutes from the resort. The front desk informed me that if you are a day-use 'regular' they will usually just give you a keycard which is good for the month. They said it saves everybody the hassle of having to go to the front desk if you plan on using the gym/pool a few times a week so you can just park and head up to use the amenities.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

All are deeded weeks at GPP. Summer weeks are all fixed weeks. Everything else is floating. Are you looking at a fixed summer or float week? If you want to reserve a week during your float period you do that direct with no fees. You can use GPX if you want to exchange (with a fee). Below is from the Grand Pacific Resorts website:

“Float Season falls weeks 1-25 and 36-52 and Fixed Season is weeks 26-35. Float Week owners can reserve a week within the unit size they purchased up to 14 months in advance of the calendar year date. For example, call November 1, 2014 to reserve during the Float Season of 2016.”

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
All are deeded weeks at GPP. Summer weeks are all fixed weeks. Everything else is floating. Are you looking at a fixed summer or float week? If you want to reserve a week during your float period you do that direct with no fees. You can use GPX if you want to exchange (with a fee). Below is from the Grand Pacific Resorts website:

“Float Season falls weeks 1-25 and 36-52 and Fixed Season is weeks 26-35. Float Week owners can reserve a week within the unit size they purchased up to 14 months in advance of the calendar year date. For example, call November 1, 2014 to reserve during the Float Season of 2016.”
Great info! Do you know if the same is true for SCBC? My preference is to travel there in Sept, which is after the fixed weeks. Would love to be able to book my float week then, Thank you

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Great info! Do you know if the same is true for SCBC? My preference is to travel there in Sept, which is after the fixed weeks. Would love to be able to book my float week then, Thank you

Call the resort and ask to be sure. I believe they are also fixed units and if you get a 1BR, You want an ocean view unit, not the ones with a view of the building. The 2BR are at street level and have a view but the studios and some 1BR are right on the boardwalk.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

SCBC are all fixed weeks.

“Owners of Southern California Beach Club need not request reservations, as they are made automatically each year. The Fixed Week purchase specified in the grant deed guarantees the owner the same week for the lifetime of their ownership. Refer to the Use Week calendar, as the dates vary each year. It is the owner’s responsibility to either use or space bank their use week.”

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
......Below is from the Grand Pacific Resorts website:

“Float Season falls weeks 1-25 and 36-52 and Fixed Season is weeks 26-35. Float Week owners can reserve a week within the unit size they purchased up to 14 months in advance of the calendar year date. For example,

call November 1, 2014 to reserve during the Float Season of 2016.”

WOW - you can get day use - and they have a TS week time machine

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
WOW - you can get day use - and they have a TS week time machine

Try as I might I cannot figure out what you mean by the time machine comment, lol. What am I missing?

macmanrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Costa Sur PV Mexico
Last when we talked too our GPR staff they said because of covid no more day use. But we have used bonus weekend. Which is nice. We are about 1 1/2 away
So next year we will use more day use.

macmanrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Costa Sur PV Mexico
I would strongly discourage you from buying a week that you don't want to use if you want to stay at that particular resort. Buy a fall week. Trading is done via GPX and RCI mostly. The smaller companies will get a unicorn at times. The other way you can stay there as an owner is to pay for nightly stays on bonus time. I don't have any idea what they charge for that. You might want to call the resort and ask about the fees for that.
We used bonus weekend it was $89 + taxes for a 1 bedroom

chuck94107

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jockey Club
Laguna Surf
Grand Pacific Palisades
$89 for 1 bedroom at GPP? I understand the owner bonus time rate is $129 for 1 bedroom and $139 for a 2 bedroom. I wonder if you got some other special rate.

macmanrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Costa Sur PV Mexico
I can call and double check this is at our deeded timeshare we call it our resort. I don't known if i can do bonus time at other resorts in the system